cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Charlotte Tilbury airbrush flawless setting spray is to die for!! Very aggressive spray and a lot comes out but it dries like a dream, no little droplets left behind. Takes a bit to dry, but very much worth it! 

I love the EVE LOM cleanser. The smell. The consistency. Everything... BUT the price. I'm curious if there is any other cleanser/cleansing balm that compares??? 

Hello! I’m wanting to try the Nudestix tinted cover. I usually use Juice Beauty 14 Sand. Not sure what shade I would be in Nudestix. Thoughts? 

Hi ! I want to order the new huda beauty foundation stick but the shade finder is not working so I am not sure what colour to get! I am normally mont blanc in Nars Sheer Glow!

Anonymous Insider

What is a skintone id

@Anonymous it's a shade finder to find foundation shades that match your skintone.

Anonymous Insider

Hello, good morning, I would like to know how much I should add in percentage of taxes or if they are already included in the on line prices, I am going to buy in las Vegas

@Anonymous Taxes get added at checkout since they are determined by your locality/state. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank You

Hello,

If I am in shade 210 in Fenty Foundation, would there be a way to see what shades I am in other brands? @MyieshaBD 

@Niseybats Hi there!

Thank you so much for your question! Check out your favorite brands and their alternative shades by visiting the "find your shade" option located under the entire foundation shade range of your choice. Because you know your shade in fenty, you will be able to find a match in most other brands carried at Sephora! I hope this helps!!

Alternatively- you can visit your local Sephora and try out the new MCIQ technology! This new system takes three scans of your face and recommends several other shades based on your skin type, desired coverage and finish! Check them both out!

💄

Eliza

What’s the best brand of eye lash brand to buy for thin and light brows? My hair is natural gray

Hi @jmr77 !

For brows, choose the format that best works for you- I like to recommend a powder because you get soo much control. Bascicall you will load, tap,  and apply the powder using light strokes from the middle of the brow to the tail. Then apply light vertical sketching motions to the inner part of the brow if needed. For the most natural effect try using light pressure and filling only where needed. Brush the powder through the brows to create a blend.

Powder Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo Taupe brow brush SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Brow Brush #20 

brow gel- (brow mascara) Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows Tinted Eyebrow Gel in Taupe - neutral undertones 

brow pencil- SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable EyeBrow Pencil - Waterproof  in 1.25 Neutral Gray Brown

Hopefully this helps!

Eliza

Which fragrance smells like the Sol deJaneiro Bum Bum cream: Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist, SOL Cheirosa '62, or Cheirosa '71 Body Mist?

@23shopaholic Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist out of the 3

Thank you very much for the quick response!

Hello! I use to use make up for ever black matte eyeliner pencil M-10 but it has not been available. I am assuming it was discontinued. I am not good with liquid eyeliner. Can you please suggest a matte black eyeliner pencil that is water proof and doesn’t smudge or run like the one that I used that was discontinued?  I ordered Urban Decay but it runs during the course of the day on me. Can you please suggest something comparable to make up for ever to me?  Many thanks in advanced. Have a great day! Christine 🙂

Hello, I know this is a year later, but in case you were still on the hunt, Make Up For ever has a newer matte black waterproof liner MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Resist Color Pencil Eyeliner in Graphite. 🙂

What is my skin color IQ? Can you just get it based on a picture of me, or does it have to be in person?

@Josi2Cool  Hi there!

To determine your color IQ number visit your local Sephora and use the new and imrpoved Color IQ TECHNOLOGY! This innovative technology invites you to get up close and personal with your skin and takes three photos that will help give your skin a color iq number. The intelligence of the Color IQ looks at your undertone, surface tone and even takes into account your skin type and the desired coverage and finish you are looking for in a complexion product. 

We can't determine your Color IQ from a photo- So stop in and experience color IQ and all that it has to offer!! It's insanely good and can even be customized based on your personal preferences. 

💄

Eliza

1 Reply
testing