Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I'm also missing like 13,000 hearts haha. Geez

Hi @KatieBT @candacebt - the few threads I've noticed that are still missing are brand threads:

Let's Talk About NARS

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

Pat McGrath Labs

and also my 'What's New On The Site Today Canada?' was MIA 

Thanks!

@candacebt @KatieBT

You guys seriously gotta halt those outgoing emails. I'm getting literally hundreds upon hundreds of emails from BT and I'm not subscribed to a single thread. 

zYbVdTY

I am super relieved that I haven't had this onslaught of emails! My settings seemed to default in my favour, whew!

@Nerisai

Here :). I posted this earlier

Ok right upper corner in the black bar you will see a bell and a + sign icon right beside.

Click the bell

A drop down menu will show up

Bottom left of the menu is a gear icon

Click the gear icon

You should be able to manage your preferences from there.

You might want to remove "Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in"

That should work in stopping all the emails.

@Nerisai For some reason the default email setting is to get notifications for every thread you post on.  To change this, click the bell on the top right, then the gear on the bottom left of the pull down notification menu.  Go to your email settings and change the default.

I do like the fact that now I can see who I have hearted already and the bell notification of who has hearted me or replied.

One thing I personally don't like about the bell notification is when others are posting in the threads I have been to/commented at and it aimed at otger users..Lets say If I am inactive for long periods then when I log back on this feature drowns any notifications related to Me. Can this be tweaked so I only get notification if someone replied or tagged me? 

Also the layout is a little boxy atleast on mobile and the white space isn't helping the eyes. I also miss the thumbnails on the main page as this drew me into threads and made the main page look lively. 

Loving the new look so far! But, I was just curious about the titles under my name on my profile. I have one that says "VIB" (I understand this one) and the other says "Rookie" with 3 bars next to it where only one is filled. What is this indicated by? Is there an informational on it somewhere that shows what the other tiers are and how to reach them?

Hey @Jennabird this is the new tier system and the movement up from the first level of Rookie to the final level of Boss is based on your interactions across all the parts of the Beauty Insider Community. So the more you engage (comment, give and receive hearts, help folks out), review, and post, the quicker you will climb the ranks. The algorithm remains a closely-kept secret, as it was in the last iteration of the ranks, and they've suggested that there is room for more ranks beyond Boss that may be added in the future.

Thanks for the update Katie!  The first MIA thread that comes to mind is the NARS thread (I believe it's called "Let's talk about NARS)

We're also missing these threads:

The Party Thread

Mermaids & Unicorns

ETA: Deals Too Good To Pass Up (Volume Five) is also missing. I think the Ulta threads are absent as well (can't remember their exact names, though).

@ZombieMetroAnt Yesss! The GIF backlogs are getting dangerously high!

Related image

Thanks @KatieBT & @candacebt for all your efforts!  As @lmi82 mentioned, it looks like we lost The Party Thread and Mermaids & Unicorns in the transition.  Can you help us find?  My gifs are piling up!  LOL....just kidding (or am I?) 00000.JPG

ETA: Also Subscription Box Photo Sharing & Beauty News give me this scary message:

Spoiler
access.JPG

Thanks for the update, @KatieBT! We appreciate it. 

A couple threads I've been looking for today:

• Charlotte Tilbury brand thread ("let's talk charlotte tilbury")
  • The second (newer) "Canadian Peeps" thread. I'm only finding the original
  • Marc Jacobs brand thread

More more more...

There seem to be 2 groups for Canada, 2 groups for Rouge, and 2 groups for VIB...is that intentional? If so, what's the difference in them?

RGbrown wrote:

More more more...

There seem to be 2 groups for Canada, 2 groups for Rouge, and 2 groups for VIB...is that intentional? If so, what's the difference in them?

I think there are supposed to be two Canadian group: one intended to be francophone and the other anglophone.

I was also wondering about the two Rouge/two VIB groups! I don't appear to be able to join the one Rouge group (the icon just says Rouge).

@lachaton It's doing the same to me for one of the rouge groups.

Thanks for posting this thread!  I am sure it will make more sense after I poke around more, but here are a few issues I have run into already:

1.  Avatar: when I try to change my avatar on my profile page, it uploads it weird (crops it to only the top left corner of the picture/avatar).  However, if I do the bell-->wheel trick and upload my avatar from that page, it works great.  

2.  Default notification settings.  The default email setting is crazy (getting instant notifications for every thread you post on).  I don't think most people want that as the default.  I would suggest that the default be the way it was (only notifications for threads you specifically subscribe to).

3.  The way threads are showing up.  The default appears to be threaded, which is nice because I want to see replies to responses in order.  However, it seems like it is in chronological order (oldest first) instead of reverse chronological order (newest first), and the threading does not seem to be completely accurate.  I would strongly prefer the default to be the way it used to be on BT (newest post first with replies to responses displayed below the response) but no matter how I try to tinker with the settings, I can't get it to display that way.  

Hopefully this feedback helps!

Item #3 in this list is the reason I went in search of a bug fix/enhancement request thread.  If I change the default sort order in one particular thread, it changes the sort order for all subsequent threads I open as well.  It would be nice if I could change one thread to display posts from oldest to newest without it changing every single thread I open to display in that order.  (If it's easier for you, maybe another option could be for all threads to be sorted oldest to newest by default, but then have a link on the main feed that takes you directly to the last page in the thread.)

Thanks @KatieBT!

I would love to suggest an option for the "linear layout".

Could we please get the "threaded" option to work as "newest to oldest"?

Currently, if you choose "threaded", it defaults to "oldest to newest". And, when I switch it to "newest" it unthreads. Thanks for listening!

The only way I could find to manage my old galleries is through the image upload dialog. Is there another way? They don't seem to be imported into the new "Gallery" at all.

Also, can I somehow display more replies on one page for a thread? Some sort of "view all" or even just "view more on the same page" feature?

testing