Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Testing Foundation Newness & OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face! (EDIT: Beautyblender Bounce Liquid Whip Long Wear Foundation

newness.jpg

Okay, so full disclosure: I am normally a tinted moisturizer, cc cream kind of girl. So when @KatieBT suggested I try out this new full-coverage foundation, I was a little nervous. Leave my lazy girl beauty routine behind? NEVAH!

But I broke out of my comfort zone and went home with a few lab samples of this super top-secret newness and finally took the plunge this morning. And WOW. THE HYPE IS (GOING TO BE) REAL, BIC! The texture of this foundation is unlike anything Iโ€™ve ever used. To me it almost feels like more of a tinted moisturizer, which is absolutely unheard of for 24-hr wear. It goes on very smoothly and I will say: a little bit goes a long way, which also appeals to my wannabe budget sensibilities. When I applied this morning, I probably went a little lighter in terms of how much product I used, but I honestly feel like it was more of a medium to full coverage foundation. A perfect step up for someone like me!  Iโ€™ve now had it on my face for 3 hours and while you can still see my freckles and birthmarks, I am much less red and shiny than I would normally be.

Oh AND ever since @Aaliaa and @Guessgal told us that Mario Dedivanovic uses half a tube of concealer, I have been doing the same. Spoiler: NOT NEEDED WITH THIS FOUNDATION. These Sicilian dark circles required half the amount of concealer. Itโ€™s a miracle, really.

IT'S HERE! Beauty Blender has finally unveiled their new #BounceWorthy Liquid Whip Long Wear Foundation:

beauty blender foundatio.png

Anyway, the texture of this foundation is so new and amazing, it moved me to write a few haikus with clues about whatโ€™s to come:

First hint:

velveteen.png

Second hint:liquid whip.png

Third and final hint:

bounce.png

**Can you guess which brand is coming out with some foundation newness?**

RE: Re: ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

I had some time to kill yesterday so I went to the beautyblender bodega pop-up shop in NYC. It was only open for 2 days (7/25 - 7/26 with a VIP invite only event on 7/24) so sadly it's gone but I wanted to share my experience anyway. Full disclosure, I had little to no intention of buying the foundation. I mainly wanted to see the shade range in person and get a feel for the product. I was shade matched to 2 shades, 2.50 & 3.25, both in the neutral family. The gentleman that color matched meexplained that the shades are mostly driven by undertone. The two shades I tried were indistinguishable on and the line is super medium heavy. I'd hoped that the range would look better in person but alas, nope. Ifell in both the medium and medium + groups and while I'm still clinging to the vestiges of my vacation tan, I would never call myself medium +. I didn't have the foundation on long but it was very lightweight and comfortable. Like @LexBT said, I would consider this medium to full coverage and the feel is quite nice. I know Rea Ann, the founder, has stated that they are expanding the range and I hope it's very soon andwell thought-out, not just some random light & deep shades thrown in the appease the masses.

If you can see the difference, please share. Sorry if you saw my giant face before I edited the post!If you can see the difference, please share. Sorry if you saw my giant face before I edited the post!

The same as what's on the Sephora page, just a different layout.The same as what's on the Sephora page, just a different layout.

RE: ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

The shade range is limited in this collection. For deep and medium tones we have only 4 shades. The shades are limited for light. Itโ€™s hard to consider brands that donโ€™t consider you.

Re: RE: ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

@KNC24@ Yep, I was excited about this until I saw the shade map. Never mind ๐Ÿšฎ

Re: ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

OMG! I can't wait to try this - it looks great!

Re: ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

This product sounds so awesome. I cant wait to try it out.

That is quite an unexpected but interesting looking release. I was thinking more of a cream/mousse type of product. The applicator is a unique idea. I would check it out once it is in stores.

Wow I was wayyyyyy off lol ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I will still order despite the hate its already getting online. Gotta try it for myself!!!

The form factor of this looks really neat! Love the innovation happening. Bummer about the shade range, though ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ‘Ž

@fieldsofclover This is definitely the most innovative packaging Iโ€™ve seen in a while! I wish all my foundations came with a โ€œdipping space.โ€ I find having a foundation palette an extra piece of clutter. I love dual+ purpose design โ˜บ๏ธ

that dispenser is such a good idea! I normally put my foundation on my hand before i dab some on my skin or tap a sponge in it, this means i'll have less waste because it won't be all absorbed in my skin

RE: ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

@LexBT This is a great concept! Love this idea โค๏ธ of combining a foundation and a BB together with a dispenser that allows a non messy blending area!

I had no idea BB was making a foundation! I'm excited to hear more about it

ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

Wow! I can't wait to see more about this and maybe get a sample. I never would have thought it was BB. It totally makes sense though.

ATTN: Testing Foundation Newness and OMG, It's Unlike Anything I've Ever Put on My Face!

Oh wow!! I was not expecting it to be by Beautyblender!! So excited!!

I can't wait to try this.  Your skin looks incredible @LexBT and the description sound right up my alley!

IT'S HERE!!! Beauty Blender has changed the game with their new #BounceWorthy Liquid Whip Long Wear Foundation. 

beauty blender foundatio.png

I love the design of this! I usually use a palette for my bb cream and I've made less of a mess and wasted less product, so this seems like a great idea. Hopefully the formula works well with my skin because it sounds great!

So cool @LexBT! I like the unique packaging of the foundation. Hoping this will be in store so I can try it out! โค๏ธ

This is exciting @LexBT!! And it makes perfect sense ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’• I canโ€™t wait to try the foundation with my Beauty Blender ๐Ÿ˜

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • velveteen.png
  • newness.jpg
  • liquid whip.png
  • liquid whip.png
  • bounce.png
  • bounce.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 10.51.01 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.47.40 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.47.32 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.47.24 AM.png
  • beauty blender foundatio.png
  • beauty blender foundatio.png
  • If you can see the difference, please share. Sorry if you saw my giant face before I edited the post!
  • The same as what's on the Sephora page, just a different layout.
testing