Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

2020 Beauty Favorites: Tag products you loved most this year!

Beauty Insider Community 2020 Year in Review.jpg

Happy New Year, BIC! We’re doing a year in review ~*~beauty style~*~ and we want to hear from you: what new beauty products did you love most in 2020? So many amazing products launched this year, and perhaps some of them even ended up completely revolutionizing your beauty routines. Whether you discovered a new skincare savior, makeup miracle, hair hero, or fragrance fave, we want to know what products you found most impactful. If you had any standout oldie-but-goodie beauty products that weren’t new for 2020 but were still new discoveries for you this year, you can absolutely share them as well!

Feel free to use this template to organize your opinions. 😊

• My favorite new 2020 beauty releases:
    •  
  • My favorite beauty products overall this year:
    •  

Click the “Reply” button below to tag your 2020 beauty favorites by typing the “#” symbol before each product name!

Re: 2020 Beauty Favorites: Tag products you loved most this year!

It is still, technically, 2020, so I am not too late to post here, @TeamBIC!! Everyone's lists are such shopping cart inspo!!

I am so excited to see the near end of 2020 and to see everyone's beauty faves for the next year! Happy New Year!!

@haleyvvvv  Great list! I have been meaning to try that Tower Beauty facial spray! 

Thank you, @PrettyPaint!! I find the spray to be useful for particular things, its not as good as a patch for whiteheads, for example, IMO.

@haleyvvvv What did you like best about the Virtue Restorative, Hydrating Treatment Hair Mask with Keratin ?  I think @GG84 is a big fan of it, also.

I really like how it hydrates and nutures my hair rapidly, @greeneyedgirl107I'm not good at waiting on my hair masks, lol. I use it after my detox weekly shampoo, and my hair is just so soft and silky and hydrated. 

I need to do a direct test against the Briogeo products, as well as Gisou and SDJ, though. 

@haleyvvvv Oooh!  That's good to know that it works quickly.  I hate waiting on hair masks, too!

I wanted to try Glow Recipe products for a while now. Will try the one’s you mentioned, thanks for sharing!

Glow Recipe is one of my favorite skincare brands. On their brand site, they offer exclusive merch, a great rewards system, plus 2 free samples of their products. Their merchandise are super cute! I've even ordered a tie dye shirt from them, a bandana, and a desk humidifier. Great sales there as well. I am in love with all of their watermelon products.

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Jelly Sheet Mask 1.17 oz/ 33 g 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream 

Glow Recipe Lip Pop Duo 

I really like a lot of their products, @PDivya! In addition to the hylauronic acid serum, the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL, Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL and the Glow Recipe Pineapple Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL are all faves as well. You could try a mini kit to test a few items out to see which ones you like.

Love this thread @TeamBIC (though I know what it will mean for my shopping list! 😁😆🛍). I feel like I discovered so many great products this year! I wasn't sure how to narrow down my favorites from the entire year. I went with 10 items for each category that are available at Sephora. 

My favorite new 2020 beauty releases (not sure if all these items launched this year or if I just discovered them in 2020):

• LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL is great as an essence for adding some extra hydration and moisture
  • MILK MAKEUP Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask keeps my lips moisturized through the night; has a nice, subtle lavender scent
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads are gentle but effective and help with clogged pores on my chin and along my jawline. I first received this as part of a gratis package and have repurchased at least one, if not two, jars since then. 
  • Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette love the neutral-cool tones in this palette and the variety of textures included. ❤️❤️❤️
  • Herbivore Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Smoothing Serum - I'm very happy Herbivore brought this back - the reformulation works as well as the original version for me.
  • Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL gently exfoliates, breaks down makeup and sunblock and leaves my skin clear, clean, soft and bright. 
  • REN Clean Skincare Perfect Canvas Clean Jelly Oil Cleanser love the gel to oil to milk formula on this one; does a great job of cleansing my skin without stripping it or making it feel tight.
  • Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm Thankful has a light, creamy consistency that wears comfortably and lightly moisturizes my lips. The color is nice and bulidable.
  • tarte Mini Big Ego Mascara 0.15 oz/ 4.5 mL was part of a recent gratis; it really does amp up my lashes beautifully. 
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Mini Sculpture (not sure why this isn't coming up). All the shades in this quad are beautiful. 

