Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Does manually tagging someone actually work? It doesn’t hyperlink it when I do it. Let me know if it notifies you of this tag: @suzyo

@PinkEvergreen, yup! I got this notification 🙂

@suzyo Yay!! 😄 All is not lost lol...

Having the same problem!! What has happened!! I had been able to sign in, at least on mobile,  but can't add pictures or tag anyone!!  Trying to post is again a pain!! Please help!! Thanks @scott1201 for getting it started!!😒

Since I can’t tag you, I’ll just reply with “I feel your pain!!” 😊

Having the exact same issue. I also can't tag anyone!  I'm on a laptop and tried with both Firefox and Chrome.  The comment box for replies looks different too... not sure if that is part of the problem... it looks like they changed it somehow and it created all these issues.

ETA: From the main feed I can't click on comments to see them in the thread. I can only click them if it says read more.  Usually I can just click the comment and it will bring me to it inside the thread... yeah that doesn't work anymore.

I’m on iPhone and was having zero issues until about 36 hours ago. Now all sorts of things are broken/not working. 

Hi all - I wanted to share an update that we've identified a fix for the sign on issue. The fix will take some time to implement but should be fully fixed by the end of May. We appreciate your patience and help with identifying the issue.  

Thanks -- this is the first time I could post in a long time!

@KatieBT Hello there.  It's late May, and I'm still having difficulty logging on.  Any insight into when the problem may be fixed?  Thanks!

@greeneyedgirl107 we're trying to get to the bottom of this. So sorry for the continued login frustration 😞 We feel your pain too and are working to get a solve. Hoping to share a date soon! 

Thanks for answering, @KatieBT!  I'm just glad to hear that it isn't just me that is still having the problem!  🙂

Thank you for the update!

Good to know!  I think a number of folks have gone on an unintentional hiatus because of the difficulties signing in.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much @KatieBT 🙂

oh thank the gods!!

I'm looking forward to it!  @KatieBT

Hey @KatieBT, is there an update on the sign-in posting issues? It seems to have gotten worse for me in the last week.

Co-signed! It'd be great to hear if there is a fix in the works. 

What is the basis for not allowing us the freedom to edit and/or delete our own posts? Obviously the technology exists; most sites with++

similarly formatted boards allow posters this simple option. Is there a logical rationale behind Sephora's choice of forcing posters to participate in this beureaucratic jump through-hoops process involving the necessity of having to approach an 'authoritative' Mod with what may not be but certainly feels on some WHACKED-out level like a "Mother-May-I" dynamic with a power-play undercurrent? "I will hereby grant your wish to delete your post, but only I retain the ability, right, and means to execute such action." Doesn't make sense. Please enlighten.

Re: What is the basis for not allowing us the freedom to edit and/or delete our own posts? Obviously the technology exists; most sites with++

Intro. to post AWOL/MIA::

What is the basis for not allowing us to edit/delete our own posts? It's not as if the technology doesn't exist, and it doesn't infringe on anyone ELSES right to free speech; we should have the right to the command of our own. Usually it's just to edit--adding more specific info re. a product for better or worse after time has passed; sometimes we accidentally post on a completely non-relevant board, etc. 

9 Replies
testing