Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@Beadshopgirl I wonder if it's a Safari issue overall?  I got the "Access Denied" message earlier today when I tried to use Safari on my desktop.  Clearing my history worked temporarily before I was denied again.  Other browsers seem OK (for now).

@blueviolet21 Dang it!  I gave up on Safari figuring that was the issue.  Hopefully it's corrected soon 🙂

I don't think it's a Safari issue @ElleElleG, I've also had it happen a few times on Chrome. Clearing Cache/cookies etc. seemed to help, but annoying.

I would be so grateful if there was a way to have customer service complaints such as missing/no samples threads separate from the main feed. Is this perhaps a possibility in the future? I feel overwhelmed every time I log in with the high number of new complaint threads. It is really interfering with other conversations, and giving an overall negative tone on the forum. 

@KatieBT @candacebt @RachelBT

Ditto to everything! Hate to sound like a millennial with no attention span haha but TBH I usually only scroll/browse the first two pages of the Conversations page to see if there's anything of interest (I suspect many do the same). With so many Customer Support questions/complaints on the main page, I now see maybe 5 threads with real content. You're definitely losing out on readership on actual product discussion.

I know Groups are the other way to filter out some of the noise but I'm still finding the number of groups overwhelming and too narrow. I don't want to subscribe to a group if I'm interested only 1 or 2 threads within it. Perhaps consider combining some groups? 

The most useful feature for me so far is notifications and I often browse my most-read threads by that. 

I agree @bonafide11. I've been seldomly getting on and when I do, it's because I either get tagged or notified from subs. All of the CS threads make it really boring (for a lack of a better word) to scroll through the forums. 

I agree with everything that was said here... Hope those can get removed from the main feed. Would also be nice if it was more obvious that this is a community. I think that's the problem... people just post and go... maybe they don't know it's an actual community with daily discussions on different topics. That if you post in one group you don't need to re-post in another group. And since we are all rookies maybe people think this is brand new... that Sephora never had anything like this before... I dunno. There is just so much clutter I can never find stuff and don't hang around anymore. I miss a lot of stuff despite having a list of popular BT threads handy.  I miss BT so much 😞

So, one can choose from the Conversations page to show only "My Groups" and that eliminates the CS threads in the CS group.  However, it is not a good fix because, at least in my case, we are prevented from joining certain groups that hold a lot of the threads I like to see (for example Brand Loyal.)

In general, however, even outside of the CS thread, there are just too many one-post-and-gone types of new threads that are taking up pages and pages and they relegate valuable content, even the more "active" threads, too far back for anyone to see. 

It would be great if the mods @KatieBT could provide an updated list of all documented issues, and on which platform (desktop, mobile, app) so that we can contribute and understand if/when things will be addressed?  

There are definitely still many serious issues with the actual functionality and usability on different platforms, and then there are several issues that remain that will surely impede the ability to build and keep an actual community that ROCKS.  

Well said @sister13! It's hard to connect with anyone given the current disaster that is BIC.

Yes to all of this. I am wondering if the moderators can create some kind of more visible how-to guide and link it somewhere that newcomers to the forum can easily see, so that we don't get flooded with so many duplicate posts. Maybe we could have some links in the sidebar to some popular threads like I have seen done in other similar forums.

Also, @RGbrown brought up the landing page to the Customer Support Group. Could that not be restructured so that answers to popular questions are easily visible? E.g. "What do I do if my order arrives without samples?" "What do I do if my order arrives missing an item?" "What do I do if my order arrives with a broken item?" etc. Perhaps that would also help cut down on duplicate posts. 

I would love it if there could be a list of all documented issues like @sister13 said. Some people have mentioned the keyboard on the app, but I haven't even seen that because for me the community hardly works at all on my iPhone. I can scroll through conversations somewhat but I can't reply or give hearts at all.

I'm echoing what @angel7594 @DaintyDiva @Tamara76 are saying! When the main feed is just a billion threads about missing sample complaints, it's a huge turn off. Customer service issues on the main thread isn't very welcoming!

I agree with all the ladies here. I was just about to ask the same. Some time ago mods said they were working on removing CS from the main feed.... Any updates on that? It's been a while. We're waiting (not so) patiently.

Agree!!!! CS should NOT be on the feed! They clutter the feed and are irrelevant for BTers.

...and please Sephora, start sending people their samples already 😕 If Nordstrom can do it, you can do it too. I believe in you! ❤️ Or at least stop telling people they can choose their samples and just say you'll send 3 random ones. It'll avoid so much heartbreak 😉

I agree with @angel7594 and @DaintyDiva!  While CS questions and responses are very important, having them front and center on the main page

detracts from the feeling of the community - especially when community members aren't able to offer much help. 😞

I'm getting into the groove and liking most the changes these days, especially the app access!

I like to browse all the conversations ordered by most recent as well as by most popular. The popular option used to display threads that were most active in the last month or so. Now it seems to display threads that have been most active since the beginning of BT, so the top returns are old promo threads that aren't used any more. Is there any way you could shorten the time-span being considered for most popular threads so that recent highly active threads float to the top?

Hope that makes sense! Thanks for your hard work!

You guys... It's threading correctly now. 

I just ask for 2 more things!

1. 3rd level replies

2. OP and date at the top of all threads from the homepage. 

I realize its been said before but wow- the black/white is so...stark. Its a little unpleasant to read from my desktop, honestly. Also, I'm not sure if its just me but the website takes a VERY long time to load. I thought the old layout of BT was much more intuitive/user friendly. This will definitely take some getting used to.

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I don't like that every time I back out of a thread —even if I'm several pages in— I end up at the top of page 1. There still seems to be a scrolling issue where I'm suddenly several posts below where I'm trying to read.

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I have this same problem @Beadshopgirl Very frustrating on the app... Also once I click into a thumbnail on the app to view the larger size I can't get out of it without exiting the app completely. iOS on Sephora app...please fix the no comma and space bar position!

@candacebt @KatieBT I'm having a number of issues. First- I'm showing up with 5 posts?!?!?! I've posted more than 5x today alone, let alone ever.

Second- the autocorrect is way vicious and I'm having problems tagging people or writing what I plan to say.

Third- I'm barred from joining groups, and I've been booted from some. 

Fourth- I think I'm just old and probably now past the target demographic, but I'm having a hard time navigating and posting.

I use Mac/Safari because I cannot deal with navigating on an IPhone and not having commas.

I noticed this too @starletta8. It doesn't seem to show correctly on the computer but in the app, my post count is correct.

2 Replies
testing