Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

Weโ€™re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and canโ€™t find it, please post here. Weโ€™ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (โ€œI clicked here and it did *this*โ€), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the โ€œMy Postsโ€ tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

Itโ€™s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@veronika23 Thanks V!

feedback - seriously? Why can't hearts be more visible? I like seeing people's hearts, I'm heart broken. 

@darkiceis

go to Conversations (in the black bar at the top)

My Posts (on the left side of the page)

At the top below the black bar (Home, Groups, Conversations, Gallery) you'll see My Conversation Activity to the left, your nickname in the middle, and heart count to the right.

Hope this helps.

It looks like threads/posts are being deleted? I've seen a couple of others wonder where their posts went and I've just discovered one of mine is missing. Can others confirm they've noticed this issue too?

@alexasteph  I've noticed a lot of threads that were migrated after the big move are all jumbled and some posts are on whatever page instead of the 1st page where it should be etc. For example: I replied to a comment the other day and it was on the first page and now it appears to be on page 89 or something.... in the middle section of the thread.  ๐Ÿ˜ž   It would be nice to get an update on that. Do the mods know about this issue we keep reporting?  Are they working to correct the orders of those threads? Would it be helpful to share the threads that have this problem so it can be fixed? Would it be helpful to know which thread they are working on correcting so we don't comment until it's fixed? Like post somewhere that  x, y, z thread are being worked on and we will be able to access them the following day or so. I think all the posts are in the thread somewhere... just the order is out of whack.

@KatieBT@candacebt

@alexasteph I thought a few of my posts had been deleted as well.  I was able to find them in my posting history and when I clicked on the thread it took me to my post as it was previously. However I noticed that the order of the post/comment chain was even more out of whack (embedded between posts from last year) than what many have already reported.

@alexasteph  Yes! Sometimes I can't post, or replay to posts. And, sometimes my posts just disappear ( and I don't have them in "my posts" anymore, either ). I think @mrsbaine  mentioned not being able to respond to posts is some kind of bug...? ( I am really not sure anymore. Too much is going on. And, everything is one big mess hard to follow. ( Honestly, I don't even try to anymore... ) ) But, I don't know if that includes disappearing posts, as well, anyway?  

@alexasteph

I've had a thread disappear. The link to it from my browser history still works, but there's absolutely no sign of it on BT. It's not in my post/thread history at all, nor does it show up in the group where I posted it. 

I haven't inspected my posts carefully, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of those are missing too.

@alexasteph, I noticed the same thing! One of my postings from the other day is now on page 100 of a thread, and another posting seems to be missing. 

Echoing feedback from others members, I would say that my biggest irritation with the new layout is the ordering of posts and replies.  As of right now, the most recent reply or "sub-reply" appears at the top of each thread, without any indication at all of the original comment to which it is replying.  Scrolling down the thread, you will find other stray replies that look entirely out of context since it doesn't appear to be associated with any original post or comment.  Mods, I think we would all be grateful if this issue is prioritized at the top of the defect fixes list.

@MlleCC

Sadly, you have to sort from oldest to newest for now if you want to see replies in the correct order (most of the time...there are still threads that are out of whack no matter what, but this is mostly helpful).

From Katie's original post:

"There is a known bug with comment threading that we are working on. This means that if you want to see replies to a thread nested the โ€œcorrectโ€ way, you have to sort your thread view from oldest to newest. Yes, that means the newest comments are on the last page of the thread. If you sort by newest to oldest, you will see the newest comments on the first page, but replies wonโ€™t be nested under the comments theyโ€™re posted in response to. (See? Bug.)"

Hi @KatieBT @candacebt... Can we get an update about some of the "glitches" and "bugs" we've reported? Maybe let us know what specific issues keep popping up so we know they are at least being acknowledged and looked at? I'm sure you're getting swamped with requests and stuff, but the same things are being reported continually so if we know they are being looked at, people might see "Oh yeah, that's my issue, it's being taken care of" and won't need to re-report it. Some of the layout stuff is obviously a bit different, but I think the functionality concerns are the most important for people right now - being unable to heart (kudos?), 3rd layer replies, thread nesting, etc. 

Thanks!

