Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

teambic practing self-care rituals.jpg

As the New Year unfolds and we adjust back into our daily hectic routines it is important to remember to pause, take a break, and take care of ourselves as well. This year my biggest goal is to practice more self-care rituals. After all, beauty starts from within!

As a way to commit, hold each other accountable, and ultimately help each other take care of ourselves, we thought it would be fun to do a weekly self-care check-in, by choosing one ritual and reporting back weekly with our progress.

Now, I know most of us are busy people, but dedicating time for ourselves can be as simple and effective as:

1. A morning meditation, and/or nightly adaptogenic drink (may we suggest FOUR SIGMATIC - Golden Latte Mushroom Mix with Shiitake & Turmeric or FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix with Reishi )
  2. Better sleep! Committing to getting a full night's sleep 1 night/week, and sticking to an earlier bedtime.
  3. Waking up! Get up after that first alarm so you’re less rushed in the morning and have more time to mentally prepare for the day!
  4. Be active - get to yoga 1/week or go for an early morning run before work.
  5. Skincare - masking on a weekly basis, getting a facial, or remembering to remove your makeup every night!
  6. “Me time!” Embrace the FOGO (fear of going out), read that book you've been wanting to pick up
  7. Make healthier choices - adding more fruits and veggies to your meals.
  8. YOU PICK! You know yourself better than we do, so if we missed something please share how *you* want to take care of yourself. Just don’t forget to check in with us! 😊

This thread will be a place to talk about your weekly self-care check-ins, share how you’re feeling about your progress, recommend/talk about products you’re using, and share your self-care tips and tricks.

Reply below to tell us which self-care ritual you’re committing to!

*EDIT 4/2:

Hello everyone, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe! Given the times, we may just need this thread more than ever so we wanted to add in extra self-care goals now that many of us are spending more time at home or are going into the world helping others. Here are some additional ideas for taking care of yourself. We challenge you to try a few of these and share your wins on this thread!

1. Stick to your routine: Maybe it's putting on your favorite outfit instead of PJs or doing your makeup/hair in the morning! Snap an OOTD and share it here.
  2. Staying active: This could be as easy as one 10-minute workout video each week or dusting off your yoga mat. Let’s see that at-home gym or virtual workout class!
  3. Setting up your space: Are you reading, eating, sleeping, working out, and BIC-ing in the same spot? Try to establish devoted spaces for all of your activities.  
  4. Stay social: Set up virtual face-time with your loved ones and maybe spend some extra time here in the BIC!
  5. Spring Cleaning: Try reorganizing your home, bedroom, or simply going through your stuff to declutter your space. If you reorganize your beauty space we would love to see a before and after photo here!
  6. Take on a new hobby or learn a new skill: Master that smokey eye you’ve always wanted to. Maybe even learn a new language or instrument!
  7. Do your own nails - no nail salon? No problem. Let’s see that at-home mani once you’re done – no worries if it isn’t perfect.

What are you doing for self-care? We are open to all advice and want to congratulate you on your little wins!

RE: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

After being in quarantine for 6 days already, and between managing my kid and remotely work from my home (job is not a work from home kinda thing) I’ve been doing amping up my skincare routine with more sheet masks and at home foot spa. I’ve also been doing random eyeshadow looks just to pass the time. Makeup is my zen What can I say. Hope everyone stays safe, healthy and sane

Re: RE: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

@idanyd color me inspired - how am I just not realizing how desperately I need a foot spa? To the internet I go!

Re: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

This may not be the place to post this, but I wanted to say thank you to Sephora (it kind of involves self care). I have a friend that works at my local Sephora that has MS and is currently going to law school (so super stressful). I'm really proud of her as she balances her work load and trying to take care of herself as best as she can. Since Sephora is closing their stores to help keep their employees safe AND still paying them (HUGE applause there) I wanted to say thank you for looking after everyone's well being especially for your SA's that may have other health issues. We became friends when I started shopping at my local Sephora. The bond over makeup and the latest skincare was instant. I'm not naming her as I don't have her permission, but thanks to everyone at Sephora who had a hand in this. I have made friends with a lot of the SA's there and what better self care at the moment is there other than to self quarantine, connect and have fun online, spend time with your family, and play with all the makeup and skincare that most of us have a nice pile of (no shame whatsoever lol).  Sending love to everyone out there - we will get thru this <3. Plus with this added time that some of us have we have a wonderful chance to play with makeup looks, new skincare, and mask the night away! That's how I'm doing self care right now plus I've been able to catch up on some reading and it wouldn't be complete without a little bit of Netflix and chill ;). Virtual hugs and the next mask I'm going to try is the FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask I know I'm late to the party on this one :D.

