Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Trending Now

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! Welcome to your new Community. Smiley Happy 

It’s an exciting day! We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.(Beta!)

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• Content is still being migrated to the new community. This means that your ability to find and reply to certain threads may still be impacted. If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the shuffle to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

• There is a known bug with comment threading that we are working on. This means that if you want to see replies to a thread nested the “correct” way, you have to sort your thread view from oldest to newest. Yes, that means the newest comments are on the last page of the thread. If you sort by newest to oldest, you will see the newest comments on the first page, but replies won’t be nested under the comments they’re posted in response to. (See? Bug.)

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@fairlywell

This would feel more like a community again if navigating were easier. I now never go further back than 2 pages of Conversations because all this dang scrolling is a beast (I almost exclusively access via my phone)...which means I see whatever 20 topics were most recently replied to and that's it. I miss mindless wandering, but it's too much work now. 

As for replies, the best workaround I've found is to reply to the one right above...that should put yours right below mine in this case. (for now at least...if they ever fix the sort order, it'll be all out of whack again lol :/ )

Eta: and I don't really care about more hearts. Sure, I like em and all, but I also realize they're just a number and have no impact on my real life, outside if not having an awesome custom HoF lipstick. But what I would love to see is some sort of guidance on how levels are calculated. 400 vs 3600 is a huge gap, so what's the difference in why some seemingly count more than others? That's what I'd love to know more than anything. 

Highlighted

How do we adjust our avatar size? When I upload it it looks fine, after I save...well its not fine.

@Samtian I'm cracking up over your giant eyeball avatar! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, the avatar customization settings really need to be fixed.

@Samtian hot tip for avatar resizing! If you do it this way, you can adjust the image:
Click the bell and go to the settings gear (bottom left). In setting, go to 'Avatars' and upload there. If you do it through the 'edit' button on your actual profile, you aren't able to resize.

Hopefully helpful photos because I know this has been a problem for many! 
Step1.JPGstep2.JPGYay.JPG

@NotCrocker Ah much better! Thank you!!!

You are welcome @Samtian! I was pretty frustrated in trying to change mine, my eye isn't quite as striking as yours Smiley Wink so I got to poking around! Really happy I could help, and hopefully the Sephora mods catch wind of this and make the edit button on your actual profile have the same functionality as in this somewhat obscure settings area.

Has anyone figured out what the privacy settings mean yet?

If if you go to "Privacy Settings," You can adjust it to "Show private information in profile to" all, nobody, etc. Right now there doesn't appear to be a whole lot of info in profiles, but what exactly is meant by private information? 

I think this is why some usernames are not viewable at this point depending on these settings.

I hate to be that gal that constantly complains, but I just lost a ton of respect for the mods and sephora and how this has been handled so far. 

We have been begging for info/updates/feedback...anything to let us know that we are being heard over how heinous this board transition has been... but instead of taking the time to address us, @KatieBT is posting discussion threads instead. Because clearly a list of our favorite eye cream is more important than the fact that hundreds, if not thousands of members are having serious issues. Screenshot_20170717-155256.png

Hi @KatieBT. I was wondering how long you expect to be in beta mode and what changes will be made in view of the feedback you've been getting?

I also wanted to leave some positive feedback:

I LOVE the new notification bar.  The links I'd get about replies to my email would never work for me, so I'd always have to dig around to find a thread that had a reply.  This makes it soooo much easier!  Love it!

@jen81 I can't reply to your comment ( another weird thing 😐) but followed you right back 🙂 I have no idea what is the purpose of following because we don't get any notifications or anything. Atleast not so far.

Repost from another thread: Ok so something I worked out this afternoon is if you go to your settings and change the linear layout to "Threaded" it makes the replies to post shift under the post they should be instead of at the end as the "newest". However, if I sort on the page from "Newest to OIdest" the replies go on top of the original post, which is still confusing. So fine, I go and sort "Oldest to Newest" and go to the last page to see the latest post. But then, whenever I log back out and log back in again the settings have reverted. @KatieBT @sabrinas

For those of you having errors uploading pictures, try resizing them or cropping them. It worked for me, I was able to upload 4 at once once I cropped them after being given a weird error code. I'm on an iPad btw.

