Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

Weโ€™re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and canโ€™t find it, please post here. Weโ€™ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (โ€œI clicked here and it did *this*โ€), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the โ€œMy Postsโ€ tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

Itโ€™s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I can't get past page 1 on the main page. I get the same error on my iPad and laptop (safari) I'm signed in too, even though my screenshot says I'm not. Clearing cookies does nothing.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 7.03.37 PM.png

@suzyo @RGbrown we are aware and working on this, thank you for flagging!

@KatieBT 

Ditto this, both full site (win7/Chrome) and mobile site (android/chrome).

https://community.sephora.com/page/2 is the link leading to the error (page/3 errors out too...I haven't tested further, but I kinda assume 4 and on do it as well)

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Seems like the spammers are everywhere on this board today. So annoying ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Volunteer mods may be needed, for when the Team is away, to at least remove spam.

@TrysBeautyItems 

We *are* the volunteers, and that's why we were given the "mark as spam" button. It's glitchy for some reason, and I have to clear cookies from time to time because it just gives out sometimes, but we CAN mark them as spam.

It's best done from the full site (Chrome is what I use on my desktop...can't speak to other browsers), and if you get an error then log out, close BIC, delete cookies, and reopen/log back in. On a good run, I can delete 5 per minute, which is a smidge faster than his 3-4 per minute (unless he gets more than one account up and running at the same time, then I'm always hopelessly behind). It just takes some serious patience (which I am about out of, sadly).  

Ugh this is awful - all I can see on the main thread is the spam ๐Ÿ˜ž

@RGbrown  it won't even let me mark them as spam ๐Ÿ˜ž it keeps giving me an error when  Itry

@RGbrown Different volunteering I was thinking of, rather behind the scenes with some of the tools the mods actually have access too - surely they have a better way than to open post by post to hit a button like we do daily or in this case every second. 

@TrysBeautyItems 

Sadly, I'm thinking their tools aren't any better. I've been watching the post count on the one account still posting, and it goes up and then down and then up again...someone is deleting posts, but it still looks to be one at a time, and sometimes they get ahead, but sometimes they get behind. Meanwhile, mods say they are working on it...but the bot is still going, and still winning for the most part, so the mods don't seem to be doing anything different than we would. 

*ETA: and suddenly, poof, it's (mostly) all gone. I found a few further back on the feed, but have given the account name to CS, so hopefully they can zap that one soon too. ๐Ÿ˜„

@RGbrown Except now their adding pictures 

@GG84 

Dear lord, again? Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :shakes fist at sky:

Eventually it gets taken care of, of course ๐Ÿ™‚ 

With a few more tools implemented, they will help deter the spam scripts and others that won't add to the BIC vibe, nothing will 100% stop anything as new methods emerge. Like you said @RGbrown  finding balance is needed.

Can the mods not block the IP addresses the bots are using from making new profiles? @KatieBT 

@GG84 Blocking IP addresses might slow the bot(s) down, but wonโ€™t stop them. Whoeverโ€™s behind them will just switch proxies and start a new flood. 

I thought Lithium (the forum app for BIC) had a spam prevention tool... itโ€™s been a while since Iโ€™ve done any work with Lithium. And Iโ€™m not sure how effective itโ€™d be. I do know Lithium has options like mod reviews for all new usersโ€™ first posts and (if I recall correctly) character limits on posts. If Sephora admins canโ€™t tweak those options themselves, they could ask Lithium to implement themโ€”especially for new members. Also, they could remove the html option from the Reply to Post form. (Iโ€™m using my phone now and that optionโ€™s unavailable at this breakpoint, apparently. But itโ€™s available at tablet and desktop breakpoints.) And I love the idea of adding a report abuse option to user profile pages. 

Like everyone else, I just wish SOMETHING could be done quickly about this. Now the bots are active during the afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜ก

@WinglessOne 

I am sure there are spam controls available. When Sephora first made the jump from BT to BIC, the spam filter was a bit over the top. Even just editing your own post too many times threw it into spam mode and hid it from the board (I think it post/edit/edit was ok, but if you decided one more tweak was in order, then it disappeared). The other part of the problem though was it didn't seem that any mods were watching the spam list and restoring valid posts (I'm assuming they can do that, but perhaps not...)...they just stayed gone. I guess enough complaints about lost posts were lodged that the filter was pulled completely. They definitely need to find a happy medium here. 

@RGbrown  Yeah, Lithiumโ€™s kind of a pain to admin sometimes, especially when you must rely on the Lithium team for dev support. I assume some anti spam features can be enabled and others disabled... I could swear I had that ability back in the day, and it wasnโ€™t an all or nothing suite. Maybe we paid extra to modify the out-of-box Lithium spam tools suite. Hmm.  

Whatever the case, I hope a few anti spam features can be turned on. The 1st post mod review pool requires mods to, well, review lots of posts, and thatโ€™s a lot of effort. Scripts that automatically delete posts containing spam patterns sometimes catch innocent postsโ€”kinda like the script that runs on product reviewsโ€”so Iโ€™m sure Sephoraโ€™s weighing pros against cons. 

@WinglessOne Have you noticed when on mobile when you reply to a message, before you get to the reply page for a split second there are chinese characters that appear before you are taken to the reply page? 

@GG84 I do! When  I respond to a post or write a message

Thank goodness @bakeamuffin I thought I was going cuckoo lol

@GG84 I use my phone on BIC and the computer and never had the Chinese characters pop up. 

testing