cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

prime-image-face-tutorials-3.jpg

 do you have this in the stores

Anonymous Insider

I’m looking for a foot peel. Did they change the packaging?  I can’t find it on the website!

Hi, my name is Jennifer.  I fairly recently purchased the Amika Instant Shine Gloss Mask and Living Proof's In Shower Styler.  I used both several times (separate days), but neither product made much difference on my hair.  I have thick, dark, slightly wavy Asian hair.  Could you recommend some hair styling products that might work on my hair type?  My goal is to have smooth shiny hair or voluminous natural waves.  I'd prefer an air-dry product, if possible.  I'd appreciate a response.  Thank you!

Thank you for the recommendation!  🙂 @SportyGirly125 

Hi. I got a red rash (thankfully it is not irritating or itching me) on my face after I used Fresh's rose toner, then The Ordinary's 10% lactic acid serum and then Fresh's rose deep hydration moisturizer in my night routine.

However,  I have used 10% lactic acid serum for a year now, my skin is comfortable with that and I did use Fresh's rose toner before too without seeing any issues.

So now, what could have caused the red rash on my cheek?

Just some info: I have normal to little dry and dehydrated skin with no other issues usually.

Please help.

Thank you.

fragrance in the fresh product 

Hi! I’m 42 but after this year I feel like I look 72. Can you recommend a tinted moisturizer or something else that makes my skin look vibrant? Also I’m not into eyeliner but any options for eyes to look wide and bright. I’ll take anything you can recommend. Thanks!!!!

Hey there Mom1214!

I feel you. I'm 46 and my skin has changed significantly the past few years.

To add radiance and glow to my ever changing and sensitive-to-today's-stresses skin, I use the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta™ Advanced Liquid Peel 2 x 1 oz/ 30 mL This peel is a MUST HAVE for my skincare routine (1x/week) to keep the rest of my skincare working to it's maximum potential! I then use the Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask 2.54 oz/ 75 mL once a week right after the peel. Then I follow up with JLo Beauty That Jlo Glow Brightening & Firming Serum with Niacinamide 1.0 oz/ 30 mL Massage it in completely for the proper absorption. To aid in really adding a boost of anti-aging to the serum, I'll mix a bit of The Ordinary 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder 0.7 oz/ 20 g in with it. Super effective in evening out my skin tone (and healing hyperpigmentation).

I then apply the MILK MAKEUP Sunshine Skin Tint Clean Foundation (it says foundation, but it's sheer like a tinted moisturizer) to add a beautiful glow that looks natural and not heavy.

For an added, overall glow I also apply the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight on my cheekbones (and chest/neck and hands, too!).

My favorite part of my skincare routine is actually my lip treatment! I use the Grande Cosmetics GrandeLIPS Hydrating Lip Plumper Gloss Clear It is INCREDIBLE!

I hope this was helpful!

~Amy

Sephora PRO

mascara opens the eyes

Hi BIT!  I've been using Brow Struck by Kat Von D in Walnut, but it appears this product is going away.  What product(s) would you suggest as a replacement?  I have used the Kat Von D brow pomade but it's a bit too dense/thick/wet for my taste.  So either a powder product or a dryer wax or pomade product would be ideal.  Thanks so much!

Hello. I have light/fair skin with cool undertones and fair freckles, hazel green eyes and strawberry brunette hair. I’d love to find an eyeshadow kit that accentuates my beautiful eyes that I can wear daily. Plumb or coppers seem to have the prettiest contrasts but it seems like those colors are often paired with warm tones or very dark colors. I’m left with endless shades of pink shimmer which do appeal to my skin color, but I feel like they distract from my eye color or else are not as strong a compliment. Around my eyes I am very fair skin so most shimmer pinks just make me feel “sweet” and young. I have to add eyeliner and smokiness for any definition. Truth be told, I’m looking for a color or colors that are beautiful but bring my eye color to center stage, not the makeup itself. I hope I didn’t over do it with descriptions! Thank you!

Hello I would like to know what hair care products/ shampoo will help extend life of coppery red colors on a brunette 

Hi I was wondering if you can recommend an eyeliner that last in the water line and smooth application?  Thank you Jill 

im 52 and wanting to build confidence I love make up and was told use brushes..what is a good set for face including eyes that's affordable but has it all

@Tamleamunns @You can check out Real Techniques. It’s sold at Ulta. 

Anonymous Insider

Looking for skin products (body and face) for my mother. She's close to 70 and is looking for products for "crepe-y skin". and of course general anti age/ firming. I dont know where to start!

Peace Out Microneedling Anti-Wrinkle Retinol Patches -  Can these be used on the upper lip?  I am a reformed smoker (11 years now)  but can't seem to get the lines around the upper lip to go away.

Hi,  I wanted to know what Fenty Foundation shade is one shade lighter than 360. I can't tell by looking at the color chart! My tan is fading and my face is starting to look too dark for the rest of my body. Thank you

Hello, Will a item be restocked if its on 50% sale for one day? I had it in my cart for a long time then it was sold out just as I was about to purchase.

@nashrah66 I would just keep checking throughout the day and see if it comes back in stock or not.

1 Reply
testing