Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hi, @KatieBT. I've been having some problems with the website.

I have not been able to consistently heart post/threads for the past four days. The site has only let me give out a handful of hearts. Every other time I try to heart something, I receive this error message: "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."

An example from the Fall-Winter & Holiday 2017 Releases thread. The same thing happens everywhere.An example from the Fall-Winter & Holiday 2017 Releases thread. The same thing happens everywhere.

This is very frustrating because I'm used to giving out hearts like candy.

I also keep getting this error message (413 Request Entity Too Large) when browsing BIC. It mostly happens when trying to view or reply to the Ghost thread. 

Taken 10/25/17. Happened again earlier today.Taken 10/25/17. Happened again earlier today.

I also receive constant 400 Bad Request pages when trying to browse the Sephora website. 

Taken 10.25.17. Happened again earlier today.Taken 10.25.17. Happened again earlier today.

I have tried clearing my cache/cookies numerous times and it does not help. Is there anything that you can do on your end?

ETA: My browser is Chome and I use a PC laptop. 

Update 10/29: Was able to heart some posts in the Beauty Pet Peeves 2 thread and the Active Promo Codes #18 thread. Still, cannot do anything in the Ghost thread. All of the error messages above are still a problem. 

Update: 10/30: Still not able to heart anything or even click anything in the Ghost thread without receiving some kind of error message. Was able to heart two posts in The Llama Thread, but get the error message above everywhere else.

This is getting extremely ridiculous. 

Now, I'm getting the 413 Request Entity Too Large error message when trying to view The Llama Thread again...

The Llama Thread. Taken 10/30/17.The Llama Thread. Taken 10/30/17.

I will try clearing my cache/cookies again, but I already know that it isn't going to do anything... 😞

Update 10/31: It has been a week since I first posted this and nothing has changed. I can only heart a few posts in certain threads and I keep receiving error messages everywhere else. 

Update 11/1: We're now into the month of November and I am still having all of these problems

@KatieBT  I'm also still having issues with the website...  I keep getting that same Bad Request message as posted above. It makes it hard to browse the site for shopping and updating the community on new products.  It is beyond frustrating! Especially now with the sale.

same thing has been happening to me too!

@lmi82 we're working on these issues! 

I've noticed that I'm only getting half the emails for tags... I just happen to stumble on some of them 😞

@KatieBT

@veronika23 are your notifications in the community also inconsistent? 

@KatieBT  TBH I don't pay that much attention to them... but looking real quick some could be missing.  I think the red dot (telling me there's something new) hasn't been showing much but I know I've been tagged so I guess yeah there are some problems. I also often can't access the profile page. Thanks.

I can't seem to heart posts since yesterday. Keep getting a message saying my action cannot be completed.

is it possible to create a new group in the Sephora app? I’m interested in a group for Gluten-Free makeup, for fellow celiacs and gluten free makeup lovers.

I was recently diagnosed as celiac, meaning bye-bye gluten, bye-bye to all my favorite bready foods and beverages; but worst of all, bye-bye to all my favorite lip products. I’m currently rebuilding my makeup collection to be gluten-free. I know there are plenty of gluten-free makeup lovers out there and I was wondering if we could create a group to ease the challenge of finding gluten-free products. Especially for those of us new to the game.

@AnaBanana095 You can start a new thread in the Ingredient Sticklers group. I think that would be a good place to start. Who knows, if it catches on people will see a need for a separate group 🙂

That’s a great idea! Thank you 😊

Not sure if this should be posted here or elsewhere @KatieBT @candacebt but some of the US Secret Santa threads appear to be missing (the 2015 and 2016 ones specifically).

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I'm unable to fully read posts on the app because "read more" doesn't work. It seems others are having this problem as well. This makes accessing the community almost pointless from my phone since I can't read conversations anyway. Any word on fixing this issue?

Same here. I use the app on iPhone.

Can we be able to see how many hearts we have in the app? Also can we have the automatic name when @ someone?

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@KNC24 I hate the app, so I use the mobile site when I'm on the go and you can @mention people and view your stats there. You have 516 hearts if you were wondering 🙂

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thanks for updating me about my hearts @suzyo. I'm starting not like the app as much since I know there are better features with the mobile site. 

[s]The live chat icon has never showed for me on the Community pages until today, and now it's every-freaking-where. Can you please get rid of it? On mobile, it's in the way of scrolling with my right hand and I keep clicking it by accident. I'm already in the Community...I don't need live chat too[/s]

EDIT: it's gone. Thank you!

Screenshot_20171013-123712.png

Screenshot_20171013-123837.png

Update time 🙂 

Good news: We added Customer Support back to groups.

Not so good news: Customer Support posts are now showing up on the main feed again. 

We're on top of it and hope to get these posts off the main feed again, thanks for your patience!

@KatieBT

Notifications are down again. My last notification for posts to the Ulta GWP thread came at 1039am central, but there was another post at 1105am central that did not show up in my notifications.

I can't seem to upload pics right now either, or else I'd post the screenshots. The little scrolly bar just spins and spins, but the pic never finishes loading.

EDIT: notifications are back as of sometime around 5pm central.

This happened to me over the weekend! I got no notifications and I opened the website this morning and it was like oh hey girl here all your notifications lol 

testing