Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@KatieBT  and @TeamBIC I noticed this yesterday, March 25 as well. Not getting  all email notification for replies to posts or mentions.

Also, some tags arent pulling up even when I know I am spelling the username correctly. Thanks.

@KatieBT I leveled up to Go Getter I (yay, it only took me a year and a half!) but it didn’t show up in my notifications. I just happened it see it had changed it next my username in the posts. Not a huge deal but worth mentioning. 

I’ve also noticed that too. I haven’t gotten a level notification since the rookie levels.

@starsandbucks I didn't get a notification either for leveling. Before notifications did show a level, at least when there were  error notifications and you actually didn't level up.

Side note, the "live chat" area took longer to show the updated level.

Congrats @starsandbucks ! I didn't know we get notifications for leveling up

@RNGesusPls  We used to but it was super buggy. Maybe they turned that feature off all together. 

And thank you!

@starsandbucks I haven’t seen the notification for leveling up for months now. It was cool when it would tell you. 

@RNGesusPls I didn't either, but that would be neat! I never seem to notice. 

@KatieBT I’ve noticed something very strange related to the .com and my last few orders. It’s not exactly BIC related, but I wasn’t sure where else to put it.

once my order ships I am getting the Order Shipped email, as usual. For the past 3 orders, I’ve noticed that if I open this Order Shipped email, I then receive an Order Arrived email (even though the order has only just shipped or in one case was still in transit)

I’m not sure what the site’s process is for triggering an Order Arrived email, but something in that process appears to be broken.

thanks!

The past few days, normally in the morning, I can’t sign in to the desktop site (I use Chrome). I click the sign-in, the page refreshes briefly to my profile page - so it’s recognizing me - and then it kicks me back to the Conversations page without signing me in. It normally doesn’t last all day - today it took about 30 minutes - but it’s been happening more frequently.

@KatieBT 

Something has gone horribly wrong with the Empties thread; all replies are gone and new replies can't be posted. Can you please see about restoring it? Thank you!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Empties/m-p/589003#M53833

(And to go off on a tangent while I'm here and thinking about it, posting community links is still wonky because of the pound sign...it's trying to tag a product, and there's a decent chance that when I post this reply, my link to the Empties thread won't work because the tag mechanism is trying to find a non-existent product instead. Mobile site/Android/Chrome for this complaint, and screenshot below of the error. Edit: this link does work, but only insomuch as to get you to the thread (and since there aren't any posts in that thread, I'm not sure why there's a pound sign in it anyways). Pound signs in links seem to indicate a specific post within a thread, so trying to get folks to a specific post instead of just the overall thread is when the problem occurs.

Screenshot_20190318-162249.png

@RGbrown That is so odd...btw your link worked for me.

Hi all! Can you let me know, as of today, whether you’re getting notifications and email notifications for tags and mentions? I’m specifically asking about tags and mentions made today so please keep an eye out and let me know as the day goes by.

Thank you!!

@KatieBT  Didn’t see this til now. On my phone, either this morning or yesterday morning (I’ve been in insomnia attack mode for the last 2 days so it’s all kind of a blur), the “no notifications” gray box appeared again while I was logged into BIC. From whichever BIC page I was on at the time, I went to my profile page, then navigated back to BIC (Conversations page), and I could see my notifications. 

That’s the only time I’ve had the notifications problem in the last few days. Haven’t had that problem again at all on my tablet, and I’ve been getting all my email notifications again. 

Also: hey, I can see my profile page on my tablet again! (I couldn’t get there for the longest time via iPad, but could via iPhone.) And I noticed all the main .com navigation (inside all the dropdowns) is working again! HOORAY! 🙂

@KatieBT 

Mine are working again, thanks Katie!

Hello! We are working on the issue with notifications within the community as well as looking into email notifications and why those aren't working properly. Hoping our tech partners can identify this issue quickly since it's affecting so many people. 

As always, thank you all for reporting the issues, giving examples + screenshots, and sharing your device and browsers. 

In addition to the occasional disappearing notifications, I’m not receiving all of the @ mention notifications in the feed or emails for all of them. 

Thanks for reporting this @alexasteph we are investigating. 

Running a little test and tagging @LexBT to see if she gets a notification. 

@KatieBT I did get this notification and an email. Yesterday I feel like I stopped getting them in the afternoon after receiving them all morning. 

I also have the "You don't have any notifications" problem like @WinglessOne and others have had. It comes and goes. This is on Chrome desktop  

Also, on the Sephora app for Android, I can only view inbox and outbox of messages, no notifications.

Hi @KatieBT ! UPDATE:  I’m also not getting BIC notification emails anymore, and I’ve always had notifications set to email me immediately after someone mentions me in a post/comment. (Yes, I’ve checked my spam folder. I’ve also logged into my mail server and checked my spam filters to make sure the Sephora domain or the BIC email address didn’t end up on a blacklist.)

This problem is very sporadic. Sometimes I do see a short list of notifications, but when I tap the “show more” button I get the gray box of no-messages sadness. I can’t see a full list of notifications anymore. And I still sporadically get nothing but the no-messages gray box when I tap the bell icon. Still kinda seems like one (or more) load balance server has issues, and what I see depends on which server I happen to hit when I click/tap a link. 

Original post:

At some point this afternoon, all my notifications disappeared. I was logged on around 1 or 2 PM CT today and could see my notifications. Then I checked a few minutes later and *poof* they disappeared. 

I see this on both my iPad and iPhone. :(I see this on both my iPad and iPhone. 😞

I’ve already done the cookie clearing dance on my iPad (log out of Sephora, close all Sephora tabs, close iOS Safari, delete the handful of Sephora and BIC cookies, launch Safari, log back in to Sephora, and visit BIC). It hasn’t helped.

Am I the only one who can’t see notifications anymore? All my messages still appear as usual. I clicked the gear icon in the notifications box to reach some Lithium settings, but didn’t see anything in there that’d cause this problem—and I had never even gone to those settings before, so I can’t have changed something earlier this afternoon to cause this. Hmm. 

9 Replies
testing