@alexasteph

I'd love an official update too...right now it just feels like we've been left to twist in the wind... ๐Ÿ˜ข

I might be able to help you with one issue though. For kudos, there's actually a setting to turn them off, which could be the problem. Go to the settings screen (click on the bell, then the gear in the bottom left of that drop down), select preferences, then the kudos tab. Unchecked the first box. Mobile screenshot attached, but desktop is a similar-ish view.

Screenshot_20170715-133230.png

edit;; I'm using safari

You see?  I can to make a separate reply because I couldn't edit my previous one.

@blushnglow

Click the three dots in the bottom right of your post; edit should be an option on that menu ๐Ÿ™‚

@RGbrown got it thanks!

@KatieBT 

1) Is there a way to edit my own post once it's been posted to forum?

2) Is there a way to minimize each reply to one line instead of posting the whole reply on the main screen so I can scroll through the threads quicker?  There is only space for 3-4 threads on the main screen because each entire response is shown all at once. The navigation experience is more cumbersome with the new format.  

3) The conversations flow is not visually instinctive.  The user must navigate through each thread to read the flow.

note: My mode of preference will be for use on a 13" laptop.  Thanks.

I'm unable to edit the biography portion of my profile. It is just frozen on what I've already saved. I can add words, remove words, or even completely delete what I wrote and it'll still say that I've used 66/170 characters. When I click the "save" button, the page completely freezes, and I'm unable to close the edit profile pop-up window. When I refresh the page and return to my profile, nothing is changed. 

This isn't a huge problem (compared to everything else that's wrong with the site), but it is another thing to add to the pile. This "upgrade" just doesn't work. I miss BT. ๐Ÿ˜ž

ETA: I'm using a Dell laptop (Windows 7 64-bit operating system) and my browser is Chrome (latest version).

Some quick frustration points:

โ€ข As Conversations is really the front page for content, it would be great to have a side-bar (like BT) where we can see our subscribed groups listed as well for quick navigation, rather than having to click to a whole other area (and then subsequently into another Conversations page once we've selected our group from that other area). This makes the experience feel really siloed. I don't even pay attention to the groups I've joined because I don't bother going to that page.

โ€ข When clicking to the next page of Conversations, please make it bounce back to the top. Right now, it goes to the next page and keeps my place at the bottom of the thread of conversations so I have to scroll all the way back then back down to go to the next page.

โ€ข You've heard it a thousand times, the conversation threading is super borked. Beyond the inability to post replies to comments more than 2 deep, the fact that I can enter a thread and the "Newest" comment is from 2 weeks ago because it was bounced to that position because of a 2nd tier reply is really hard to follow and it makes me not want to bother trying to figure out what order I should be reading it all in.

In case some of these are my-computer specific issues (point two could be the case):
MacBook Pro on Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115

Sorry to post again, but I am still having a lot of technical issues that are making it impossible to use the new forum: * I can't give hearts on ANY post or comment * Trying to click to the next page of any group ("Trending Now", etc) simply refreshes the current, first page or gives me an error message that the page cannot be found. * Nothing happens when I try to join groups. The "join button" appears clickable with the hand icon, but I can't join any. * I also cannot change the sorting order on any conversations. Again, nothing happens when I click on it. This is using both Chrome and Safari on a Mac. I have to say, I am very disappointed with the way this change has been rolled out, and I am feeling less and less inclined to stick around ๐Ÿ˜• All the bugs I mentioned have been ongoing since the change, and there might be even more but I am feeling too frustrated and unwelcome to explore the new forum any further. Sorry to be so harsh, I am sure the tech team is working as best they can! It just doesn't feel like this change was implemented in the most user-friendly way. Note: Just checked on mobile and all these bugs disappeared, so it must be an issue with the desktop version. I personally hate browsing on mobile, so won't be using the forum that way. It would be great if you guys brought back the scrolling feature to get to the next page instead of a numbered icon. It was much easier to use.

I am soooo confused. Ok here's what I'm noticing:

on my iPad thru safari:

I can't reply to this thread or any thread. It tells me too many redirects occurred.

i can't reply to replies of others, there's just no options to reply to a reply

The ordering of comments is out of order

There's no option to select newest to oldest within a thread (same on mobile site thru safari on my phone)

I'm using chrome on the iPad now and things look a little better. The desktop version is also ok

testing