cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

I received in the mail Deborah Lippmann cuticle oil to be given as a stocking stuffer. It was received frozen due to winter temperatures   Once thawed will it be ok?

Bought the Atellier Vanilla parfume and  love it, however, it did not come with the leather case as advertised. How do I go about getting this?

@Thumper27 If your order is missing something, I recommend contacting customer service. 

Hey, I have long but medium thickness lashes and I was look for a mascara that adds a little bit of length but focuses on volume. I usually use loreal lash paradise but it kind of clumps a bit, I want my lashes to be super seperated and individual looking, any ideas?  Tysm! ❤️

Hello! The best way to achieve volume and still have beautifully soft lashes is to use a Lash primer like LASHFOOD Conditioning Collagen Lash Primer 0.27 oz under any mascara!

The mascara I am obsessed with these days for volume is HUDA BEAUTY LEGIT LASHES Double-Ended Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara 2 x 0.28 oz/ 8.5 ml

Hope this helps!

~ Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Because of the pandemic, I haven't been able to visit my hair stylist since February.  My natural color is a dishwater blonde - almost a light mousy brown - with gray "highlights" 😉.  Normally, I have blonde foil highlights every 6 weeks.  Obviously, with no visit to the salon, that hasn't happened.  Is there something I can use that will give me back some blonde but won't damage my hair and make my stylist's job more challenging whenever I can go back to her?

Hi, I've tried eye liners many times to disastrous results.

Can you recommend one that's easy to use, and someone not used to using eyeliner can use?

Thank you.

Hi Traycar!

I usually find my clients enjoy practicing with a deeply pigmented eye shadow and a brush. The MAKEUP BY MARIO Master Mattes™ Eyeshadow Palette 12 x 0.03 oz/ 1 g  has great formulas to practice with and multiple colors to use as eye liners.

I also recommend a brush like SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Eye Liner Brush #22

Press the tip of the brush into the shadow then press and wiggle onto your lash line. Repeat along your lash line until you have a full line. Light pressure is all you need. Applying an eye shadow primer first will help with longevity of wear and intensity of the line. Once you get used to applying the liner shape, then move into a liquid or pencil liner.

I hope this was helpful!

~Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Hi Traycar!

So I had this EXACT same problem when I started my makeup journey. I saw so many really pretty makeup ideas that required eyeliner, but whenever I tried them it looked horrendous. I mean like really really really bad. On the "good" eyeliner jobs I did, I looked like a grunge teenager, and on the bad days, it looked like I had done my eyeliner with the wrong hand 😂. Well anyways, I had been using liquid eyeliner which can be pretty hard to use if you are just starting out. After a while I discovered felt tipped eyeliner pens. They saved my life... like not even kidding. I would recommend the NYX brand felt tip eyeliner pen, which can be found at ULTA and TARGET. I'm not sure if it is sold on Sephora but there are other great option sold here, basically any felt tipped liner pen will work. The one I use and am personally obsessed with is this https://www.target.com/p/nyx-professional-makeup-that-s-the-point-eyeliner/-/A-52528377?preselect=52... . Personally I find it easier to NOT line under the eyes, which unless done really well can make you look like a bit emo (if thats the look you're going for then great! but not exactly what I am aiming for 🙂) I like to just do a little upturned win on the corners of my eyes and make sure not to go over the entire upper lid, like just doing the edges makes your eyes look much more open and natural. Hope this helps! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

Hello, I would like to buy some items from you but do bot know how I make reserbation.

@Anonymous When you are using the app or purchasing through the website you can reserve your item at a store and pick it up if they have the item in stock.

Anonymous Insider

Hello there!

I am in LOVE with the Sephora brand lip oil in Berry, and I am unable to find this anymore on your site:(

Will this be just out of stock temporarily, or will you be getting this back in. Please bring it back!!

Thank you,

Mel

Hi! I just had a question about the birthday gifts. My birthday is tomorrow and I just wanted to know if you have to buy something to get the free gifts or if you can just walk in and get your gifts without purchasing anything extra? 

@luciaanc Happy birthday! If you are redeeming your gift in store, you can pick it up without purchase. 

Hi,

My face peels lot of skin and white stuff. Around nose and chin. Is it dry or is it sensitive ?

I use moisturizer but cant use any cleanser. What cream / cleanser should I use ?

Hello,  

My hair is normally dark brown and recently I had some really light caramel blondish highlights on my hair, mainly on the bottom with some around the top of my long side bangs. I normally use more of a neutral beige color foundation as I think I have olive tone skin and since getting my  highligjts my makeup seems  a bit off.  I know this is probably a hard question to answer without seeing how I look and I can't go to sephora to get the assistance I used to get with makeup because of the pandemic, but is there a recommendation you have as to what colors I should be wearing on my face in terms of foundation, blush, and lipstick color?  Thanks for your help! 😊

Hey there! I wanted to start using foundation and I was looking for a fairly affordable option with good coverage and doesn't leave my face oily or shiny. I have sensitive and oily skin and I wanted to use foundation to even out the dark circles under my eyes and the few acne scars... I've tried a few concealers but they don't sit the same on my face after 1 hour goes by. Are there any brand suggestions within a reasonable price range and relatively healthy for my skin?

Hey, 

I'm looking for recommendations for a skin care routine for my husband.  He has a full beard and history of rosecea. I've heard good things about the #ordinary line, but don't know what would be best for him. A 2-3 step morning and night routine would probably be his max. 

Thanks!  

Hi Kelschka!

The Ordinary is a great brand! for your husband, I'd recommend The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser The Ordinary The Balance Set for his skin concerns.

Although the brand Skinfix is also a fantastic choice and was formulated with sensitive skin concerns specifically in mind. I recommend Skinfix Skinfixme Kit  This will help reduce inflammation and get his skin on the right track!

Hope this was helpful!

~Amy

Sephora PRO

@DavidBD 

What methods do I use when it comes to applying foundation on my face & under eyes to have a flawless clear smooth look? Is it good to use a wet/dry beauty blender or a make up brush ? & what is the exact order to apply make up in your face?

1 Reply
testing