Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

teambic practing self-care rituals.jpg

As the New Year unfolds and we adjust back into our daily hectic routines it is important to remember to pause, take a break, and take care of ourselves as well. This year my biggest goal is to practice more self-care rituals. After all, beauty starts from within!

As a way to commit, hold each other accountable, and ultimately help each other take care of ourselves, we thought it would be fun to do a weekly self-care check-in, by choosing one ritual and reporting back weekly with our progress.

Now, I know most of us are busy people, but dedicating time for ourselves can be as simple and effective as:

1. A morning meditation, and/or nightly adaptogenic drink (may we suggest FOUR SIGMATIC - Golden Latte Mushroom Mix with Shiitake & Turmeric or FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Hot Cacao Mix with Reishi )
  2. Better sleep! Committing to getting a full night's sleep 1 night/week, and sticking to an earlier bedtime.
  3. Waking up! Get up after that first alarm so you’re less rushed in the morning and have more time to mentally prepare for the day!
  4. Be active - get to yoga 1/week or go for an early morning run before work.
  5. Skincare - masking on a weekly basis, getting a facial, or remembering to remove your makeup every night!
  6. “Me time!” Embrace the FOGO (fear of going out), read that book you've been wanting to pick up
  7. Make healthier choices - adding more fruits and veggies to your meals.
  8. YOU PICK! You know yourself better than we do, so if we missed something please share how *you* want to take care of yourself. Just don’t forget to check in with us! 😊

This thread will be a place to talk about your weekly self-care check-ins, share how you’re feeling about your progress, recommend/talk about products you’re using, and share your self-care tips and tricks.

Reply below to tell us which self-care ritual you’re committing to!

*EDIT 4/2:

Hello everyone, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe! Given the times, we may just need this thread more than ever so we wanted to add in extra self-care goals now that many of us are spending more time at home or are going into the world helping others. Here are some additional ideas for taking care of yourself. We challenge you to try a few of these and share your wins on this thread!

1. Stick to your routine: Maybe it's putting on your favorite outfit instead of PJs or doing your makeup/hair in the morning! Snap an OOTD and share it here.
  2. Staying active: This could be as easy as one 10-minute workout video each week or dusting off your yoga mat. Let’s see that at-home gym or virtual workout class!
  3. Setting up your space: Are you reading, eating, sleeping, working out, and BIC-ing in the same spot? Try to establish devoted spaces for all of your activities.  
  4. Stay social: Set up virtual face-time with your loved ones and maybe spend some extra time here in the BIC!
  5. Spring Cleaning: Try reorganizing your home, bedroom, or simply going through your stuff to declutter your space. If you reorganize your beauty space we would love to see a before and after photo here!
  6. Take on a new hobby or learn a new skill: Master that smokey eye you’ve always wanted to. Maybe even learn a new language or instrument!
  7. Do your own nails - no nail salon? No problem. Let’s see that at-home mani once you’re done – no worries if it isn’t perfect.

What are you doing for self-care? We are open to all advice and want to congratulate you on your little wins!

Re: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

IMG_1378_Facetune_10-04-2020-19-25-28.png

@BrendaBT  I am taking some time for wellness! I have been connecting with myself and my crystals with calming moments of meditation and a few of my favorite products. Oh and I'm cooking A LOT! haha!

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Skin Perfecting Brush Set

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Rose Quartz Eye Mask

KORA Organics Rose Quartz Facial De-Puffing & Lifting Gua Sha

Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original

RE: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

Loving this calming mask from origins! Its really helping with calming and soothing the skin! It feels super hydrating !! 💚

2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

hi all!!!!! My name is Cat. I just had my first baby so self care for me has been a bit different. He's one month old now so I'm just getting back into the groove. As a breastfeeding mama, I'm avoiding things like retinols and am holding off on supplements other than my prenatals 😞 so I'm limited to the occasional glass of wine and loooots of face masks! Masks arena great way to treat my skin, hands free, while I take care of the little one. I've relied on the Jet Lagged mask to give my postpartum skin some much needed hydration as my normally oily skin had dried out with pregnancy. I've also leaned on my Glamglow masks to jumpstart the process of taking my skin back! I've also been digging into my sheet masks because they require little to no actual effort (no mask brush, no rinsing, etc.). A plus about prenatals is super fast nail growth. I *tried* to shape them into almond shape to be fancy. Here's a pic of my nails.

@Trina Congratulations on your one month baby! I totally understand about taking care of yourself. Masking is so soothing especially when you are breastfeeding around the clock.  I have a 6 month old and am trying to get back into masking.

@sportygirly125 thank you so much! Congrats are in order...

