cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending Now
|

Ask a Beauty Director

BeautyDirector AMA.png

If you follow Sephora on social media, you've probably seen our Beauty Directors dropping beauty knowledge left and right, interviewing brands, and even dropping into the BIC on occasion! We have two Beauty Directors, @DavidBD and @MyieshaBD, who are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing beauty advice!

We are creating this thread to allow you all to connect with our Beauty Directors here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hello! I’m wanting to try the Nudestix tinted cover. I usually use Juice Beauty 14 Sand. Not sure what shade I would be in Nudestix. Thoughts? 

Hi ! I want to order the new huda beauty foundation stick but the shade finder is not working so I am not sure what colour to get! I am normally mont blanc in Nars Sheer Glow!

What is a skintone id

@MandeeJo it's a shade finder to find foundation shades that match your skintone.

Hello, good morning, I would like to know how much I should add in percentage of taxes or if they are already included in the on line prices, I am going to buy in las Vegas

@Silvia79 Taxes get added at checkout since they are determined by your locality/state. 

Thank You

Hello,

If I am in shade 210 in Fenty Foundation, would there be a way to see what shades I am in other brands? @MyieshaBD 

What’s the best brand of eye lash brand to buy for thin and light brows? My hair is natural gray

Which fragrance smells like the Sol deJaneiro Bum Bum cream: Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist, SOL Cheirosa '62, or Cheirosa '71 Body Mist?

@23shopaholic Brazilian Crush Body Fragrance Mist out of the 3

Thank you very much for the quick response!

Hello! I use to use make up for ever black matte eyeliner pencil M-10 but it has not been available. I am assuming it was discontinued. I am not good with liquid eyeliner. Can you please suggest a matte black eyeliner pencil that is water proof and doesn’t smudge or run like the one that I used that was discontinued?  I ordered Urban Decay but it runs during the course of the day on me. Can you please suggest something comparable to make up for ever to me?  Many thanks in advanced. Have a great day! Christine 🙂

What is my skin color IQ? Can you just get it based on a picture of me, or does it have to be in person?

Hi, I have been struggling to find the right concealer for my dark circles. My dark circles are genetic and there's some discoloration (a slight blue tint). The concealers I have are slightly drying even after prepping the skin. Any good hydrating concealers out there that also have decent everyday coverage. I have the shiseido synchro skin concealer, hourglass airbrush concealer, kosas concealer, clinique even better concealer in mind. Open to other suggestions as well. Thank you! @DavidBD @MyieshaBD

Hi I use Makeup Forever Concealer in "COLOR: Beige 8 - For medium skin with very red undertones". I want to try the foundation, but the colors are all different. The concealer matches my skintone so well so I would like to get as close to this color as possible, but don't want to go into a store right now.

I want to try one of these:

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultra-hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P398321?icid2=products%20grid:p3...

https://www.sephora.com/product/matte-velvet-skin-full-coverage-foundation-P434023?icid2=products%20...

https://www.sephora.com/product/make-up-for-ever-reboot-foundation-P454035?icid2=products%20grid:p45...

Hi! I have the Lancome Drama Matte 505 'Adoration' - what lipliner should I get to go with this? Preferably a reasonably priced one/sephora brand.

Got giorgio armani luminous silk foundation in one shade lighter than suitable, cannot return and cannot get a new one. How to use this wring shade? 

@shiningsars @If it’s too light you can darken it with another foundation 

Hi,

I recently added to my morning skincare routine the Biossance Squalane+Hyaluronic Toning Mist right after cleansing.  I wanted to add the usage of a serum from The Ordinary called "Buffet".  Are these two pretty safe as a combination in my skincare routine?  I have combo skin and the occasional breakouts so you could say I have somewhat sensitive skin.  Thank you in advance for your responses!