Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

****O.k. y'all I posted earlier and then my whole post vanished, so I am going to try again from memory (and also take screenshots and pm the list to @candacebt and @KatieBT because I am not inclined to do this a 3rd time....).  Here goes:

Happy One Week Birthday Beauty Insider Community!!!!

Thank you so much to the Sephora team and mods, especially @KatieBT and @candacebt, for your efforts to improve our community!   ❤️

Thank you so much to the BT fam, my fellow beauty enthusiasts and all the newcomers for your patience and flexibility adapting to the changes because you all are what makes this forum a community!  I've been struggling, too. It is super hard when your home away from home changes so dramatically, but I have confidence that the bugs/defects/glitches are being addressed and am optimistic that we'll see improvements in the coming weeks.  I love you guys and hope that you all decide to hang in there a little longer - I know that I just can't quit (New) BT!

i-love-you.gif

I have been making note of my observations over the past week and want to share them with you here, in hopes that they can help in identifying and ultimately fixing defects from the revamp.  It is highly possible that I am just technically inept 🙂 so please let me know if I'm doing something wrong OR if you have discovered a viable workaround for any of the issues I'm experiencing. 

What Works Well in New BT (BIC):

1. It is super easy to tell if you have "hearted" a post or thread - This is one of the issues we were all pretty vocal about on BT over the last few months so I am happy it has been corrected!  ❤️

2.  I love the notification feed!   It is especially helpful when I miss emails notifying me that I have been mentioned in a post (but I also want to continue receiving the email notifications - Please don't take them away)

3.  I love that the content of PMs displays inline in emails notifying us of the PM - This really helps me ascertain if I need to log on right away to respond or if it can wait

4.  I love that we can see a list of Mods in the Customer Support group and even see which mods are available in case we need help

5.  I love the concept of an auto-save feature, even though it does not seem to work

6.  There seems to be a lot less spam now - Yay!  Thanks @candacebt - This was getting to be a pretty major problem on BT right before the revamp 😞

7.  I love that the new mobile UI is much easier to use (minus the punctuation/space bar issues on the keyboard)

8.  BIC appears to have much better exposure on the Sephora site as I've seen a lot of enthusiastic newcomers over the last week (I know there are concerns that better exposure could mean more trolls, but so far, it seems that we've gotten many more legitimate community members)

What Could Be Improved in New BT (BIC):

1.  No randomly vanishing posts!   I have had two pretty lengthy posts vanish in the last two days - The first time was in the Subscription Box Photo sharing thread last night when I posted all of my July sub boxes in a single post (which I did all the time in Old BT).  The second time was about two hours ago when I first posted this pros/cons list - Someone even responded to my post before it disappeared!  In both cases, the posts were pretty long and I also edited grammar, spacing, spelling more than once after posting each one (adding in case that detail helps in Sephora's defect resolution)

2. Threading order - I know this has been mentioned by multiple users and Candace told us it is being researched, but it is super frustrating.  I've changed my preference in my settings to threaded and also tried sorting from oldest to newest, but I've still encountered issues where newer content randomly pops up in the middle of a thread and posts still display out of order

3.  Inability to reply to replies - Perhaps this is another reason things are out of order?  I have found myself replying to my own posts and mentioning another user or replying to the main thread when I can't replay to the other person's reply.  Hopefully this will be addressed when the threading issue is fixed

4.  I would like to see the latest reply in the thread thumbnail on the main group page and main conversations page instead of just the latest post in a given thread

5.  I would also like to see the last few posted pics in the thread thumbnail on the main group page and main conversations page - Pics tend to draw me into threads - especially makeup pics! 🙂

6.  I am still randomly experiencing slow load time on certain pages, especially on certain user profiles.

7.  When I click on a post link from a notification email (when I have been mentioned in a post), I am sometimes navigated directly to the specified post, but other times, the link just dumps me at the top of the thread.  I would really like to be navigated directly to the post in which I am mentioned

8. After I have replied to a post, I am given the option to return to the message or return to my previous location.  If I choose the former, I am navigated back to the top of the thread.  If I choose the latter, I am navigated back to the group main page.   My preference is to be navigated directly back to the post to which I was responding.  Otherwise, I sometimes have to click through several pages to find keep reading from where I left off.   This is especially frustrating on longer threads, like The Party Thread or Deals to Good to Pass Up.

