Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@skcfan  I'm wondering if I get that error message because others are marking it as spam at the same time? 

Hi @KatieBT ! For maybe a month now, I haven’t been able to reach my Profile page via my iPad, using either iOS Safari or Firefox. I can see it with Chrome on my iPad, but it shows a very old version (from when my rank was Rookie I). 

Screenshots of mobile Firefox version 15.0 (13894) on my iPad: 

First I cleared all FF cookies, closed and relaunched FF, and successfully logged into sephora.com. This is me on the homepage after opening my profile/account dropdown menu. None of the links in that dropdown work on-click/tap. I also still have this problem with all links in the top nav dropdown menus, except for Shop. (That’s a problem I’ve had for months and have reported here before. 🙂

054A475A-0D1A-4292-8986-9CFD5B24981A.jpeg

Some links, like Profile, work if I “right-click” (tap and hold) them. Others, like Sign Out, don’t work at all because I can’t pop the browser link options menu for them. I use the word “work” very lightly for Profile because that link never resolves properly. 

I also have to do this dance to reach BIC.I also have to do this dance to reach BIC.

The profile page tries to load in a new tab. I get a blank page that reloads a few times before FF gives up and leaves it blank. In this screenshot, the top half is the page initially trying to load. The bottom half shows the end result, after the page has reloaded itself (always blank) a few times. Ignore the BIC tab: I took these screenshots on my second FF attempt, while I had BIC open (after dumping cookies and logging back in). This problem persists whether or not other Sephora or Lithium pages are open. 

This is the 2nd time I tried, hence the BIC tab. First time I hadn’t gone to BIC at all.This is the 2nd time I tried, hence the BIC tab. First time I hadn’t gone to BIC at all.

I thought perhaps tracker protection was the problem, so I disabled it for sephora.com and tried again. But nope, the problem persists. 

1D353FFA-0EC6-4BCE-BE28-875A486A4B37.jpeg

Note that FF doesn’t throw an error message at me. But iOS Safari does, vaguely. My iPad’s on version 12.1.1 of iOS. (I need to upgrade to 12.1.4.)  

Screenshot of iOS Safari, Profile page error message:

Gosh Safari, ya think? :D Last 2 tabs are Sephora homepage and Profile page, such as it is.Gosh Safari, ya think? 😄 Last 2 tabs are Sephora homepage and Profile page, such as it is.

Google Chrome screenshot: 

I have the same nav menu link problem in Chrome as Safari and Firefox. But at least I can reach the Profile page in Chrome, after right-clicking the Profile link on the homepage. Problem is, it shows old info: last BIC post is shows is from July 13, 2018, and my BIC stats are just as old. It does show my most recent purchases and reviews (I think; I haven’t written a product review in a long time). 

0EC09A3F-24FE-4A3F-BD3C-23014ADB5097.jpeg

iPhone and iOS Safari: 

I have no problem reaching my Profile page on my iPhone with iOS Safari. (My phone currently runs v. 12.1.2 of iOS.) Info on my profile page is still out of date, but only by about 2 months, so it shows my current profile photo and background image. Also, the main site nav at smartphone breakpoint seems to behave differently than the tablet breakpoint: it actually works as it should on my phone, so I don’t have to do the right-click dance to reach my profile page or any other Sephora pages. Hooray! 

I don’t like to browse BIC on my phone. I much prefer using my tablet. I haven’t tried any of this on the app because I so rarely use it on my phone. And since the app doesn’t have landscape mode, I never use it on my tablet. I’ll be happier about the tablet nav issues getting fixed than getting profile page access via tablet, honestly. 😂 I just thought I should finally point out the profile page issue, in case anyone else has it. 

The way that menus don't work on the iPad drives me nuts.  It's what I use most of the time when I'm at home.  I have to search for products via the box and open things like community in another tab.  They cannot possibly have done any testing when the changes were made (toward the end of last year, I'd guess) that broke the menus.

I noticed that using the Sephora site on desktop Chrome seems to have the most bugs. When I go to Community > Conversations, my avatar/greeting on the upper right hand side disappears and is replaced with "Hi, Beautiful...Sign in". 

Then I click "Sign in" and the site refreshes, and then one of these 2 outcomes occurs:

1. My avatar/greeting reappears, but the page loads only down to the "Home/Groups/Conversations/Gallery" tabs, then it refreshes again to "Hi, Beautiful...Sign in", then back as the cycle repeats in an infinite loop.

2. The site refreshes and nothing changes.

This only occurs on Chrome. IE and Firefox are fine.

@KatieBT How do I report things in the gallery as spam? I usually am on mobile, if that makes a difference.

