cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hi, I have been struggling to find the right concealer for my dark circles. My dark circles are genetic and there's some discoloration (a slight blue tint). The concealers I have are slightly drying even after prepping the skin. Any good hydrating concealers out there that also have decent everyday coverage. I have the shiseido synchro skin concealer, hourglass airbrush concealer, kosas concealer, clinique even better concealer in mind. Open to other suggestions as well. Thank you! @DavidBD @MyieshaBD

Hi I use Makeup Forever Concealer in "COLOR: Beige 8 - For medium skin with very red undertones". I want to try the foundation, but the colors are all different. The concealer matches my skintone so well so I would like to get as close to this color as possible, but don't want to go into a store right now.

I want to try one of these:

https://www.sephora.com/product/ultra-hd-invisible-cover-foundation-P398321?icid2=products%20grid:p3...

https://www.sephora.com/product/matte-velvet-skin-full-coverage-foundation-P434023?icid2=products%20...

https://www.sephora.com/product/make-up-for-ever-reboot-foundation-P454035?icid2=products%20grid:p45...

Hi! I have the Lancome Drama Matte 505 'Adoration' - what lipliner should I get to go with this? Preferably a reasonably priced one/sephora brand.

Got giorgio armani luminous silk foundation in one shade lighter than suitable, cannot return and cannot get a new one. How to use this wring shade? 

@shiningsars @If it’s too light you can darken it with another foundation 

Hi,

I recently added to my morning skincare routine the Biossance Squalane+Hyaluronic Toning Mist right after cleansing.  I wanted to add the usage of a serum from The Ordinary called "Buffet".  Are these two pretty safe as a combination in my skincare routine?  I have combo skin and the occasional breakouts so you could say I have somewhat sensitive skin.  Thank you in advance for your responses!

I recently lost my Bobbi Brown lipgloss from her Yara Shahidi collect, color Spring Bliss. Since it was limited edition I know I can't purchase it again, but I was wondering if there is one that is similar color from Bobbi's original lipglosses?

I used to purchase YSL touche eclat, shade 5.5.  Recently, I purchased this same product (it was the high definition one, if that makes a difference) but the 5.5 shade was MUCH darker than what it was previously.  Did YSL change the shade numbering?  And if so, do you know what the new equivalent number is for the old 5.5 shade?

Thanks!

I have rosacea and am looking for products to help combat my redness. I just ordered The Ordinary's Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%  and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. Are there any tips or tricks that you know of to decrease redness or any other products that might help? Also do you know if these products have been helpful for other client's with rosacea? Thank you for your input!

Hi I seen online that Sephora are offering makeup classes for teens, are y’all still doing that and if so how may I join? 

Hi! 

I'm wanting to purchase the metal Sephora Collection Facial Razor, but I don't see that Sephora sells refills for it. Am I not finding them or will they be for sale in the near future?

Love seeing a low waste option

Hi, what’s the closest lipstick ( preferably Sephora brand) to The Red by Sephora ?

I have been looking at products online but you can’t smell them this way. Do you know if the Karatase products have strong scents? My wife is very sensitive to scents.

Anonymous Insider

Hi. I need some help with my skincare routine order for AM and PM. I would really appreciate any help. Here are the products. I am open to removing duplicate products as well. Thank you so much. I am so lost. 

Gentle cleanser
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner
The Ordinary Caffeine Solution for eyes
The Ordinary Matrixyl Solution
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
SPF Moisturizer
PM Moisturizer
Sunday Riley The High-Dose Retinoid Serum
Sunday Riley The C.E.O Serum
Sunday Riley The Auto Correct Eye Cream
Sunday Riley The Good Genes Lactic Acid Treatment

I also have these masks which I do once a week each.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2%
The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Hi I've been using Urban Decay Naked Skin for a couple years now in shade 3.25 and I really want to try the Nars Soft Matte Complete Foundation. I think I should be shade Vallaurius? I'm also interested in trying the Nars Radiant Cream Concealer but have no idea what shade I'd be? I like to use my concealer for brightening under eyes and covering dark spots, if this isn't the best option for me I'm open to other suggestions!

Anonymous Insider

Hello, I would like yo know if You have the ordinary products available in the store?

@Anonymous You can check the product pages of the specific items you're interested in. For the US, The Ordinary is online only- it states that right under the picture. I believe, though, that some Canadian stores do have the products in physical stores so you should see a "Find in Store" link on the product page. 

Hi
I've used this for a while now and I'm wondering why I can't order it from Canada anymore? Is there a similar product from a different line that you could recommend?
CLINIQUE
Turnaround Daytime Revitalizing Moisturizer
SIZE 1.7 oz/ 50 mLITEM 1677244

COLOR: Rosy Glow

Hi there. I currently use NARS Sheer Glow foundaton in Oslo. I am interested in trying the new It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better foundation, but the online shade finder isn't working for me. Could you please tell me what shade I would be in the It cosmetics? Thank you!

What color do you recommend for Selena gomez rare beauty for me?  My color skin is like a Jennifer Lopez

Trying to find the right shade.

Hello! I received a card with samples of Bobbi Brown long-wear foundation. The color "Sand N-032" is too light and "W-046 Warm Beige" is very close but is slightly too dark. Is there a color that is near the Warm Beige color in tone but is slightly lighter?

This is foundation in a bottle

testing