Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

88 Off. Lol

How did this happen? Lol

Re: 88 Off. Lol

I feel bad for the developers and QA involved that failed to miss this because it is a HUGE bug. 

This mess is the direct result of a lazy programmer. You had to generate 100 codes, instead of making one easy to remember/easy to abuse code?! It's shocking. And I guarantee they lost their job over it - that's a HUGE messup.

But aside from that, I've seen people who tried to use it, had their order cancelled, and moved on. I understand that. I DON'T understand the "I'm boycotting Sephora, I'm rouge, how can you do this to me?!?" Umm because it wasn't for you? Geez.

Is it bad that I don't feel sorry for those people who orders got cancelled? This is Sephora, guys-when have they ever given such a deep discount like this?  I read  of people creating fake email address to make multiple purchases and other shenanigans. 

This is a code that was shared that wasn't supposed to be shared. Was it on Sephora's website? I don't see  how they can be held liable for a code that appeared  on another website even though it worked for a while on their website (probably because all the legitimate owners of the code hadn't used it yet). Going forward, all Sephora codes should be a unique one time use code 

It sounds like Sephora should have given the 100 lucky winners each a one time use code unique to them, or set the winners up as a unique group like the people who have a Play sub or who are Rouge who are given opportunities to redeem codes unique to them or their group. 

While I have no problem with Sephora cancelling the orders of those who used a code they were never intended to have and that wasn't made public by Sephora, I do think that Sephora needs to take a step back and realize that in this age of social media (which they heavily rely on for their branding and marketing!) that any code provided will get around.  They have some culpability in this situation by not using some common sense.  

While Sephora does not technically "owe" anyone for their "inconvenience"--People need to start reading fine print and following the rules themselves to begin with!--I do believe service recovery 101 would imply that Sephora should offer a small token.  Perhaps give them all 100 extra points so they can choose a deluxe sample with their next order. 

This is yet another situation where an apology and transparency explaining why the orders were cancelled in a public statement as well as an email to each affected customer would go a long way in retention.  Those who still decide to take their money elsewhere aren't necessarily customers worth retaining.  There is no point throwing good money at bad.

I'm also going to say this is the second fairly major screw up with the marketing and/or I/T department in as many months (last months fiasco with the Play! boxes shipping very late and not containing what the email said they would) and if I were at the helm, there would be some significant accountability expectations.  

@blondiemomof2 This was a part of the Lucky Red promotion. From those who used the Lucky red promo, or mailed in for the coupon, were eligible to win 1 of 100 codes for $88 off a $100 purchase. I may be incorrect, but it seems like some of those people who won the code shared it, and suddenly everyone thought they could use this code when  it was originally only intended for those 100 lucky winners. It's understandable that Sephora wouldn't be able to honour all those trying to redeem the coupon, and that there was such a wide miscommunication regarding this promo.

"Coupon Prize: Each Coupon Prize consists of a unique one-time use coupon code for $88 CAD off an eligible online merchandise purchase of at least $100 CAD (before taxes) at www.sephora.ca, between January 24, 2019 at 12:01 AM and February 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. There are 100 Coupon Prizes available to be won at the outset of the Contest. The number of Coupon Prizes available will be reduced as they are won over the course of the Contest Period. The odds of winning a Coupon Prize are 1 in 2000. The value of each Coupon prize is CAD$88."

For more information on the promo I've shared the link to the lucky red FAQ's. 

https://m.sephora.com/luckyred?icid2=bd_luckyred_011419_promo_image_ca

It worked for me, even got an order confirmation, but they cancelled my order... too good to be true. Would have been nice to give Rouge a lil something something for the inconvenience. 😛

That code wasn't meant for anyone besides the few people that won the Lunar New Year promotion. It got around and maybe it worked for some people but it wasn't intended to and I don't think all these people in an uproar have anything to be upset about. Of course they cancelled the orders! When has Sephora ever offered $88 off $100? I've been Rouge for years now and the most we get is 20% off after spending over $1k per calendar year. Almost 90% off an order of $100 is one of those "if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is". 

What's 88 off @blondiemomof2 ? Sounds like a really good deal!

RE: 88 Off. Lol

Such a bad PR move for Sephora. 🤣
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing