Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@Ispend2much6 thank you, keep me in the loop 🙂

I haven't had any issues in a while, ever since I stopped the "remember me/keep me signed in" on my Android app. Every once in a while it will give me trouble signing in once I'm in community.sephora.com but the way I found around it is to go to the main sephora page, sign in, right click on the community button and open a new tab. 

@KatieBT I use an iPad and the safari browser. It’s been kicking me off the Sephora website and I have to relog in all in the same day. That’s even before I get to the community area. I have to work so hard to get here! My hearts also disappear a couple minutes after I give them. 

@natalie12 This sounds very frustrating. Can you please let me know the specific posts you have hearted where the heart falls off with a timestamp of when you hearted the post and when it fell off? Does this happen every time you heart a post? Does it happen on other devices or just your iPad? This sounds like a new issue so if anyone else is experiencing this please let me know. 

@KatieBT It’s an ongoing thing for months. It happens pretty much every time. If it sticks then it’ll disappear the next day. I usually use my iPad and sometimes my iPhone but that tends to be more glitchy. Both the hearts would disappear. 

Thank you for your continued help to making this community better!! 

Hi @natalie12 - sorry to hear this! In order to help, we need precisely detailed information. The tech team needs to look into the exact click where the hearting functionality failed to work. 

What I need from you is:

• This is obvious but confirm that you're logged in (if you try to heart something but aren't logged in, nothing will happen and it will appear as if hearting isn't working
  • The exact time (noting the timezone) where the hearting functionality didn't work
  • The exact post you tried to heart 
  • Screenshot of the error message, if any
  • Bonus points: a movie file of this not working 

You can email community@sephora.com to send the screenshot, .mov or GIF file 🙂 

@KatieBT ok, will do. Thank you!

@KatieBT this happens to me sometimes! It won’t let me heart anything until I log out and log back in again, or refresh the page a couple of times. I find this only happens when I use Safari on my iPhone. I can’t actually Access the community from a desktop computer. When I log in, it shows my points and name and everything. But when I click on the community tab, I’m logged out automatically and it brings me back to the US site (I’m in Canada). If I log back in from the community page, I’m automatically redirected to the home page, and the same logging out thing happens when I click on the community tab. My desktop computer is an HP pro and I’m using Google Chrome as the browser. I appreciate everyone looking into the glitches! 

@cianni do you get an error message when you try to heart things? This sounds like it could be related to your sign on issues. 

Speaking of sign-on issues, have you cleared your cookies recently? Please give that a try and let me know if you're still having sign-on issues. 

Hi BIC, 

I wanted to let you know that we have been buzzing away behind the scenes to fix a bunch of bugs you have all reported and others we have also flagged. Sending a massive THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to report these.

A common issue with these bugs is they can be difficult to reproduce, meaning you may run into the issue every once in a while but not consistently every time you take a certain action in BIC. When it's hard for our tech partners to see the bug, it's difficult to fix. To (hopefully) get around this we've worked with our tech partners on a better way of reporting issues whenever they do arise. 

If you are experiencing an issue and would like to report it, please let us know the following: 

1. Which device you're using (laptop, iPad, Android phone, etc.)

2. Which browser you're using (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.)/If you're on the Sephora App

3. What time you're experiencing the issue (please include time zone) 

4. Screenshots of the error, if applicable 

5. If you're having any issues tagging someone, hearting a specific post, etc. please share the user or exact post

If you're having trouble @ mentioning another user, giving a heart (but able to reply) and seeing incorrect rank up notifications please comment on this thread and let us know as much detail as you can. If there are other issues in Conversations that I missed, outside of issues when commenting in the "reply to post" box, please let me know! 

Also, if you're having issues with screenshots or want to send a video of the error, please feel free to report your feedback to our team's email domain: Community@sephora.com

If you read all of this, thank you! We truly appreciate your help and patience as we fix these issues. 

Thanks @KatieBT

Thank you @KatieBT and BIC IT staff!

Thank you @KatieBT for all the efforts you all are putting to fix the bugs. After driving me crazy for a long time where I couldn’t sign in on BIC for days at a time, it is running pretty smoothly for me lately. I hope it continues to run this way.

Thanks @KatieBT, I think the email address is very helpful! We appreciate you and everyone BTS at Sephora!

I can't heart anything this morning 😞 It just keeps saying action cannot be completed. Sometimes it happens once and a while on random posts but this morning I can't heart any post 

Having terrible problems with the A Haunting we will go (Halloween exchange) thread. Just about every time I go there, the page displays for about 10 seconds, then the screen goes blank and this message appears. Making it very difficult to participate for me. I then have to reload the page and sometimes it stays and sometimes it disappears and this message is displayed. I am on my desktop using  Firefox.

ETA- I got this same error message the first 2 times I tried to edit this post. It seems to be more than just the Exchange post when this happens to me.

error.JPG

@KatieBT. Now, I'm unable to even reply to members posts!! What is going on?!? I thought things were getting a little better,  but it's much worse starting 9/29/18!! When I start to post, I lose my post or it comes up "cannot do this request"!! Please help!!

@yankeefaithful this sounds very frustrating. Can you explain what you mean when you say you will start to type and lose your post?

In order to help we need a lot of information so that we can explain exactly what happening to our tech partners. They also need to know your device (iPhone, desktop, Android, etc.), if you're on the app, your browser (Firefox, Chrome), etc. They need all this information to understand and attempt to reproduce the issue you're experiencing. 

Screenshots are very helpful! Please send all this information to community@sephora.com. 

Is anyone else having issues posting or hearting? Of course, be sure you're signed in before reporting anything and refresh your cookies if it's been a while! If you do this and still see issues there may be a larger issue we need to investigate. 

@KatieBT  My mobile is Android and I'm using Chrome. Not on app. I saw earlier post by @RGbrown that she had trouble giving hearts. 

Not losing post while typing, but after , when trying to post. When I finished typing and press post to upload, it goes to thread and doesn't upload my post. I lose everything. 

I have refreshed cookies and always signed on. There's no consistency!

@KatieBT  I know others have reported this problem but I've just started today on mobile. I can't heart anyone!! I've had this problem on desktop,  but not mobile. I've had problems for awhile trying to post pics. There's no consistency in how to post anything or tag anyone!! Thanks for any help!!

@yankeefaithful you're on mobile web or the mobile app? If mweb, which browser are you using?

Also are you unable to give hearts but able to comment within the same small window of time? I know that you can try to heart something and it will not prompt you to log in but if you try to reply to a post and aren't logged in you will be prompted to log in.  

testing