cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

Hi, I have bad hormonal acne. Also, my skin tends to get really oily quickly, producing excess oil, what can I do to treat this? I am looking for an acne cleanser, treatment, and moisturizer set.

Wanted to know if the powder puff that comes in the new Selena compact with oil blotting papers goes on with a shimmer or glittery look on the skin. I did see it in person and swiped it on my arm and it looked shimmery, but I didn’t try on the face. I would not want it to look shimmery on the face. Thanks

Is the former Beauty Talk now part of this community page?

Hey @MJOBS! Yes, what was formerly known as Beauty Talk is now the Beauty Insider Community. Check out the Community Homepage and the Getting Started menu on the right side for help navigating around if you need it! 😊 If you're looking for a particular topic, use the search bar at the top of the homepage or browse one of our groups here.

Hi, I wanted to know if charlotte tilbury mini magic cream would cause acne and can it be used as a daily moisturizer? I have a combination skin

My 15 year old has oily skin and blackheads. Any suggestions

Hello @wmmjwm07 ! I’m no professional, but I’ve had amazing experience with Proactiv! Proactiv Proactiv+ 3-Step System, 30 Day Introductory Size . I would also recommend this detoxifying mask GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 g ! I hope this helps 😊

Hello, 

Looking for a good skin care routine set. 

Im 38 , i dont really have any major concerns. just looking for something to help with hydration and the beginning of fine lines. 

thanks 

My beauty rewards suddenly dissapeared from my account. App asks me to join beauty insider when I was already a VIB. Can someone help? Please and thank you 

#customersupport

@bekerangie The website is undergoing maintenance.  I saw the message when I was trying to checkout.  

Our Beauty Insider program is undergoing maintenance. Your points and status may be affected during this window but will be reinstated soon, including any purchases made during the maintenance window.

@SportyGirly125 I didn't know that there was a website update. I was wondering why one thing looked different than usual, but I didn't think about it much. I can't wait to see all of the changes!

@bekerangie it's been happening to me too. When I go to Sephora's website, it asks me to sign in again.

I have been using Smashbox’s Camera Ready bb cream. As it’s currently sold out, can you please recommend another brand? I like the coverage, and have fair, sensitive skin. Thanks! 

I’m 70 years old but need a new tinted moisturizer and new eyeliner, also eye shadow. I use very little at a time, usually some pink and brown. My hair is white, blue eyes, fair coloring. Help!

Hello, could you please recommend a foundation as I have fair, acne prone, redness and dry skin. I currently use urban decay all nighter foundation and I like the coverage but after an hour my skin becomes so dry and my face looks horrible I cant even wear it. (can see all the dryness on my skin) before I put my foundation on I put on lotion and makeup forever primer AND even use tarte sea 4 in 1 setting mist. NOTHING works and I want the coverage. Can you please recommend something else that might work

I have been using Nars Soft Matte concealer for years.  I use Vanilla Light 2 yet now when I went to order there is no option as to Light 1 or Light 2.  Light 1, which I own in the tube version, is too light for most of the year and Light 2 is perfect 90% of the time.  So looking at the current color charts I can't tell if the Vanilla listed is either 1 or 2 or somewhere in between.

Anonymous Insider

Best Detangler, in general? Or a combo?

Super matted & thick!

Hello! I am wearing Tarte Babassu Fondcealer in 34N and need to go down a shade since my skin has lightened up since Summer. What would be recommended? Thx!

Anonymous Insider

Still unsure which color concealer for the old R20 makeup forever? 

Do you still sell the light/medium of the Josie Maran matchmaker serum foundation? I see fair/light and medium/dark but not the light/medium to order! 

I was getting a kit monthly and being billed I lost my credit card can I sign up for that again

@lainestancliff The Play subscription box was discontinued earlier this year.

1 Reply
testing