Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hi BIC, 

I wanted to let you know that we have been buzzing away behind the scenes to fix a bunch of bugs you have all reported and others we have also flagged. Sending a massive THANK YOU to everyone who has taken the time to report these.

A common issue with these bugs is they can be difficult to reproduce, meaning you may run into the issue every once in a while but not consistently every time you take a certain action in BIC. When it's hard for our tech partners to see the bug, it's difficult to fix. To (hopefully) get around this we've worked with our tech partners on a better way of reporting issues whenever they do arise. 

If you are experiencing an issue and would like to report it, please let us know the following: 

1. Which device you're using (laptop, iPad, Android phone, etc.)

2. Which browser you're using (IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc.)/If you're on the Sephora App

3. What time you're experiencing the issue (please include time zone) 

4. Screenshots of the error, if applicable 

5. If you're having any issues tagging someone, hearting a specific post, etc. please share the user or exact post

If you're having trouble @ mentioning another user, giving a heart (but able to reply) and seeing incorrect rank up notifications please comment on this thread and let us know as much detail as you can. If there are other issues in Conversations that I missed, outside of issues when commenting in the "reply to post" box, please let me know! 

Also, if you're having issues with screenshots or want to send a video of the error, please feel free to report your feedback to our team's email domain: Community@sephora.com

If you read all of this, thank you! We truly appreciate your help and patience as we fix these issues. 

Thanks @KatieBT

Thank you @KatieBT and BIC IT staff!

Thank you @KatieBT for all the efforts you all are putting to fix the bugs. After driving me crazy for a long time where I couldn’t sign in on BIC for days at a time, it is running pretty smoothly for me lately. I hope it continues to run this way.

Thanks @KatieBT, I think the email address is very helpful! We appreciate you and everyone BTS at Sephora!

I can't heart anything this morning 😞 It just keeps saying action cannot be completed. Sometimes it happens once and a while on random posts but this morning I can't heart any post 

Having terrible problems with the A Haunting we will go (Halloween exchange) thread. Just about every time I go there, the page displays for about 10 seconds, then the screen goes blank and this message appears. Making it very difficult to participate for me. I then have to reload the page and sometimes it stays and sometimes it disappears and this message is displayed. I am on my desktop using  Firefox.

ETA- I got this same error message the first 2 times I tried to edit this post. It seems to be more than just the Exchange post when this happens to me.

error.JPG

@KatieBT. Now, I'm unable to even reply to members posts!! What is going on?!? I thought things were getting a little better,  but it's much worse starting 9/29/18!! When I start to post, I lose my post or it comes up "cannot do this request"!! Please help!!

@yankeefaithful this sounds very frustrating. Can you explain what you mean when you say you will start to type and lose your post?

In order to help we need a lot of information so that we can explain exactly what happening to our tech partners. They also need to know your device (iPhone, desktop, Android, etc.), if you're on the app, your browser (Firefox, Chrome), etc. They need all this information to understand and attempt to reproduce the issue you're experiencing. 

Screenshots are very helpful! Please send all this information to community@sephora.com. 

Is anyone else having issues posting or hearting? Of course, be sure you're signed in before reporting anything and refresh your cookies if it's been a while! If you do this and still see issues there may be a larger issue we need to investigate. 

@KatieBT  My mobile is Android and I'm using Chrome. Not on app. I saw earlier post by @RGbrown that she had trouble giving hearts. 

Not losing post while typing, but after , when trying to post. When I finished typing and press post to upload, it goes to thread and doesn't upload my post. I lose everything. 

I have refreshed cookies and always signed on. There's no consistency!

@KatieBT  I know others have reported this problem but I've just started today on mobile. I can't heart anyone!! I've had this problem on desktop,  but not mobile. I've had problems for awhile trying to post pics. There's no consistency in how to post anything or tag anyone!! Thanks for any help!!

@yankeefaithful you're on mobile web or the mobile app? If mweb, which browser are you using?

Also are you unable to give hearts but able to comment within the same small window of time? I know that you can try to heart something and it will not prompt you to log in but if you try to reply to a post and aren't logged in you will be prompted to log in.  

@KatieBT  I've been unable to heart posts on mobile and on my desktop. The mobile has been sporadic,  being able to heart on one thread but not on another. Not being able to respond is just on mobile,  which is Google. That too is sporadic and gives me response "not able to do requested application" or "too large application requested ". Have never received this on laptop, which is Google. Thanks for your help!!

@KatieBT I've been having this issue for a while: when I get tagged as "GreenEyedGirl107" I don't receive an e-mail.  Technically, my username is lowercase ("greeneyedgirl107") - does that make a difference?

@greeneyedgirl107 @KatieBT @snoflakefaerie I have noticed a problem fo a whole now with tagging on iPad safari browser. If you tag someone and add a punctuation character immediately after, it deletes the last character of the tag and deletes the tag. I’m assuming that if you manually add the last character back in, it tags correctly, but it doesn’t show underline as a normal tag formatting does. I could understand if that’s happening when people are tagging you and it deletes the 7.  I will notice with some names I know but might miss/not notice a trailing number if it gets deleted. Hope they can fix that!

@greeneyedgirl107 I have noticed that when people are trying you tag you, they are actually tagging a different user named GreenEyedGirl10. I think because her name is the exact same as you until you add the 7, the system is automatically tagging her, then people type the 7, but it's already tagged her first. I'm not sure that the tech team can fix anything, aside from maybe tweaking the algorithm that pre-populates names not suggest screen names of people who have never posted. @KatieBT

@snoflakefaerie Interesting!  I guess I was just looking at the capitalization and not the number!  Thanks for the heads-up 🙂  I also agree that the pre-populated names should be tweaked b/c when I have tried to type in BICers who post a lot for tags, many names come up and it does get confusing.  That happened to me just yesterday.

Image result for snowflake fairy

@greeneyedgirl107 we are investigating, thanks for flagging!

THANKS @KatieBT 🙂

@KatieBT I recently noticed that I was tagged in lowercase and still didn't get an e-mail notification.  Usually I get the ones that are lowercase, as the uppercase have historically been a problem.  IDK what to make of it.

Do you get notifications on BIC all the time but are only seeing some on email? Want to make sure I understand 100%. Any screenshots would be great appreciated!

1 Reply
testing