@SportyGirly125 thank you so much! Congrats are in order for you as well 🙂 I thought it would be all sunshine and rainbows but I didn't even feel like myself until about a week ago. the struggle is too real right now! I hope you and your little one stay safe xoxo

Re: @sportygirly125 thank you so much! Congrats are in order...

@Trina Thank you.  This was my second kiddo so I knew what to expect even though both experiences were completely different in almost every way. Stay safe and healthy 

Nothing like a little facial massage, with my Herbivore Jade Facial Roller. I use it when I finish applying my serum and beauty oils. This really helps drive the product deeper into the skin and also helps with circulation, smoothing fine lines and good for de-puffing under the eyes.

Re: RE: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

You are beautiful. I’m going to Marshall’s tp pick one up, to add to my selfcare Sunday. 

Not exactly a self-care thing- more of just a "care" thing, but I've been sending some of my friends and family, especially the ones who live alone, little Sephora care packages. I keep it moderately priced by getting something like a Sephora Collection mask and then using my points to add in a bunch of rewards bazaar items.  I'm generally a points hoarder and while all of the rewards bazaar items aren't always right for me, you'd be surprised by how much other people appreciate it! Every single person has been blown away and so excited to play with all of the new product.

Share the love - we all need it right now. ❤️

Making fresh smoothies helps me maintain an overall good mood. Rich vitamin packed berries and fruits I love give me the brain boost I need. This is my “Royal Island Smoothie”- Blueberry, Mangoes, Banana and Pineapple Juice. What’s your favorite blend? Cheers to Well Being!

Re: RE: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

I love your Fresh smoothie cup 🙂 @SherandaPRO I haven't seen those around before.

RE: Re: RE: 2020 Community Self-Care Check-in Challenge!

I got it at a conference, it came in handy for sure!

Here is how I maintain during these stressful times. Stress is the main factor in aging, these supplements help me improve my overall well being. 👍🏾 Cheers To Your Mind Bodyand Soul 😉

IMG_5092.jpg

Age reverse during quarantine! One of the tools I love to use is Dr. Dennis Gross Skin Care Spectralite Faceware Pro - it's an FDA- cleared mask that utilizes light therapy to combat fine lines, wrinkles, redness and blemishes! A little cool photoshoot doesn't hurt. 😉

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare DRx SpectraLite™ FaceWare Pro

Hello everyone, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe! Given the times, we may just need this thread more than ever so we wanted to add in extra self-care goals now that many of us are spending more time at home or are going into the world helping others. Here are some additional ideas for taking care of yourself. We challenge you to try a few of these and share your wins on this thread!

1. Stick to your routine: Maybe it's putting on your favorite outfit instead of PJs or doing your makeup/hair in the morning! Snap an OOTD and share it here.
  2. Staying active: This could be as easy as one 10-minute workout video each week or dusting off your yoga mat. Let’s see that at-home gym or virtual workout class!
  3. Setting up your space: Are you reading, eating, sleeping, working out, and BIC-ing in the same spot? Try to establish devoted spaces for all of your activities.  
  4. Stay social: Set up virtual face-time with your loved ones and maybe spend some extra time here in the BIC!
  5. Spring Cleaning: Try reorganizing your home, bedroom, or simply going through your stuff to declutter your space. If you reorganize your beauty space we would love to see a before and after photo here!
  6. Take on a new hobby or learn a new skill: Master that smokey eye you’ve always wanted to. Maybe even learn a new language or instrument!
  7. Do your own nails - no nail salon? No problem. Let’s see that at-home mani once you’re done – no worries if it isn’t perfect.

I love reading all these amazing examples of self-care!! So inspired to try some new rituals. Since I have some extra time on my hands, I decided to commit to using the skin care devices I’ve invested in over the years. My eyes have always been my biggest concern area when it comes to aging. I turned 33 a few weeks ago and I’ve been using my DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - SpectraLite EyeCare Pro LED Device to help do a little preventative maintenance. I love that it’s self timed and hands free so I can always make time for it in my day. I follow up my light treatment with the DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum for an extra boost of active ingredients while my skin is stimulated by the light.

I think I haven’t checked in since January so here goes! 

I have been doing really well with attending Pilates weekly, but fell off on yoga. Up until a week or two ago I was also doing well with keeping carbs less (I was only aiming for half). 

Since my job shutdown and everything else in NYC, I’ve been lazy and baking lots of carbs.  

Yesterday and today I’m getting it together! I did restorative yoga because all the back pain from working from home was killing me, went grocery shopping and bought some salad ingredients (thank goodness!), and started a 30 day yoga challenge on Amazon Prime. 

Well, @lnum , I almost ate an entire pot pie the other day. So, I feel you. ❤️ Stay well!

testing