Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@k617 I truly don't think they care about what those of us who were active on the old BT want and have lost. They want these 13 year olds with their snark turning this place into another Reddit. Well congrats to them; they achieved it.

@RGbrown Thank you for this post. I wish I could give it 1000 hearts!

@Beadshopgirl  I wish I could reply to your post above but that hasn't been fixed yet... been a month now??? Heck the Sephora site hasn't been fixed and we are going into fall... it launched in the spring.  I don't understand what's taking so long TBH... How can a billion dollar company not have a handle on these things? @CalvinMcDonald   what are you doing about this? I thought you wanted to be on the cutting edge of technology? Was I wrong in my assumptions?  Organization and communication is another major problem at Sephora. What is being done about those issues?  I think most of us are upset because we do love shopping at Sephora and we do love the community or what it was anyways, and would like to see it improve. We all want this to be successful. If we didn't care we wouldn't comment and just go shop at Ulta.

Extremely well said! I'm sure it must be tiresome for moderators to see the same type of "my samples are missing, my points are missing, I didn't get XYZ in my order, can I combine my account, can I add points from my receipt" type of posts all the time but it's been feeling like this forum is a customer service forum rather than a makeup lover forum. If there's at least one thing that I wish could be done is that CS threads not get posted on the main page.

@RGbrown

clap3.gif

I agree with what you said. Thank you so much for writing this post! It's not fun anymore... it's frustrating. Actually lots of things have been frustrating lately and it's making me question if I want to keep being a part of the community...or what's left of it anyways. I miss BT so much 😞

@veronika23 I miss BT too!!!

@RGbrown I agree with so much of what you said. I don't come on half as much as I used to. It could be because I'm so much more busy than I was and timing is just a coincidence. Yet even though I have a lot less free time, I still find myself wanting to check BT but feeling annoyed that the layout is so hard to navigate on my phone and on the app. I'm uninstalling the app since it barely works anymore. I also haven't been interested in ordering or keeping up with the promos or rewards. I think a huge part of my spending and love of makeup was related to this community and the recommendation of you guys. My last order prior to yesterday was over a month ago!!! Hopefully this place feels like home again and we can return to some level of comfort. 

I agree generally with everything you just said, @RGbrown, and I very specifically agree with feeling a loss of community. I'm not sure how much of that is design-related and how much of it is an influx of hapless newbies as a result of Sephora promoting BIC more. I'm hopeful that getting CS off the main feed will be a good start, so that the fun and engaging topics don't get pushed off the front page in a matter of minutes. Whenever I come on BIC now I do make sure to spend time browsing through the pages looking for worthwhile threads, but I feel like even ignoring the CS "where are my samples" posts, most of us longtimers are spending more of our time and energy redirecting people to more useful active threads and answering one-off questions than we do having fun chatting with each other (the exception being, ironically, this thread). 

All this to say, I wasn't around whenever BT was last revamped, and I am remaining stubbornly optimistic that these are just growing pains and that when the dust settles, things will be as fun and truly community oriented as they were before. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for the mods as it is for us -- maybe even more so, because presumably most of this is out of their control and they're just the middlemen, and Candace in particular has been invested in the community for years! The idea of the community quietly suffocating to death makes me really sad, because I've made some incredibly dear friends here and I want others to have the same opportunity! 

I don't know if it's too late for feedback, but I have a couple of suggestions.

1. We should never see customer support questions on the main page.  Customer support questions should be confined since most of us don't have the answers people are looking for (like how to change their birthdays on their accounts) and we're not authorized sephora CS representatives. 

2. There should be some kind of limit on how many new threads a person is allowed to create which show up on the main page.  Sometimes, people get a little excited about making posts and so they'll create 5 new threads which all show up on the same page and it comes off a little spam-y.  I feel like a newbie should only get to have a maximum of 1 new thread per 24 hour period show up in the main feed.  So a newbie would be able to reply to old threads and have those show up in the main feed unlimited, however, there would be a cap on how many new threads they could start that would show up in the main feed. 