Thank You!

edit to add a screenshot:302E1A9E-2308-4E2E-82EB-3EA2BA052148.jpeg

Hi @skcfan,

Thanks for the call out! It looks like this has been removed. If you ever see spam in the Gallery in the future, please feel free to send myself or any other MOD a private message with details, or you may post in the Customer Support group here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/bd-p/Customer_Support

Thank you! 🙂

Best,

Laurie

@LaurieBT Thank you!

@skcfan The only way I can report, via mobile website, is by clicking the gallery picture and hitting report under the username. However, the spam stays active, instead of hiding. If the system determines the picture is allowed (instead of a mod viewing completely), then it's missing the link spam as the description.

@KatieBT 

PM's are getting to be ridiculous, and not the funny ha-ha ridiculous, but the frustrating variety.

I sent one pm today at 8:37pm Central with no issues, it went through on my first try. I then tried to send a second one around 9pm Central. On my first attempt to send, I got the "invalid HTML detected; your post has been corrected" error (the error wording isn't verbatim, but that's the gist...we've all seen it, I'm sure). Tried to hit send again, and got "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later." I finally got it to go through at 9:41pm Central...that's 40 minutes of trying to send it.

Another anecdote: yesterday, I tried to send a PM for over an hour; my first attempt came back with the "bad word" warning (oops, my fault), but then all I got was the "too many messages" error for over an hour. Is that the limit? One an hour? With this attempt yesterday, it had been several hours since I had sent anything, so it felt like the failed first attempt counted against me as hitting my limit, even though it didn't actually go through. Or is the failed attempt to send what's causing the problem? If I don't get an error after I hit send, they seem to go through just fine, even if I send more than one in an hour. Hmmm...

I get that there have been issues with spammers and pm's in the past, but this is just downright crazy...

I'm on Chrome for all activity. Yesterday was a mix of mobile site (android) and full site (Win7). Today was all full site/Win7.

That's been popping up for me for the past three weeks on my laptop too.  @RGbrown .  I end up copying and pasting my message on a Word file, clearing my cookies, and then pasting and sending my message (and sometimes that doesn't even work.)

@KatieBT  within the last week or so I've noticed a new bug when on a brand product page.

If I select a brand from the A-Z list and then choose to see all products, the sort toggle to sort by newest first is no longer working. Whatever I select from the sort options does not re-sort the results.

I am viewing the site on a Mac, using Safari but I've tried it in Chrome as well and it isn't working there either.

Thanks!

Hi @Mochapj  @lachaton  @missjeanie  - thanks for calling out this issue. I will report it to our Sephora.com website team 🙂 

@KatieBT 

A related sort error for me

Desktop (PC), full site, Windows, Chrome

If I:

1. go to the sale section

2. sort by Brand

3. click through an item to the product page

4. click the back button to get me back to the main sale page

THEN...items are no longer sorted by Brand Name, even though the drop down menu says they are. It appears to be defaulting back to a sort by "Relevancy" instead.

I then have to choose another sort option from the drop down before I can sort by brand again.

Sort by "Exclusive" seems to have the same error. I just tested all other options and they seem to work as they should.

Screenshot attached to show that while "Brand" is selected, the sort isn't actually by Brand anymore. This is immediately after steps 1-4 above

sephora sale page.png

Hi Katie, similar issue here - can no longer "sort by" (Top Rated, New, etc.) using Safari on MacOS, and on iOs. It does work correctly in Chrome. 

@KatieBT  I was having the same issue described by Mocha yesterday, except I was in the Sephora app on iOS, tried it in Safari on my iPad. 

The sort function does seem to work on my Windows Desktop in Chrome. 

@KatieBT  I've been having a similar issue where I can't sort by brand name under the sale section.  I just tried sorting by "new" and like @Mochapj , I can't do that on any of the pages either. 

Hey there @KatieBT 👋🏼 Product tagging has been weird for the past couple days. On an iPad, using safari. When I tag a product, the blue highlighted text just continues with what I write after. For example: SEPHORA COLLECTION - Cleansing & Exfoliating Wipes and it just stays blue like the tagged item

Hi @scott1201 ! Thanks for sharing this example. We are working on a fix for this plus other issues in the “reply to post” page. I will share an update when I know more.

I hope they can fix it soon. It’s been so frustrating trying to tag items.

This is new for me; I have to add my password twice because I get an error message that there aren't enough letters, etc. in the password I typed (but I know it's correct.)  My password is also not accepted when I select it from a pulldown menu in my browser instead of manually typing it.  I use Chrome on a laptop.

Hi @Ispend2much6 - do you have screenshots you can share? Are you still seeing this issue?

1 Reply
testing