Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@suzyo same thing happening to me! If I receive an email notification and click it to go to the thread, I'm taken to the home page of the app. I haven't been able to solve it, I literally had to delete my app because I was missing so many notifications and threads (sorry to everyone I've been ignoring - everything kinda works now 😂)

@cianni  Deleting the app solved my problem, thanks for the tip 😁

Hello BIC! I wish I were greeting you with better news but you all deserve an update on the spam issue that has been overwhelming the boards.

While the mods have been working to remove spam as quickly as possible, it's truly gotten out of hand. We escalated this issue once the spam increased weeks ago and have been pressing for a final answer on when the spam will be contained. Please know that we have a large number of people across many teams looking at this issue. While it isn't fixed yet, our tech partners are troubleshooting different fixes and working to get to the root cause of this.

You may have noticed that the ability to "mark as spam" went away. In an effort to fix the spam issue, an old setting was restored that took this option away. Luckily we were able to switch this back to work as intended so you have the ability to flag spam again. This functionality is a necessity right now and we so appreciate everyone who has been flagging spam. Please note, if you are not seeing the "mark as spam" option, that may just mean that someone else has already marked the post as spam.

Please keep the tags coming and we will work to update you more frequently with solid updates. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. 

@KatieBT 

Something funky is going on trying to browse, specifically with page TWO of the main conversation feed. It's been happening for at least a week, maybe a bit more. I kinda figured it would resolve itself by now, but it hasn't, so here I am.

If I start at page one, select a thread to read, read it, maybe give a few hearts, then use the back button to go back to page one of the feed, all is well. Same for page three of the main feed. But *every*single*time* I do this on page two of the feed, the back button doesn't send me back to page two of the feed. Instead I get this error:

Screenshot_20190510-120500.png

I have to hit the back button usually 2-3 times (sometimes more) and wind up in the last thread I posted to, from which I can then use the menu to select Conversations again, and get back to page one of the feed, then make my way back to page two. Of course, once I get to page two, I don't want to actually read any threads anymore because it's a bit of a nightmare to navigate back, so I just stop reading.

This does not seem to be a problem on my desktop, only the mobile site (Android, chrome). Clearing cookies miiiight give me one shot at page two working properly, but even if I get one, the second time errors out. I don't want to clear cookies multiple times a day just to read page two. Can you please pass this along to the IT folks?

I've also noticed I'm not receiving notifications.

At first I assumed it was just a slow weekend, but there are threads I subscribe to that have had posts that I'm not getting emails for.

@KatieBT, THANKS, working now!     notifications isn't working, it states I have none!    I see below it

was going on yesterday for others.

Mine seem to be working again? Hope it sticks!!

Notifications seem to be currently down for me. Anyone else having trouble? 

Yes, and it's still continuing today. No notifications on the website (Chrome) and no emails. 

@PrettyPaint same here 

I have gotten emails about private messages but not about being tagged in a post. I'm worried I'm missing something or ignoring someone's question because I don't know about it.

@ShortErica  my notifications haven’t been working today either. 

Same here. Mine have been down since around 11am EST on safari.

Android/Chrome  as well

Happened to me as well. Using Firefox/Windows.

Just came to report this as well. No notifications or emails for me. 

B6356C76-31F1-48A4-87F8-28AB611432E5.png

Same

@KatieBT 

Looks like some of my posts are magically disappearing. I have email notifications of tags but when I click on the link, it takes me to the correct thread but I can’t reply or heart as my whole posts seem to have just vanished.

Is anyone else getting cart reminder emails, but it's for products you haven't looked at and the cart has been empty for awhile? 

@KatieBT At least on Android, Chrome, mobile website, on product pages marking reviews helpful or not doesn't actually take. Been occuring for awhile.

Also on BT, copy/paste isn't working right. Can't select a blank spot to paste, need to highlight an already typed word to get the paste button to popup and stay up. Highlighting any Sephora pages doesn't stick either long enough to grab more than a word to copy. 

Also if I go to edit a BT post, even this, I tap where the cursor should go, but the text scrolls up by itself, rather than staying where the cursor is..everytime..especially if the text is lower in the text box.

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

Notifications seem to be down again. It happened last night sometime between 1017 and 1040pm Central. I received notification of a few hearts overnight, but have found at least two @ tags that weren't on my notification list (nor did I get an email)  and there were three posts to a subscribed thread that weren't on my list either. Hoping someone sees this since tags aren't working...

Also, I would love an update or acknowledgement that someone is working on restoring the empties thread I posted below a few days ago. Thanks!

testing