cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Ask a Beauty Expert

Ask a Beauty ExpertAsk a Beauty Expert

If you know your way around the Beauty Insider Community, chances are you’ve seen a few of our Sephora Pro Artists sharing their looks on the Gallery and dropping their beauty routines in some of our favorite challenge threads.  @ElizaPRO@ShawnPRO, and @ProAmy are Makeup Artists with years of industry experience with a bounty of product knowledge to share. These beauty geniuses are subject matter experts and they give life-changing advice on how to build your basket and put your haul to good use!

We've created this thread to allow you all to better connect with our Sephora Pro Artists here in the BIC! This is a place for you to ask them ANYTHING beauty-related. Don't forget to bookmark this thread by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of this thread. It will come in handy for those moments you wish you had a beauty expert on speed dial for questions like "is it a good idea to layer these skincare products?" or "what's the best brush for my foundation routine?"

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below!

Re: Ask a Beauty Director

I'm wondering what's the best way to find your winter shade? I use SEPHORA COLLECTION Bright Future Gel Serum Under Eye Concealer 11 Tatin  during the summer. 

I am trying to figure out if I should use M1 or M2 of Bite Beauty Cosmetics Changemaker Flexible Coverage Pressed Powder if I use M70 of the liquid foundation from same company?  Because I can't test it in store I don't know which to pick.  My color IQ is 2Y08.  Thanks!  

I have combination skin, at least I think I do! 
It’s mostly really dry on/around my nose and forehead and chin, but ends up

super greasy by the end of the day. So when I wear foundation is looks flakey. This happens even when I use moisturizer. 
How should I go about this and what products do

you recommend! I should specify I would

prefer a light coverage that looks natural, that’s still buildable. Something just to even out my skin. 

Anonymous Insider

Hi, I used to wear Make up forever invisible concealer Y20 or R20? What shade should I order now? #ultrahd

I’m looking for the best skin cleansing routine for uneven skin. I had bad acne from age 13-20. I’m almost thirty and still have uneven skin, but only get a couple of pimples here and there once a month. what’re the easiest routines to get rid of that uneven skin? Also, I use FitMe foundation by Maybeline, and my bumps show thru. Any recommendations on another “not so expensive” foundatio

thanks

@FaeSpeaks you can use Mario Badescu Drying Lotion 1 oz/ 29 mL as a spot treatment for the few pimples you do get.

A lower cost foundation is the SEPHORA COLLECTION Matte Perfection Full Coverage Foundation 26 Peach which is full coverage, which covers all imperfections. I can't find any cheaper on here. I have used it before though and my face looks flawless.

Hello.  I know you carry the wishes Advent Calendar.  Is there anyway to order the luxury Avent calendar.  I have 6 girls and they would love it.  Thank you 

When something is listed as out of stock, such as the Volition Beauty Helix AM/PM Eye Gel, item #1976497, how long does it take to become available for online purchase? Is there any way I can be notified when it becomes available?

@rothey I don't see a restock date for our US site at this time and we do not have email notification available. I would recommend checking back or checking your local store for availability. 

Hello, 

Can you please let me know what happened to the Sephora brand waterproof liquid liner that comes in a small bottle. I can’t find it anywhere!

Thank you!

Hello, I brought Clean Reserve perfume. I sprayed it in my neck and it BURNED me awful!
i do not have sensitive skin, this has NEVER happened to me before. It is painful, red and swollen, this is awful. For starters... I want a full refund and restitution!

7C69D0CC-950D-4E0B-9336-2DE41121671D.jpeg140137E4-5F7A-4592-8A05-6924B8EBA167.jpeg

@Dynette999 You can return it in-store or online (depending on how you purchased it). Here's the page detailing the return policy:

https://www.sephora.com/beauty/returns-exchanges

Hi, I am in need of some help! I have tried many high end foundations for my combo skin, I have hyperpigmentation I need to cover or at least cover some, and have dry patchesI am currently working on. And need something that doesn’t stick. And looks good. I am over 50 so need a good one. Also any help for the dry patches above my mouth would help as well. Thank you!!

Hi, I am in need of some help! I have tried many high end foundations for my combo skin, I have hyperpigmentation I need to cover or at least cover some, and have dry itches I am currently working on. And need something that doesn’t stick. And looks good. I am over 50 so need a good one. Also any help for the dry patches above my mouth would help as well. Thank you!!

I am a 44 year old male, and I have pale skin. I have a bit of a reddish completion, but I feel like when I am on a Zoom meeting I look really pinkish/red, almost like I am blushing on camera. I have never worn makeup, so my knowledge level is zero. I am looking for a solution - either a skin care routine to reduce redness, or some sort of makeup to take the redness out of my face on camera.

@neillybop   Depending on how often you’re on camera there are a few options.  

red is neutralized by green so a green concealer in your redder areas covered by a foundation in your skin tone is an option.  
You can also use color theory to change your background to something that will pull the attention of the camera away from the red tones in your skin (if this is strictly a camera issue and not

something that bothers you in person). Cameras are attracted to primary colours which is a reason why people can seem off when the pixel count is low.   For a cool toned person this would be a good solution for example. ..

EE4B1E3F-CECF-473A-8EA7-01719E6AAB4F.jpeg

you can also use green and blue lighting to neutralize redness on camera. 

Also your webcam should have a control where you can control the white balance or shift the colors on your screen.  

I want to use the lightest weight foundation possible, so it looks sheer and natural.  I don't have the patience to use layers of products to get photography ready looks.  :O)

I have found best matching foundation colors in Estee Lauder and Clinique.  Tan skin with yellow undertones, I think.  

I use Mary Kay skincare and don't want to change that, unless something comparable and costs less!  I'm 75 years old and conservative with makeup but want to look my best, please.

THank you, Gwen75

I am looking for stellar brilliant primer- is this out of stock? What is another primer with the same texture/ base?

PLEASE HELP ME OBI MAKEUP KENOBI. YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE. 

I'm looking for a tinted moisturizer that is long-lasting and hydrating.

I have extremely dry skin, so I can't wear anything with hyaluronic acid or sodium hyaluronate (it will only dry me out worse in the long run). I need something that remains somewhat hydrating/moisturizing for 24 hour coverage. Medium to full coverage is best, as I also have redness and dark spots. 

I currently wear KVD Lock-It Foundation, and it works wonderfully. I just want something less heavy and more natural looking. What is a good tinted moisturizer equivalent? 

Hi @TeamBIC ! So, I've had acne for a couple years, and I finally found a brand that worked for me: Proactiv. I've been using it since the beginning of June. Proactiv recommends exfoliating every day, but I've read lots about how you shouldn't exfoliate every day. What should I do? I've been exfoliating every day because the company recommends doing that. just wondering if you had any advice, it would be very much appreciated 🙂

Hi beautiful people 🙂 I hope everyone is doing great and being safe out there. 

Ok, I love sephora and will always love sephora, but I have a habit of thinking too much and trying to find the right skincare products for myself, I use to use Ole Henriksen products and other brands. Right now I am trying to find the product for the type of skin I have, I am oily to combination skin and my eyes are terrible now since I work 2 jobs, and my puffiness on my eye area is not cool. lol.. I am looking into fine lines and wrinkles, puffiness and would be perfect to find a good product to make my skin look bright.  working 2 jobs is hard especially my sleep schedule is bad. I hope you can help me out 🙂 I appreciate it. THANK YOU and have a wonderful safe day 🙂  @DavidBD  @MyieshaBD 

testing