9.  Auto save doesn't seem to work

10.  When posting photos and/or spoilers, the formatting within the post pane is very wonky. A box tends to appear behind the photos/spoilers, the photos appear on top of text and it looks like I am typing behind the picture or below the fold within the post pane.  Sometimes it looks fine when I click the Post button, but sometimes the formatting and alignment are completely messed up.

11. Sometimes when I try to post a picture inside a spoiler box, it works.  Other times, it posts the picture below the spoiler box.

12.  I miss having access to my full photo album from my profile

13.  I miss having access to my prior avatar pictures when I go to change my profile pic

14.  Sometimes I am unable to "heart" posts/threads on my iPhone or iPad even when I am logged on (seems totally random)

15.  I am unable to see people's hearts unless they belong to a group, but even then, it takes multiple clicks to find their hearts.  This will cause a lot of difficulty when vetting people for participation in trades/TSBs/RACs and also for gauging their credibility when they give me advice.  I used to check their number of hearts and HoF status.

16.  I'm sad I have to start over at Rookie level and lost my HoF status.

17.  I wish I could see who started a thread and the date it was started from the Main Conversations Page or Main Group Page

18.  I wish I could hide "Trending Groups" from the middle of the Main Conversations list or that it would be moved to the left hand rail.  I don't find value in this feature and would much rather see more threads displayed on the Main page.

19.  I don't want to see the same thread displayed more than once on the Main Conversations Page or Main Group Page.  I've noticed that sometimes the same thread will display more than once with the lastest post AND also with the latest reply displayed.  (also see #4 above)

Thank you very much for your consideration of my suggestions, Sephora! ❤️

@Tamara76 Thank you for voicing our problems and frustrations! You worded everything so well!

Thanks!  @StephaniLynn  😘

@Tamara76 I agree with your pros, and for the most part do like the new layout (once the glitches are fixed). The notification bell is great and I like that I can filter based on posts I've made. Once you get into the threads themselves is where it feels clunky. No need to address those issues since they been posted about often. I also noticed that when you click on a picture in a thread it now enlarges it, which I don't recall being a thing. However, I would also like for the threads on the main page to be wider somehow. Are there supposed to be more things on the side? I feels a little weird and not like the main page at all. I definitely agree with you that some pictures will definitely help with that. I know @Candace BT mentioned they're working on updating albums. My other thing is that when you look at Popular posts, most of them are super old. Can we change that to "Recently Popular"?

Thanks!   @makeitup305

I also love your suggestion about Recently Popular!  Great idea! ❤️

@Tamara76 That was some solid, BT-loving determination to type that all out again! So glad you were successful!

So many great points for both the pros and cons! (I am also so happy to be able to see clearly when I've hearted something because in BT I was always accidentally unkudoing something when I went to kudo it another time).

Also, thanks to @candacebt for touching base! I know there are a lot of emotions and feels with a big reveal, but we ain't mad at you, just feeling our own feels too! All in the pursuit of mutual community happiness. Thanks for all your work, before and continuing, and to your awesome team. Fielding a bajillion questions, PMs, tags, and issues is a truckload of work, and despite what it can surely sometimes feel like, we do really appreciate it. 

Thanks!   @NotCrocker   You know I've got some solid BT love, girl! ❤️

I also echo all of your comments to/about @candacebt  and want her and the other mods and their team to know that they truly are appreciated!  ❤️

sparkling-red-glitter-heart-gif-animation.gif

You're a rockstar @Tamara76 for writing this up again! I totally agree with you, there are definitely alot of pros in BIC and hoping the bugs get fixed soon. 