A suggestion - I don't see much value in threading the Customer Service inquiries on the main board.  I don't know, seems like if I was interested in what shipping and order problems others were having, I could go into the thread to browse.  As it is, I really could not care less about that and I think it's a bad idea both from the company perspective and the user perspective to have it show up in the main feed.  Maybe the issue is that there are so few topics on the main feed, several seem to be customer service/order related?  I don't know if any feedback on this thread is actually being considered but might as well try!

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

So right now I am trying this out on the app. The flow and reading of threads has improved a lot vs what I've been experiencing on the mobile and iPad versions. However...the keyboard sucks!! The space bar is wayyyy too small. I keep hitting the@ button...plus there is no comma or parenthesis. Literally every other word would been followed by @ had I not kept deleting it. Using app for iPhone

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I have this same issue on mobile for iPhone @misscg! It was driving me crazy. 

One thing I do like better about the mobile version than the desktop is the flow of conversation. 

It's much easier to follow the replies. 

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

It's really nice but i found another issue...pictures within replies do not show on the app. Someone replied to me on another thread with a picture but on the app it doesn't show. I saw it on the mobile version tho. Tagging also@doesnt seem to be working on the app

Will our former BT status be reinstated? I see I'm now a "rookie" despite all the contributions I made to the community Smiley Sad

pocketvenus wrote:

Will our former BT status be reinstated? I see I'm now a "rookie" despite all the contributions I made to the community Smiley Sad

I wish @pocketvenus! Though this seems highly unlikely Smiley Sad 

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I haven't been on the app version that long but first impressions-

Pros

The app version is more responsive- the posts load up as you scroll down. Yay!

Text size within threads are small!

Replies to a post actually show up on the front page preview.

Text box during reply is SCROLLABLE on iPhone. It was probably just a Safari issue though.

Cons

Keyboard- space bar is awkwardly placed and small and I can't find vital symbols such as colon.. parentheses and COMMA?

I can't seem to add a photo to a post exactly where I want it. It just attaches itself to the bottom of the post. Also there's no option to use spoilers.

Can't bold or italicize or do anything to text. There is no list format.

I miss the LOVES list being right on top of the tabs when I opened the app. Now I have to click through to find it.

EDIT: I had to edit this on my computer because my post looked like a jumbled, no space mess. Even if you leave spaces between your sentences, it's removed when you post. I'm assuming this is because the app version lacks HTML (e.g., <p>text</p>)?

Happy One Week Anniversary Beauty Insider Community!   <3

Thank you to the mods, especially @candacebt and @KatieBT ,for their efforts to improve our community experience!

Also, thank you to all the beauty devotees, the old BT fam and all the newcomers for being flexible through the change - It's been tough for a lot of us to have our home away from home change, but I am hopeful that our feedback is being heard and that we'll see improvements in the weeks to come.  I love y'all and hope you'll hang in there to make "New BT" our new home!  <3

i-love-you.gif

I've been keeping track of my observations over the last week and want to share them here - It is very likely that I may just be technically inept (lol) so please let me know if I'm just missing the obvious - I'm trying to learn because I just can't quit this place y'all ! Smiley Happy

Apologies in advance for a super long post...

What Works Well in New BT (BIC):

1. It is easy to tell if you have already hearted a post! Yay!   Sephora heard us and vastly improved this feature!

2. I love the notification feed because sometimes I get delete happy in my email and worry that I haven't responded to someone - The notifications feed makes it super easy to see who has responded to one of my posts

3. I like that I can see a full list of mods and can tell which Mods are online in the Customer Support Thread in case I need help

4. There seems to be less spam (and omg, it got bad that last week of Old BT)

5. I love that I can see the content of PMs in my email notification - that way I can tell if someone is trying to reach me urgently so I need to log in right now, or whether it can wait

6.  I like the idea of an auto-save feature, even though it doesn't seem to be fully functional yet (?)

7.  It seems like the community now has better exposure on the Sephora site so I have seen a ton of newcomers in the last week (Welcome, y'all!!!!) - I know there are legitimate concerns about enticing trolls, but I am super happy so many genuine beauty enthusiasts have found us! <3

