Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Is anyone having issues while posting? If I have images and press enter the image gets deleted. Also if I have images the typing slows down A LOT, like a character every 2/3 seconds when I'm definitely typing faster then that. @KatieBT

Yes, @Aaliaa! It’s torturous! 

I've also noticed the slow typing after posting images, @Aaliaa @KatieBT

@KatieBT

The "unidentified" is driving me up the wall. I CAN get it to go away by tabbing to a new line but the point is, I shouldn't have to. It looks like it's only an Android thing based on the people reporting it all mentioning Android and not Apple. 

I'm having this same problem whenever I type a space after a tag. If I don't put a space (like if I go back and insert the cursor at the beginning after writing my message) it adds an @ to the end as well. Chrome incognito window on Android 8.1.0

@KatieBT

@KatieBT  is there a max for the love list? Ever since the switch over to the new format it sucks! Not only did we loose the grid view but the love list never loads properly, it's difficult to remove things from it, I can't see all of it and now I can't seem to add new products without removing some.  Why was it changed? Why did they change something that wasn't broken in the first place. I used to love the old version. This one is a hot mess! I would love to get some answers. It's not the first time I've asked about it... and I know others have asked too. Thx!

I despise the new likes system with every fiber of my being.  The photos are smaller, the sorting doesn't work (alphabetical is the worst transgressor.  I often find F's and S's at the top of my list).  If you unlike something, it resets the entire query back to the default and you have to dig back through to find your place.  There are other reasons; but I'll stop there.

Mostly though I have found that I shop at sephora online about 70% less than I used to because of this.  It was my main way to organize my intended purchases.  I now feel dread whenever I click on that heart.

@veronika23Yes!! Answers please. I get my carpel tunnel flares up trying to go through the list.

@Samtian  it's a pita isn't it!  Why did they have to change something that was obviously not broken.

As requested the message I receive after I'm trying to send a PM and it doesn't go through. For reference I'm on a MacBook and using Safari. @KatieBT @TayBT

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 3.24.18 PM.png

@KatieBTUnidentified new issue with tagging. After tagging, using the autocomplete, then a space, I'm getting 'Unidentified' automatically added and won't remove. Chrome on Android.

Another new problem is that when I post a link to a new product the preview image will appear when I'm writing the comment but disappears once the comment is posted. @KatieBT

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 7.34.31 AM.png

https://www.sephora.com/product/lash-liner-liquid-inner-eyeliner-P433896

see no preview image

@KatieBTUnidentifiedThis is happening now. Unidentified is popping up and I can't tag and then type because it comes up and then I have to space down and then go back to delete Unidentified . Weird!! Also when scrolling through Conversations,  I can't touch on most recent comment and go to that post. That just started today too. Thanks for any help.😕

@KatieBT

This is happening to me as well, mobile site, android, chrome

(it's NOT happening to me on full site, win7, chrome)

When it happens, I can't delete the "unidentified" either...well, technically I can, except it comes right back as soon as I hit enter or the space bar.

I'm having the same issue with Unidentified coming up after I try to hit a name from the drop down list that populates when I hit the @ sign. Unfortunately, I can't delete the Unidentified at all. I'm using chrome to browse on my Android.

I think it would be great if there was a way to see what reviews had helpful votes on them from your reviews page.

I am finally able to tag and add pictures! Thank you @KatieBT and the team! I'm not sure if others are having problems still but I am using Firefox from a desktop and it's all working now. I was "kicked out" of BIC and when I logged back in it was working. So if it's not working for you guys try logging out and signing back in. THANK YOU TEAM! 🖤

@PinkEvergreen@scott1201@TraceyEB@itsfi@TrysBeautyItems@alexasteph@suzyo@yankeefaithful

All working now for me, too!! Thanks, @KatieBT and @veronika23 and all those who detailed their experiences.

One thing that still doesn't work is from the main feed I can't click on the comments to see them in the thread. I can only click them if it says read more.  So usually I can just click the comment and it will bring me to it inside the thread but it's not working at the moment. Thanks!  @KatieBT

@veronika23 Yay, me too!! 

Thanks for starting the thread, @scott1201 😊

And here’s a random photo just because I can now lol...

938A9021-C5ED-4080-8FF5-61242299057C.jpeg

It’s the Sephora Face Mask Applicator. So cheap but sooo good! Totally recommend!

I’ve had this on my loves list since It first appeared on the site!

testing