Trying times call for chill pills while listening to Studio Ghibli soundtracks (I love Cat Trumpet on Spotify, he plays piano and harp beautifully!). 

OUAI - Chill Pills

I love the scent of these bath bombs and they leave the skin super soft - they might leave an oily/slippy film on the bathtub though.

I love the scent of these @Cyncynn!❤️

@faeriegirl Me too! I wish they started making body splashes!

@Cyncynn, I LOVE bath bombs!! I will need to buy this immediately. 

@CarolBT We need every sort of chill pills we can get our hands on at this time. lol

@Cyncynn I'm so glad you're enjoying the OUAI - Chill Pills! I added them to my wish-list a while back because I loved the name but no one I know has had a chance to try them, and now I'm super tempted to finally order them! haha

@BrendaBT Now its the perfect time Brenda. Half a pill is plenty for a nice bath!

Happy Monday friends! I hope you're all staying safe and taking care of yourselves and your families during this time. Self-care is always important and now more than ever. While we are staying at home, I am committed to put all my masks to the test and step up my skincare routine, with all the products I forgot I had or I typically don't have much time to use.

Today I am hanging out with my plant (#plantmom) and double masking using my INNISFREE - Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask and finally using my Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Hydra-Gel Eye Patches 30 pairs/ 60 patches.

Please stay safe everyone and I'm looking forward to keep on hanging out virtually with all of you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️brendabt masking.JPG

@BrendaBT, I tried a foil sample of the Innisfree. I’ve ended up liking it a lot. 😍 Love the double masking! 💕

@itsfi Thank you, my under eyes definitely needed some TLC! This is the first Innisfree product I use and I really loved it as well 🙂 

Just make sure you don't use products with active ingredients every day! Give your skin a break sometimes.

I was experimenting a lot with skincare, rotating products and samples and at some point, my skin just gave up and gave me such a bad rash lol. So don't overdo it 🙂

@sunkissedblush You are so very right! I've been super careful about that, I've also been playing around with my makeup and practicing my eye shadow looks lol 🙂 

That's very scary I'm glad you're skin is doing much better now!

This past week has been full of self-care for me! I have been implementing workouts into my routine and this week I was proud that I really stick with it! 

I also had a physical check-up that I was dreading and it went well. My doctor even commented on my skin and well moisturized it is, I've been using the Bioderma body lotion and love that she noticed! 

This week I'm focusing on eating more veggies and getting in a daily work out. My doctor let me know that I should be getting in about 10 thousand steps per day, and at least 30 minutes of cardio 3x a week to keep healthy so these goals are a priority for me. 

I'd love recommendations for an affordable pedometer, let me know if you have a favorite! ♡

All of this + your skincare routine!? You're doing it all. ❤️

@bakeamuffin Yes!!! Congrats! It's always hard to stick to a good workout routine but I'm happy that you are prioritizing your goals and taking good care of yourself 🙂 

Congrats on your self care @bakeamuffin! It sounds like you're doing an amazing job sticking with your goals. 🙂 

Best regards,

Laurie 

I had a completely unexpected self-care experience this weekend. I went to my local Sephora (because I can't stay away, it seems) and while I was there I was told they were debuting Perk HyrdaFacials at that location and since I had spent the minimum ($75 - no judgement, lol) would I like an service? I said "sure!" and that's how I ended up getting an unplanned facial and being their second client for this service! Such a fun break in my day and I felt great and SO clean afterward. I told them I have a lot of facial redness so they used all calming products on me afterward. The machine is interesting - it uses a roller tool with suction and serum to clean your face. Here is the tray of products that they used on me during and after the treatment. per facial 1_03012020.jpg

Here is the machine for the Perk HyrdaFacial.perk facial 2_03012020.jpg

And here is my before and after! I'm completely makeup free in these photos. It's hard to tell in this photo - but the before is on the left and I am dry. The after the is on the right and I'm feeling hydrated and glowy. I'd say give it a go if you're interested in something quick and refreshing! perk facial 3_03012020.jpg

I want to try Hydrafacial so badly, but would have to wait till I give birth. Hopefully, by that time the whole situation in the world will improve too.

430 Replies
testing