cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hi! If I use IT cosmetics CC cream in medium, what shade is comparible in Charlotte Tillbury Hollywood Flawless Filter? The shade finder isn't available for this product. Thanks!

I have a foundation question. I’m using MAC 

Studio fix fluid spf15 in nc44  what shade is comparable in the Fenty line?

I am 70 years old. I have worn makeup for a long time. I have frown lines and  wrinkles. What is the best type of foundation to use to cover up and make me look younger. I stopped wearing avon foundation  because it didn't last very long. Cream to powder foundation color is creamy natural. Face powder bare beige.Help please

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector Deep  I have dark eye circles really bad, have for as long as I can remember. What shade of color corrector do I need? 

@collea  What’s your skin tone and what color do your undereye circles look?  (Purple, blue or green?) 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1557416804358.jpg_1557416808101~2.jpeg

 there more like a purple color and I'm on the pale side. Not to pale though. 

@collea   I see both purple and blue in your undereye area which requires a peach shade to correct.  I would go with the fair-pink (which is actually peach) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector Fair 

Hi - I'm 52, fair skinned, not too many wrinkles, combination skin and looking to have coverage to even out my skin tone and blemishes. I used to use heavy compact powder but have been trying a light liquid base (makeup forever ultra HD R210) with laura m translucent powder, nars (radiant creamy concealer light 2) for extra coverup. It seems ok at first, but as the day wears on, it doesn't look as good.  Should I be using a powder set (I think I have an urban decay version)?  Primer always seems too thick or heavy. Or should I be doing something entirely different? Thank you!!!

Hi! 

I just bought Nars Blush in deep throat. Im a little nervous to try it because I broke out terribly from Mac blushes. I had terrible acne across my cheeks that took literally months to go away. Since then I've been using Milani but thought now I'd try something that would last throughout the day. Im wondering if anybody broke out from this and if Nars is less toxic and harsh than Mac? 

I have been using Nars blush for years and adore it.  I have sensitive skin and have never broken out from it and it lasts a very long time.  I usually use Deep Throat and Sin.  I think you will love it!

I need help choosing a shade with the Tom Ford - Traceless Soft Matte Foundation. It says 5.6 Ivory Beige and I have neutral or warm undertones. Is this the right shade? I've tried the shade finder but it's broken when you try to see the results based on other foundations you can match up to. I've tried it on the app and on my browser on a computer. 

Thanks!

--Katie

help! I have rosacea (self diagnosed). Moisturizer irritates my skin turning it beet red and break outs. Now that I’m getting older (52) I need a little moisture. I’ve tried so many products. Suggestions please

@rschimmel   I would check out the Dr Jart Tiger Grass Line.  It’s made specifically for sensitive red skin and is both soothing and helps create a skin barrier to protect it from further stressors;). Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream 

Also, You’re self diagnosed but it can be very beneficial to see a dermatologist to get a prescription for rosacea so it doesn’t get worse.  The earlier you treat it the easier it is to manage;) 

Anonymous Insider

Hi there!   Just wondering what everyone would suggest for a lightweight/sweat proof medium coverage foundation for a person in their 50's.  I don't like to wear a lot of make-up anymore, but still want to look somewhat put together, and we have our daughter's wedding in July of next year, and this mama, doesn't want her face melting down her face. 

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Anonymous Insider

Hi! after using estee lauder double wear for almost 5 years, I would like to try a YSL full coverage foundation. my color was 2C3 Fresco in Estee Lauder. I've tried to match and it suggests BR25 , but there is mentioned pink undertome which I do not lile. i want it with neutral undertone.suggest another shade lease

it probably suggested the pink undertone, since the estee lauder one is cool (pink) toned.

what are some good eyeshadow pallets to practice makeup with?

How do I apply the Anastasia bronzer 

@pginger @This is where you would place it with a powder brush if it’s not liquid or cream 

CD393A98-1571-4A0B-9D5D-9DEE0B31062D.png

1 Reply
testing