I still don't feel like I'm using BT as much as I did, or that it's as intuitive as the old one was, or that it's as enjoyable as the old one was.  I do *love* the fact that I can check BT from the sephora app now, but I'm still struggling to find love for the desktop version.

Hi @itscarin,

1. We 100% agree that the Customer Support threads don’t belong in the main feed. We’re working on it but this isn’t an overnight fix. More to come.
  2. Has this been an ongoing issue? If you are seeing this issue frequently by the same users you can always PM me or one of the mods to keep up in the loop. I’ll talk to the team about this.

Thanks for your feedback! We know these changes will take some getting used to and there are bugs as well as room for improvement.

@KatieBT. I totally agree with @itscarin

Regarding #2, I don't think some people are intentionally spamming the boards, I suspect they are confused about which group to post things in so they post the same question (i.e. Which primer should I use for oily skin?) in multiple groups, thus leading us to see the same post 5 times in a row on the main thread.   @RGbrown talked about this in her post above, too.

@KatieBT   I see a lot of posts that are like look at me,  I got this from Influencer! It's great! Buy it!  I thought those were against the rules? I might be wrong but thought something along those lines were not permitted. Who knows maybe I am just imagining things at this point.

@KatieBT- Thanks for agreeing on #1.  As far as #2 goes, I feel kind of bad calling people out for spamming when I don't think that's their intention.  I know we've all seen our share of spammers here, and it's not exactly the same.  Again, I don't want to mention any names but I can recall at least one very active member of this community who started off a little 'over zealous' with new threads and I think it was just part of the initial excitement of being on the boards, and the person has since chilled out and makes a lot of positive contributions on the board. 

Maybe it's asking too much for the technology to filter out what we would consider spam.  It's just been harding finding my groove back on BT and if I'm hearing other people correctly, I think they're finding themselves in the same boat as me.

I second @itscarin!!! Please filter out the customer support.  Also can we some how bump up BIC 101 or rules of the road thread for newbies.  I really dont want to see BIC turns into a spam board with "missing samples", "my order hasnt shipped" or "ABH Subculture palette" 100 times 🙂 Well, not 100 times but pretty closed to it.

I'm with you both @itscarin @blackkitty2014

I'm not nearly as active as I used to be because the new community feels messy and neglected. There are tons of missing samples, wrong item in order, cancelled promo threads, linking BI number online etc and I'm losing interest. The lack of response to our concerns has been extremely frustrating.

I can not get my beauty insider to link with my online account! 

@JordanNew

You'll be better off posting your issue in the customer service group, where mods are monitoring and responding. ☺️

@KatieBT can you or one of the other mods look into this for me?

Three threads that I've started have been removed from the BIC and seem to have been rejected, if the "My Moderated Items" page is accurate. 

This appears to happen if I edit the original post more than once within a shorter time frame (say 10-20 minutes?)

Is this some sort of anti-spam measure? If so, it would be really helpful to know what the parameters are for posting so that I can avoid having my threads rejected and removed. It would also be helpful if we knew if there was a mod available who could review rejected posts and restore them if there isn't an issue with the content. 

It has happened with these three threads:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Active-Canadian-Promo-Codes-3/m-p/2882245

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussion/m-p/2767038

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/Active-Canadian-Promo-Codes-List-2/m-p/2386013

I am no longer able to log into Sephora on my iPad using Safari. I get this message:IMG_1976.PNG

In addition to this, I found I was unable to edit my post in the app prior to posting. Thank goodness for the Puffin app, or I wouldn't be able to access Sephora at all. 

For awhile I got this error when I tried logging onto BT with Google Chrome on my home laptop (Windows 10). I could use Microsoft Edge but not Chrome... eventually it went away...

I'm having this problem on Safari, too. Each time I clear my browser, but it keeps happening and more frequently now. Hasn't happened on Google Chrome.

testing