Happy One week BIC! aka NBT (new beautytalk 😉

Awww - Thanks!   @Anewxa  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️  (I'm also loving your new acronym NBT!) 🙂

If you're having trouble finding threads, looks through your old posts or highly active  BTer posts then bookmark them! You can see all your bookmarks when you go to your settings.

Ugh!   Thanks!   @Beadshopgirl and @makeitup305  I just re-posted from memory, but think I may have missed a few things. 😞

Also - Thanks for the tip!   @makeitup305  I will definitely bookmark this one (I also took screenshots and saved the content in Word), but don't want to have to bookmark every post 😞

OMG!  Did my super long post with my pros and cons just totally disappear?  Ugh!!!!!!

I absolutely did not delete it myself!!!!

You guys - this is exactly what happened to me with my July Subscription box post last night!  

I put a lot of time into my pros and cons and really tried to keep it all positive - I don't want to have to post it again.... 😞

ETA:  I posted right after @myumew  - No clue where my post went!   😞

@Tamara76 oh no! The site has been super glitchy for me all night.

@Tamara76 Oh no! I'm sorry I missed your pro/con list. ☹️

Happy One Week Anniversary Beauty Insider Community!   ❤️

Thank you to the mods, especially @candacebt and @KatieBT ,for their efforts to improve our community experience!

Also, thank you to all the beauty devotees, the old BT fam and all the newcomers for being flexible through the change - It's been tough for a lot of us to have our home away from home change, but I am hopeful that our feedback is being heard and that we'll see improvements in the weeks to come.  I love y'all and hope you'll hang in there to make "New BT" our new home!  ❤️

i-love-you.gif

I've been keeping track of my observations over the last week and want to share them here - It is very likely that I may just be technically inept (lol) so please let me know if I'm just missing the obvious - I'm trying to learn because I just can't quit this place y'all ! 🙂

Apologies in advance for a super long post...

What Works Well in New BT (BIC):

1. It is easy to tell if you have already hearted a post! Yay!   Sephora heard us and vastly improved this feature!

2. I love the notification feed because sometimes I get delete happy in my email and worry that I haven't responded to someone - The notifications feed makes it super easy to see who has responded to one of my posts

3. I like that I can see a full list of mods and can tell which Mods are online in the Customer Support Thread in case I need help

4. There seems to be less spam (and omg, it got bad that last week of Old BT)

5. I love that I can see the content of PMs in my email notification - that way I can tell if someone is trying to reach me urgently so I need to log in right now, or whether it can wait

6.  I like the idea of an auto-save feature, even though it doesn't seem to be fully functional yet (?)

7.  It seems like the community now has better exposure on the Sephora site so I have seen a ton of newcomers in the last week (Welcome, y'all!!!!) - I know there are legitimate concerns about enticing trolls, but I am super happy so many genuine beauty enthusiasts have found us! ❤️

8. The mobile UI is a lot easier to use now! 🙂

What can be Improved in New BT (BIC):

1. Threading and associated ability to ascertain who is replying to whom in any given thread, however, I am confident that Candace and the mods are well aware of this as we've all been quite vocal and am hopeful this has been prioritized at the top of the list of defects/bugs to be fixed

***I know it is recommend to change the preferred settings to "threaded" and to sort from Oldest to Newest, but even then, posts seem to show up in random order (i.e. they will show up from oldest to newest generally, but there will be some brand new posts smack dab in the middle of the thread which isn't logically ordered)

2. I would love to see the latest replies show up in the thumbnail on the BIC main page, not just the latest posts.  Hopefully this will be corrected when the threading issue is fixed (?)