My favorite beauty products overall this year:

@itsfi Glad to see the milk lip balm and herbivore bakuchiol serum are working for you. I’ll be digging into the serum soon hopefully and that lip mask will remain on my loved list for later!

@itsfi  So many great products. I don't think I've ever noticed that REN cleanser before. I just added it to my loves list! 🙂

Your list is definitely responsible for some additions to my shopping list, @itsfi!! I forgot about the REN cleanser entirely, I'd really been wanting to try that (it takes so long to go through a cleanser!!). 

@TeamBIC  I might have to come back with more items later. But here are 10 Sephora-sold items off the top of my head: 

(New 2020 releases marked with a 

•  The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL - one of my favorite multitasking products. 
  • The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz / 30 ml - I no longer use it on my whole face (I switched to a different retinoid for that), but I do still use it around my eyes where my full-face retinoid would be too harsh. Sure, I could just use TIL's retinol eye cream but... why? I've got backup tubes of this retinol serum and it works well, especially since my skin's built up nightly use tolerance. 
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection At Night - this is the kind of blush shade so many of us deeper skin toned folks have wanted from Hourglass, and I hope they release more that are this richly pigmented! 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS Mega Mothership: Celestial Divinity Eyeshadow Palette - so fun to play with, and hooray for its duo/multichromes! 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VIII Artistry Eyeshadow Palette - Divine Rose II Collection - the only fully rose/pink color story palette I bought this year, and I have no regrets. 
  • NARS Blush Aroused - probably my favorite blush shade of the year—and considering how many NARS (and other brands') blushes I own, that's saying a lot. 
  • #Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2 - testing a few other mascaras (including a new CT one) made me appreciate my existing favorite more than ever. I never use a lash curler on my straight lashes, and with LLv2 I don't need one. This is still my gold standard mascara. 
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Clear Skin Days by Sephora Collection Brightening Peel Pads - I think these launched this year? I love having a gentle AHA + BHA exfoliant option for times when my skin's just come out of bad recovery mode and needs acid exfoliation. Also love the simple ingredients list and lack of citrus extracts. 
  • MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Resist Color Pencil Eyeliner - a big improvement over MUFE's old AquaXL liners, and I hope they release more shades next year. 
  • The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL - still one of my favorite skincare products, especially since I've pared down my skincare routine a bit. Loaded with peptides, hydrators/humectants, and amino acids. It's just dang good stuff. 

Now I'm tempted to add a list of things Sephora unfortunately doesn't sell. Might do that later. 

@WinglessOne  Oooh, I haven't tried that NARS blush shade before. It looks beautiful. 

Thanks @PrettyPaint ! It's one of the 10 new blush shades NARS released this year. 

In the NARSissist Wanted 2 cheek palette, there's a blush shade called Penthouse that I love, but NARS doesn't sell it separately. Aroused is the most similar NARS shade I've found. 👍

Fantastic list, @WinglessOne!! So many faves on here, I love TIL retinol and Buffet is just SO good. You've got me wanting to try TIL balm. And those blushes and palettes are just so pretty!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv ! TIL Oat Cleansing Balm is very nice as a 10-minute soothing mask, in addition to a first-step cleanser. Definitely worth trying. 👍 

A few favorite releases from 2020:

54E89AA2-D686-43EA-9759-5BA0B919B1C4.jpeg

And Favorite Beauty Products Overall this year: All of the above! Also - 

@eshoe  The Chantecaille packaging is so gorgeous! I have never smelled Glossier You, but it seems like a lot of people love it!  

The hummingbird motif is so pretty, @PrettyPaint 🙂 The You scent is a bit warm and berry-peppery, with a bit of vanilla. My only wish is that it lasted longer on my skin!

166 Replies
testing