Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

When I browse topics and click on a thread then go back the page scrolls back to the top. I have to scroll back down to see where I was. Is there a way for it to stop jumping to the top of the page? Also what is up with the keyboard?! It makes it difficult to use via mobile. I can't find the comma and the space button is way too small. Is it an iPhone thing? I don't have this issue on any other app.

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

So are the Q&A pages for each product coming back when the reviews come back, or are they gone for good? For the most part, the Q&A sections are actually useful for me and a lot more user friendly (and substantially less annoying) than asking questions in the new "live chat."

Is there an easier way to see my bookmarked conversations rather than having to go into my notifications: settings: bookmarks? It would be great if they were on the left side navigation on the main Conversations screen under Most Recent/Popular...

These huge blocks to text are challenging to read-perhaps an option to hit the return key and start an additional paragraph would help. [Meanwhile-I cannot seem to find the comma or question mark key...]

@KatieBT I know you all have to prioritize your bug fixes but I'm pretty much a mobile app user only - there must be a bunch of us out there! Is there anyway to prioritize being taken back to the beginning of the board every time you hit the back button and the unpredictable scrolling in mobile. [ugh sorry suddenly I don't have a question mark OR parentheses in my keyboard - but only when I use this app - or I would have ended that question with one.] I don't know if those issues are specific to the mobile app - I think scrolling is - but they're the two biggest points that keep me participating in BIC. They just make the space nearly unusable for me. I really want to come back! Thxk!

Hi all! I have some updates for you today which are also saved to the thread body. 

• Live Community Chat is here! Visit the FAQs to learn how it works: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Live-Community-Chat-FAQs/m-p/2928751
  • Q&A has been removed from product pages.
  • Reviews are temporarily down and will be back up tomorrow, 8/24.
  • We are seeing that many of you have received notifications about your rank changing. The ranks will (still) be changing soon but that was a glitch that does not necessarily reflect the actual rank changes.

Thank you!
Katie

Reviews and Q&A have disappeared from product's pages too. I thought it was a problem on profiles only because of BIC glitches. This is quite serious.

I've had review issues forever though so I don't even bother. I use Safari and for some reason the platform doesn't like Safari. I wish I could leave a review, but I'm not going to use a different browser just for one thing. Sephora needs to figure out how to make it compatible with all browsers, or whoever the web host is does. 

RE: Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

You can stil type a review on the app but it blocks you from submitting it. Also still no commas on the app lol

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@Madeline7 Can you at least see the reviews for a product on app?

Yep!

That's a good sign, it means they didn't erase all reviews forever 😄 There's hope...

It looks like reviews are gone again 😕  I've tried Chrome and Safari.

I'm seeing weirdness with spending status on the conversation feed. I could have sworn this was fixed at some point before, but maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention to realize there was a difference in original posts vs replies.

In this screenshot, the op of the first thread shows as Rouge. But if you look at the second thread, elleelleg shows as Insider, even though she's Rouge as well. So it looks like original posts show the correct status but replies don't, at least in the main feed? (When I click through to Elle's post, her correct Rouge status shows up...it's just on the Conversation Feed where her status is incorrect)Screenshot_20170823-124541.png

@RGbrown I noticed this last week, it appears to only show everyone on the front page as Insiders, but when you click into the thread, all the spending-statuses are correct. It seems like a strange glitch, but a glitch nonetheless.

@NotCrocker

Yeah, had noticed it a while back too, but I could have sworn it was fixed at some point...I swear I remember seeing VIB and Rouge showing up on the convo feed... but now it seems half fixed, where original posts show correctly but replies don't. So weird. One step forward, two steps back lol.

@RGbrown I have definitely zoomed my browser in a few times to double check. I remember thinking, "WTF" thinking that @veronika23 (my gauge for all movement in BIC) had dropped from Rouge. 

I still personally would really like to see the OP and posting date in the threads on the main page. Please please please make that happen. 

100% this. I hate that if something has a reply to it, you can't tell who posted the original thread or when. It makes it incredibly frustrating when you can't tell if one person just posted the same thing multiple times, or if someone replied to an incredibly old thread.

I agree with both of you ladies!  Hope this is something that will change.  I wish the date was more visible so old irrelevant threads wouldn't keep popping back up. Or maybe have those archived? I thought that was the plan originally?

I just noticed my reviews are missing from my profile page and is now showing 0?? I had 27 in total, and just curious why they are gone. Is this a glitch or due to updates that are happening?

@KatieBT

3 Replies
testing