Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

April Favorites

I cannot believe that May is already here! I have been falling in love with so many new products so wanted to start an April Favorite thread to talk about everyone's favorite products they used last month. 

This thread is a place to share your favorite products, from long-time holy-grails to new products that surprised you. 

Which products  were you loving the most in April? Show & tell!

Re: April Favorites

Thank you @yankeefaithful!! I have to be fair and say most of that glow is from applying the liquid Becca Shimmering perfector under my tinted moisturizer on the high points. I like how it gives a glow thats appropriate for work and Friday night cocktails!

@Aaliaa Wow that works really great for you!!! I have it as well but I have super curly hair and I feel like it takes me just as long as the flat iron 

Thanks @Kim888! I find this easier to get the kinks at the back of my head out compared to a straightener other then being faster. What temp do you use it at? I think a higher temp then the preset could work better for curly hair.

@Aaliaa i've been using it on 410 so pretty hot! it definitely does the job and I feel like it uses less heat overall which is nice but it deff wasn't a time saver for me. I still use it - it gives a more naturally straight look as opposed to a flat iron 

Some of my faves are carryovers from last month, some new discoveries, and some ol' reliables.

For makeup I am loving the Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara sample, I've used full tubes before, and forgot how good it is. I'm newly obsessed with the Pale Fire color in the Pat McGrath La Vie en Rose palette, it is so pretty. On my lips, I've worn mostly the Bite Agave lip Mask and Charlotte Tillbury English Beauty.

I'm still loving the Drunk Elephant Babyfacial and Glycolic Night Serum. They help my skin feel smooth, when I remember to use them consistently. I also needed a lot of extra moisture, so I have added Koh Gen Do Oriental Plants Lotion and Sunday Riley Juno Oil back into my routine. They are both longtime favorites. With the Juno oil, one must accept they will smell of salad dressing for a minute though! I'm fine with it, as my skin likes the oils so much

https://www.sephora.com/product/mthrshp-subversive-la-vie-en-rose-eyeshadow-palette-P429406

https://www.sephora.com/product/t-l-c-sukari-babyfacial-P415777?skuId=1912385&icid2=products%20grid:...

https://www.sephora.com/product/t-l-c-framboos-tm-glycolic-night-serum-P392246

https://www.sephora.com/product/oriental-plants-lotion-ii-P386201?skuId=1610054&icid2=products%20gri...

https://www.sephora.com/product/juno-hydroactive-cellular-face-oil-P309306?skuId=1418607&keyword=jun...

Hair: verb ghost oil, living proof no frizz styling cream

Makeup: Lancome teint idole foundation stick, bare minerals illuminating mineral veil.

Skincare: Clinique take the day off cleansing oil, Ren rose centfolia cleansing balm, biossance vitamin c rose oil, fresh rose hydration cream, caudalie eye lifting balm

@jen81 we have a love of favorites in common! The Lancome Teint Idole Foundation Stick is my favorite I need to use it more! 

April Favorites

I love love love the Boscia Tsubaki collection! I'm a big picker and this stuff has made my skin look perfect and helps with scaring. Milk Makeup liquid blur foundation was my special spring fling that's going to blossom relation that will last all summer long!

@gogabbynow do you use everything from the Tsubaki line? Any favorites that should be on my radar 🙂

April Favorites

I only really fell inlove with La Mer The Powder in April. I wish I didn't, the price tag is hefty, but it's technically a skin care item. Oh there was also the Viseart Tryst palette, I wear it almost daily. So pigemented 🖤

My favorite products for April- there is a rose gold and nude theme going on here. I am obsessed with rose gold right now. ❤️

Soft Glam- I am reaching for this almost daily, it is my favorite palette.

Smashbox Vlada Highlighter in Rosemantic- I am actually using this as blush, on my skin it is the most perfect rose gold shimmer I have ever found.

YSL Tint in Balm (Dream Me Nude) and Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire (Beige Lingerie)- The best pinky nude my lips but better colors.

Jo Malone Wood Sage and Sea Salt Cologne- The most beautiful fresh fragrance, seriously, this is Summer in a bottle! ❤️ My favorite Sephora promo code redemption of all time! I will buy the full size when this one is gone.

6D10D510-7AD8-40EA-A47D-1D1A6B015D07.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

I want all of the rose gold items but don’t want to spend a huge amount of money to find out that it doesn’t work for me

@angel7594 - I love the Soft Glam palette!

Love this thread! Thanks, @KatieBT!

My three notable favorites from April are all relatively new items for me.

1. Drunk Elephant Babyfacial - this stuff really lives up to the hype! I've used many chemical exfoliates in my face's lifetime, and this one is by far the best. Each morning after using, my skin is so soft and fresh. The Sephora Favorites set is a great way to try it out!

2. Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment - full disclosure, I received this from the BIC Community as a gratis package. But, this is amazing as a primer to cover up redness. I've been using it a lot as "no makeup makeup" by itself. The jar is going to last forever - you don't need much product!

3. Fenty Beauty Match Stix Matte Skinstick in Amber - I use this stick to contour and it has made my morning routine so much faster. I didn't use to contour every day; i just felt it took too long and sometimes made me look too "makeup-y". This product looks so natural (I have a light skintone) and melt right into the skin.

@scott1201 - I use the Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment for covering redness too.  It does such a good job.  I've had the jar for around a year and use it every day, but I've barely made a dent in it!

Great thread!

My current favorite products:

Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Foundation: My absolute, favorite HG foundation. It gives my combo skin a matte finish and I receive compliments every time I wear this foundation. No other foundation does that for me.

Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm: This is the best at removing all of my makeup and I mean ALL OF IT, including waterproof mascara. 

BareMinerals Blush in Golden Gate: This blush color is a classic and I've been wearing this shade for almost a decade (how many people can say they still wear the same blush color for that long?!). It gives that perfect, rosey, healthy flush glow that we all want and it works for so many different types of looks.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

RE: April Favorites

I love Tatcha and glad that I got a sample of the new primer. I loved it and will be purchasing the full size. I also got the new FAB tinted moisturizer with SPF. Good products for summer.

I was traveling for 2 weeks in April, and during that time I kept products to a minimum in an effort to save time, and to also give my skin a chance to reset! Here's what I loved in April for different reasons:

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 50 - I started wearing sunscreen religiously in March, because I felt that maybe the SPF 15 from my Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer wasn't enough. I've had some horrible rashes from chemical sunscreen so I prefer those that are only physical, or partially physical. I finished a deluxe size of this and really, really like it. I'm trying out the Josie Maran SPF 47 now which has no chemical sunscreen to see which I like better, then I'll be buying a full size of something.

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Cream - When I got an odd rash on my face, this helped the rash fade. I suspected my skin was maybe too dry from coming home to a semi-arid climate, and knowing that tigergrass has a soothing effect, I decided to use this. It worked! It didn't heal overnight but I saw significant improvementthe morning after applying this.

Josie Maran Moonstone highlighting drops - I actually use a drop or two mixed with my face oil to add radiance. I loved the deluxe size so much, I bought a full size during the VIB sale.

That's it... I haven't fiddled around with my routine too much and the new products I've been trying haven't been loves...

Makeup: 

Marc Jacobs New Nudes Gel Lipstick in Moody Margret is my new holy grail nude. 

I've been re-loving my Lancome Tient Idole and Hourglass Vanish stick foundations. 

I've been on a search for the perfect primer for my skin and so far I really like Cover FX Blurring Primer, Tatcha Silk Canvas, and Hourglass Mineral Veil. The HG has, sadly, not yet been found but these are all great 

Skincare: 

Tatcha has recently stolen my heart (and my bank account) I've been falling for the line for sometime but these three products are now HG status: The Deep Cleanse, Camilla Cleansing Oil, and Rice Enzyme Powder in Deep.

I also recently added a few Drunk Elephant products to the line up: T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial, Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil, and C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream.

I've added a few other things to my skin care this month but the jury is still out on those. 

Other: There's a lot of these so I will cut to the chase and just list them.

• Pravana: the Perfect Blonde shampoo & conditioner
  • Sexy Hair: Healthy Sexy Hair shampoo
  • Alterna: Caviar Moisture Replenishing conditioner
  • Sol De Janeiro: Bum Bum cream & Brazilian Touch hand cream
  • YSL: Mon Paris perfume 
  • Briogeo: Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask &  Don't Despair, Repair! Strength + Moisture Leave-In Mask

April was still FREEZING in Chicago, so my skin was seriously so dry from having winter for like 6 months here (it started snowing in November)! The one thing that saved my skin was Dr. Jart's Ceramidin Liquid and Cream. I'm obsessed with this stuff, and I can wear the liquid during the day under my makeup since it's so thin (almost like a serum/toner). And the cream leaves my skin SO plump and hydrated the next day when I wear it at night. This pair is my new HG for keeping my skin from drying out.

Makeup: 

I've been loving my wander beauty Wanderlust Powder Foundation - It's the smoothest powder foundation I've ever tried! 

I've also been re-loving my Tarte Colorsplash Lipsticks now that it's spring! I love the finish and how hydrating they are! 

I've also been loving the new Natasha Denona Duo Glow - it's so glowy and pretty!

Skin Care: 

definitely the Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser - it's non drying and really gets the job done!

Also still loving my Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil - It's the only thing my hormonal acne likes for some reason 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • IMG_2311.JPG
  • 6D10D510-7AD8-40EA-A47D-1D1A6B015D07.jpeg
  • Before
  • After
testing