Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Went to write a review on a recent purchase and must be dense....can't figure out where to do so? 

If I may be completely honest, I don't like the new layout/format one bit. Is this how things will stay for good, or is it work in progress? I sure hope you won't leave this terrible eye straining font and all the whiteness ( the combo of both, probably? ) the way it is now? It's absolutely terrible! I am trying to navigate around and get familiar with new stuff, but this is giving me headache.

If you made this to be good for phones ( which I don't care about one bit as I don't use my phone for hanging out on BT/Sephora, but I also understand that a lot of people do and even prefer ), will you also make something more user friendly for desktops/laptops?

I'm not a fan of the desktop version. It 's the same as the mobile version,not in a good way.  I'm hoping that the format can be changed a bit.

I just started getting a million emails again and I'm positive that I unsubscribed from everything!

So did I, I had over 200 emails. Thank goodness that madness has stopped.

I came home from a day at the beach to find 81 emails from here,is there anyway to turn them off?

Here's my question....

If you go under settings and privacy, you can adjust "Show private information in profile to" nobody, just friends, everyone, etc. I was hoping to know what private information would be shared. For instance, will profiles contain any identifying info such as date of birth or name? It seems you can't be followed unless you set your profile as public, but I was hoping to understand what this private information includes before changing this. Thanks!

Seriously, what's with the missing threads? I can't find my Natural Skincare Talk, Dry Skin Talk, Lipstick Playground, Skincare Diaries... and some others, too ( mine, and not mine ). If this has already been answered someplace, please nudge this poor, lost, soul in the right direction. My head is spinning from all this newness, and is about to explode. Halp?

@KatieBT  @candacebt

Here's a list so far of what appears to be missing... I only hope all the info within the OP's ain't gone 😞

Mermaids & Unicorns

THE PARTY THREAD

THE KVD THREAD

Natasha Denona

MAC Love and Releases Thread!

BEAUTY NEWS

The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events, Whatever

PAT McGRATH LABS

THE VISEART THREAD

Makeup 101: Discussion, Questions and All

Indie brands and other not so talked about brands

Beauty Pet Peeve 2

THE DUPE THREAD!

Urban Decay Thread!

Too Faced New Releases 2016

Fragrance Junkie Central

NATURAL SKINCARE TALK

Skincare 101: Discussion, Questions and all

Dry Skin Talk

What’s New On The Site Today, Canada?

Upcoming BITE Beauty Releases

Marc Jacobs Beauty News & Discussion

And one that I can’t seem to recall the proper name started by Candace… Canada site product update or something like that.

Thanks!

@veronika23 Last I checked a few moments ago, Brands was one of the groups with 0 content- i.e., it probably hasn't been ported over yet. So I think the brand threads are on their way. 🙂

@KatieBT I used to paste the HTML for Sephora product pics, but there doesn't seem to be that option anymore.  I've been copying and pasting Sephora product pics, but they are coming up big.  Is it supposed to be that way?

@KatieBT When I write a post, I wish the box "Email me when someone replies" wasn't automatically checked.  I forgot to un-check it once, and it's already been an inconvenience to get that many e-mails.

@KatieBT I'm getting e-mail from other posts that start with "Re:____."  How do I stop this?  I only wish for e-mail if someone comments on my post directly with a mention of my username.  I thought all I had to do was un-check "Email me when someone replies" but that doesn't seem to be the case...unless I left it checked far more times than I thought.

People are doing a great job reporting errors/glitches, but I have a grievance/question haha

The conversations only show a photo if the most recent response included a photo. I miss the old preview that showed the 5 or so most recent photos. That was really helpful and let us know if new content had actually been posted - and if we should go check the conversation. There are way too many threads to check all the time. So I'm just wondering if that could ever come back with any future layout tweaks?

Here's an interesting one: I clicked to join groups, saw that the button changed to indicate that I'm a member, and then the next time I saw the group's icon, it's back to showing Join and I cannot click the button.

Is there a group limit?

These are the general groups- one of them is the Besides Beauty. (AKA they're not VIB/Rouge. 

It looks like most of my concerns have been addressed, everyone is doing a much better job of describing them than I am so thank you! 

The only little thing I'm seeing now that other may have pointed out, I'm not sure though, is it looks like there is the option to link a post to another platform, Twitter, Facebook, etc. Is there a way we can make it so anything we personally post isn't shared? I don't know about others, but I know a lot of us felt kinda weird about some of the "outsider" activity... ie. trolls, articles written, etc... I feel like this would just invite more of it. I didn't like having links to threads included in those articles (especially since the author never contacted us about it), and this seems very similar. 

@KatieBT 

1- Is there a way for the OP to be a different color so we can differentiate it better from the rest of the comments? It was very clear in the old format and I find it's harder to tell now where stuff ends lol

2- Is it a bug in the system that you can only reply a certain amount of times? I can't seem to reply to some people after 2 or 3 replies.

3- I used to be able to manage my pictures and folders (private/public). I can't find any of it now.  Where is that located?

Thank you!

Not all threads migrated yet? Or what is going on? I can't find some threads.

Thanks for these guidelines @KatieBT this was really helpful! I had one question that I don't think has been asked (sorry if it has!) I understand where to go to see your friends (ie who you are following) list but what about seeing who is following you? Thanks! 😄

Thanks @KatieBT!!

Missing Threads:

IMG_6854.PNG

IMG_6856.PNG

hi @KatieBT and @candacebt -- i've noticed quite a few threads missing. i hope this is not redundant. * RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX) * are you "trialing" a new product ? wanna talk about it ? * the hair thread and countless others i've started. i know things are still migrating. i'm also missing more than 20,000 hearts -- i'm not sure if this is part of the migration or not ? but while i'm here i figured i'd mention it.
testing