Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@yankeefaithful you're on mobile web or the mobile app? If mweb, which browser are you using?

Also are you unable to give hearts but able to comment within the same small window of time? I know that you can try to heart something and it will not prompt you to log in but if you try to reply to a post and aren't logged in you will be prompted to log in.  

@KatieBT  I've been unable to heart posts on mobile and on my desktop. The mobile has been sporadic,  being able to heart on one thread but not on another. Not being able to respond is just on mobile,  which is Google. That too is sporadic and gives me response "not able to do requested application" or "too large application requested ". Have never received this on laptop, which is Google. Thanks for your help!!

@KatieBT I've been having this issue for a while: when I get tagged as "GreenEyedGirl107" I don't receive an e-mail.  Technically, my username is lowercase ("greeneyedgirl107") - does that make a difference?

@greeneyedgirl107 @KatieBT @snoflakefaerie I have noticed a problem fo a whole now with tagging on iPad safari browser. If you tag someone and add a punctuation character immediately after, it deletes the last character of the tag and deletes the tag. I’m assuming that if you manually add the last character back in, it tags correctly, but it doesn’t show underline as a normal tag formatting does. I could understand if that’s happening when people are tagging you and it deletes the 7.  I will notice with some names I know but might miss/not notice a trailing number if it gets deleted. Hope they can fix that!

@greeneyedgirl107 I have noticed that when people are trying you tag you, they are actually tagging a different user named GreenEyedGirl10. I think because her name is the exact same as you until you add the 7, the system is automatically tagging her, then people type the 7, but it's already tagged her first. I'm not sure that the tech team can fix anything, aside from maybe tweaking the algorithm that pre-populates names not suggest screen names of people who have never posted. @KatieBT

@snoflakefaerie Interesting!  I guess I was just looking at the capitalization and not the number!  Thanks for the heads-up 🙂  I also agree that the pre-populated names should be tweaked b/c when I have tried to type in BICers who post a lot for tags, many names come up and it does get confusing.  That happened to me just yesterday.

Image result for snowflake fairy

@greeneyedgirl107 we are investigating, thanks for flagging!

THANKS @KatieBT 🙂

@KatieBT I recently noticed that I was tagged in lowercase and still didn't get an e-mail notification.  Usually I get the ones that are lowercase, as the uppercase have historically been a problem.  IDK what to make of it.

Do you get notifications on BIC all the time but are only seeing some on email? Want to make sure I understand 100%. Any screenshots would be great appreciated!

@KatieBT I generally don't check the bell on BIC that lists "notifications" for when I'm tagged.  I rely on e-mail; I have the preference checked for immediate e-mail notifications when I'm tagged in posts, which I believe is the default.

@greeneyedgirl107

I also don't receive notifications all the time, it's weird.

@GG84 I'm sorry that's happening to you, too.  When someone tags me in a post, I like to be able to read it since they took the time.  Hopefully it'll improved - I know this is still a work in progress.

@KatieBTUnidentified

The complete inability to heart posts has finally struck on my end. I can post and browse and have no issues staying logged in...I just can't heart anything. It started on my desktop earlier today, but I was able to heart via the mobile site all afternoon... but now even that has gone *poof*. All I get is this instead:

Screenshot_20180928-222402.png

Win7, Chrome, full site

And

Android, Chrome, mobile site

ETA: as of an hour later, I can heart again via my phone, so it's either fixed or intermittent. Haven't tested my desktop though. 

@KatieBT and it's so weird how when I'm using the app on my phone, I ALWAYS  run into the annoying issue that I can see in your post, @RGbrown (example below):

"@KatieBTUnidentified"

...whenever I tag someone.  I don't get it.

Okay, weirdly, this is only happening on certain threads. In the last five minutes, I was unable to like any comments in the Pumpkin/Spice/Fall thread, but I'm able to like comments in the 100 Days of Lipstick thread and a couple of other threads. I then went back to the original thread where I was having problems, and it's not working. 

The same thing happened to me in my own thread (Ghosts & Goblins...) Smiley Sad but I closed my browser, logged back in, found the thread and voilà....it was only short lived because it started acting up again, in the same thread after a couple hearts @txcatx Smiley Indifferent 

I've been getting this same issue with hearting on iPhone, too, but only this afternoon. Seems to be working at the moment.

So not technically a problem with the community but is anyone else having a problem viewing product pages on a computer? Every time I open a product page a big loading white box appears over half the product description. 

This happens to me as well. It stays put unless I click on the photo of the product that is partially blocked by the white box. After that the photo will load and I can close the box. (For reference, I'm on an iPad)

@playingdressup thank you for that tip!!! that fixes it for me on a computer as well! 

testing