8. The mobile UI is a lot easier to use now! Smiley Happy

What can be Improved in New BT (BIC):

1. Threading and associated ability to ascertain who is replying to whom in any given thread, however, I am confident that Candace and the mods are well aware of this as we've all been quite vocal and am hopeful this has been prioritized at the top of the list of defects/bugs to be fixed

***I know it is recommend to change the preferred settings to "threaded" and to sort from Oldest to Newest, but even then, posts seem to show up in random order (i.e. they will show up from oldest to newest generally, but there will be some brand new posts smack dab in the middle of the thread which isn't logically ordered)

2. I would love to see the latest replies show up in the thumbnail on the BIC main page, not just the latest posts.  Hopefully this will be corrected when the threading issue is fixed (?)

3.  When I reply to a post in the middle of a thread, I am given the options to either (a) Click here to return to message or (b) Return to previous location.  When I select (a), I am navigated to the beginning of the thread.  When I select (b), I am navigated to the main page for the group the thread is housed in.  My preference would be to navigate directly to the place in the thread I was at prior to posting my reply.  This would be especially helpful in longer threads like The Party Thread or Deals Too Good to Pass Up.

4.  I wish we could still see the last few photos posted in the thumbnails for any given thread - Pictures totally lure me into threads - especially makeup pics! <3 

5.  I'm still experiencing slow load time on certain pages, especially certain user profiles

6.  When I click a link to a post in a notification email (when I have been mentioned), sometimes I am navigated directly to the post in which I am mentioned, but sometimes I am just navigated to the top of the thread.  My preference is to always be navigated directly to the post where I am mentioned

7.  Autosave doesn't always seem to work - I lost a lengthy post (where I was posting multiple photos and subscription box reviews) in the middle of typing.  It just redirected me to the beginning of the thread mid-sentence and my post completely disappeared

8.  I've also had trouble posting around images and spoilers - there seem to be multiple layered boxes to type in and the alignment doesn't work (sometimes when I am typing, it seems to disappear behind another box or outside of the frame) - When I click post, sometimes it posts correctly and looks good, but sometimes it looks a wonky

9.  I've posted pictures within spoilers and sometimes they post in the spoiler, but other times they post outside of the spoiler

10. I know the mods are aware, but I really miss having my whole photo library available to me from within my profile

11. I also miss the ability to select a profile pic/avatar from past avatar photos

12.  I sometimes have difficulting "hearting" posts from my iPhone or iPad

13.  I also prefer the term "heart" or "love" over "kudo"

14.  I am unable to tell how many hearts someone has unless they belong to a group and even then, it takes several clicks to see their hearts.  This is important when vetting people for trades/TSBs/RAKS and also for ascertaining the credibility of the advice they provide

15.  I wish I could hide the "trending groups" section in the middle of the main Conversations Page or that it would be moved to the left hand rail of the page.  This breaks up the list of recent threads/posts and I really want to see more of those rather than trending groups

16.  Finally, as others have mentioned, I am still not clear on why we have followers or follow people when we can't see who is following us and can't see a feed of recent activity of those we are following

I love you too @Tamara76 

dancing friend pointing melissa mccarthy bridesmaids GIF

Thank you for putting this pro/con list together! I can't quit this place either and I hope the coders can make the tweaks to get 'er done Smiley Wink 

@Mcakes89358-Smooch-Gif.gif

@KatieBT@candacebt  If y'all need some user testers when your developers make upgrades/bug fixes, let me know!   I'm happy to volunteer!!! <3

volunteer.png

OMG!  Did my super long post with my pros and cons just totally disappear?  Ugh!!!!!!

I absolutely did not delete it myself!!!!

You guys - this is exactly what happened to me with my July Subscription box post last night!  

I put a lot of time into my pros and cons and really tried to keep it all positive - I don't want to have to post it again.... Smiley Sad

ETA:  I posted right after @myumew  - No clue where my post went!   Smiley Sad

@Tamara76 Oh no! I'm sorry I missed your pro/con list. ☹️

1 Reply