3.  When I reply to a post in the middle of a thread, I am given the options to either (a) Click here to return to message or (b) Return to previous location.  When I select (a), I am navigated to the beginning of the thread.  When I select (b), I am navigated to the main page for the group the thread is housed in.  My preference would be to navigate directly to the place in the thread I was at prior to posting my reply.  This would be especially helpful in longer threads like The Party Thread or Deals Too Good to Pass Up.

4.  I wish we could still see the last few photos posted in the thumbnails for any given thread - Pictures totally lure me into threads - especially makeup pics! ❤️ 

5.  I'm still experiencing slow load time on certain pages, especially certain user profiles

6.  When I click a link to a post in a notification email (when I have been mentioned), sometimes I am navigated directly to the post in which I am mentioned, but sometimes I am just navigated to the top of the thread.  My preference is to always be navigated directly to the post where I am mentioned

7.  Autosave doesn't always seem to work - I lost a lengthy post (where I was posting multiple photos and subscription box reviews) in the middle of typing.  It just redirected me to the beginning of the thread mid-sentence and my post completely disappeared

8.  I've also had trouble posting around images and spoilers - there seem to be multiple layered boxes to type in and the alignment doesn't work (sometimes when I am typing, it seems to disappear behind another box or outside of the frame) - When I click post, sometimes it posts correctly and looks good, but sometimes it looks a wonky

9.  I've posted pictures within spoilers and sometimes they post in the spoiler, but other times they post outside of the spoiler

10. I know the mods are aware, but I really miss having my whole photo library available to me from within my profile

11. I also miss the ability to select a profile pic/avatar from past avatar photos

12.  I sometimes have difficulting "hearting" posts from my iPhone or iPad

13.  I also prefer the term "heart" or "love" over "kudo"

14.  I am unable to tell how many hearts someone has unless they belong to a group and even then, it takes several clicks to see their hearts.  This is important when vetting people for trades/TSBs/RAKS and also for ascertaining the credibility of the advice they provide

15.  I wish I could hide the "trending groups" section in the middle of the main Conversations Page or that it would be moved to the left hand rail of the page.  This breaks up the list of recent threads/posts and I really want to see more of those rather than trending groups

16.  Finally, as others have mentioned, I am still not clear on why we have followers or follow people when we can't see who is following us and can't see a feed of recent activity of those we are following

@Tamara76 - Your pro and con lists are absolutely spot on!  Thank you for putting this together!  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You are very welcome!  @Titian06   

The mods have responded to every one of my suggestions (I also PM'd them) so I am happy if it helps with improvements so we can all get back to talking about beauty stuff! ❤️❤️❤️

I love you too @Tamara76 

dancing friend pointing melissa mccarthy bridesmaids GIF

Thank you for putting this pro/con list together! I can't quit this place either and I hope the coders can make the tweaks to get 'er done 😉 

@Mcakes89358-Smooch-Gif.gif

@KatieBT@candacebt  If y'all need some user testers when your developers make upgrades/bug fixes, let me know!   I'm happy to volunteer!!! ❤️

volunteer.png

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I haven't been on the app version that long but first impressions-

Pros

The app version is more responsive- the posts load up as you scroll down. Yay!

Text size within threads are small!

Replies to a post actually show up on the front page preview.

Text box during reply is SCROLLABLE on iPhone. It was probably just a Safari issue though.

Cons

Keyboard- space bar is awkwardly placed and small and I can't find vital symbols such as colon.. parentheses and COMMA?

I can't seem to add a photo to a post exactly where I want it. It just attaches itself to the bottom of the post. Also there's no option to use spoilers.

Can't bold or italicize or do anything to text. There is no list format.

I miss the LOVES list being right on top of the tabs when I opened the app. Now I have to click through to find it.

EDIT: I had to edit this on my computer because my post looked like a jumbled, no space mess. Even if you leave spaces between your sentences, it's removed when you post. I'm assuming this is because the app version lacks HTML (e.g., <p>text</p>)?

Will our former BT status be reinstated? I see I'm now a "rookie" despite all the contributions I made to the community 😞

4 Replies
testing