Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@GG84 @pocketvenus @WinglessOne 

I posted about this issue earlier. It happens mostly when I try to hashtag a product after I’ve tagged someone. If I press enter after the name tag it doesn’t happen so that’s a temporary fix. Same if tagging more than one product.

@makeitup305thanks for the tip, this fix works for me too! @GG84 @WinglessOne 

@GG84 @KatieBT , I've experienced this as well, inconsistently, using Firefox/desktop.

@pocketvenus Interesting, it happens on desktop too. So it’s not isolated to mobile. 

@GG84  and @WinglessOne  thanks for reporting this issue! Tagging products is... less than easy these days and we have seen this odd issue when tagging product. It's a BIG project to fix but we are working on it as well as other issues in the "text box." I will share your feedback with the team working on this.  

Thanks @KatieBT! Good to know it’s a known issue that’s on the fix-it list. 

@GG84  @KatieBT  This also happens to me on my iPhone (iOS 12.1.2 and Safari), and I don’t use the app either. I’ve given up on tagging products via phone. 

I’m on BIC via iPad far more often than iPhone. Unfortunately, this problem also happens via Safari on my iPad (iOS 12.1.1; this reminds me to upgrade both tablet and phone OS), but less frequently. On my iPad, it usually only happens in these 2 scenarios: 

1. Multiple product tags: I can tag the first product just fine (well, minus the SUPER ANNOYING way tagging works/behaves now; I think I reported that earlier in this thread). But when I type a hashtag to start a second product tag (after hitting enter/return to insert line breaks between tagged content), my cursor jumps back up to my first tag and botches it exactly the way GG84 showed. This glitch is very random. It hasn’t happened to me in 2 weeks. When it strikes, it doesn’t matter where I try to place my second product tag: directly below the first tag; in the same paragraph as the first tag, whether separated by non-tagged words or not; in a new paragraph as the first words; in a new paragraph after non-tagged words; etc. 

2. Spoilers: I sometimes like to drop lots of info in spoiler tags and use product tags there. But this problem sometimes happens as soon as I try to tag my first product. Other times, I can tag a product but not a second one. If I tag multiple products outside a spoiler tag, sometimes I can cut all that content and paste it into a spoiler, so at least there’s a workaround. 

I haven’t tried any of this with a different browser via iPad yet. 

Is anyone back to having notifications missing for tags? I was having the same issue over a month ago, then it was fixed. This week I’m back to not getting notifications about being mentioned in a comment? 

Same here, @missjeanie  - that and I am not getting any notifications for new posts to threads I am subbed to. 

You're not alone, @missjeanie. I'm getting some notifications for tags, but not all of them. It's so random. 

Yes @quspork , mine are working for some, but not others.  

Blanket Apology to anyone I'm not getting back to!! I'm Sorry!!

For some reason I can't log in on the mobile site, I get redirected to the app, which I don't like. The threads on the main feed aren't even the same when I'm on the app in comparison to desktop or the mobile site. Am I the only one? I have an iPhone btw....

I’ve had this issue for a few days too.  My work around is I tap the three dashes for the pull out menu, click “Community,” then hit “Conversations” on the pull down menu on the main Community page. I don’t want to delete the app since I use it more than anything for product info. 

@suzyo same thing happening to me! If I receive an email notification and click it to go to the thread, I'm taken to the home page of the app. I haven't been able to solve it, I literally had to delete my app because I was missing so many notifications and threads (sorry to everyone I've been ignoring - everything kinda works now 😂)

@cianni  Deleting the app solved my problem, thanks for the tip 😁

Hello BIC! I wish I were greeting you with better news but you all deserve an update on the spam issue that has been overwhelming the boards.

While the mods have been working to remove spam as quickly as possible, it's truly gotten out of hand. We escalated this issue once the spam increased weeks ago and have been pressing for a final answer on when the spam will be contained. Please know that we have a large number of people across many teams looking at this issue. While it isn't fixed yet, our tech partners are troubleshooting different fixes and working to get to the root cause of this.

You may have noticed that the ability to "mark as spam" went away. In an effort to fix the spam issue, an old setting was restored that took this option away. Luckily we were able to switch this back to work as intended so you have the ability to flag spam again. This functionality is a necessity right now and we so appreciate everyone who has been flagging spam. Please note, if you are not seeing the "mark as spam" option, that may just mean that someone else has already marked the post as spam.

Please keep the tags coming and we will work to update you more frequently with solid updates. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. 

@KatieBT 

Something funky is going on trying to browse, specifically with page TWO of the main conversation feed. It's been happening for at least a week, maybe a bit more. I kinda figured it would resolve itself by now, but it hasn't, so here I am.

If I start at page one, select a thread to read, read it, maybe give a few hearts, then use the back button to go back to page one of the feed, all is well. Same for page three of the main feed. But *every*single*time* I do this on page two of the feed, the back button doesn't send me back to page two of the feed. Instead I get this error:

Screenshot_20190510-120500.png

I have to hit the back button usually 2-3 times (sometimes more) and wind up in the last thread I posted to, from which I can then use the menu to select Conversations again, and get back to page one of the feed, then make my way back to page two. Of course, once I get to page two, I don't want to actually read any threads anymore because it's a bit of a nightmare to navigate back, so I just stop reading.

This does not seem to be a problem on my desktop, only the mobile site (Android, chrome). Clearing cookies miiiight give me one shot at page two working properly, but even if I get one, the second time errors out. I don't want to clear cookies multiple times a day just to read page two. Can you please pass this along to the IT folks?

I've also noticed I'm not receiving notifications.

At first I assumed it was just a slow weekend, but there are threads I subscribe to that have had posts that I'm not getting emails for.

Mine seem to be working again? Hope it sticks!!

Notifications seem to be currently down for me. Anyone else having trouble? 

Yes, and it's still continuing today. No notifications on the website (Chrome) and no emails. 

testing