cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|
Anonymous Insider

2 samples no longer 3?

I live in rural Minnesota, 120 miles from the nearest Sephora. I do majority of my shopping on line. If I were to enter a Sephora store and check my pride at the door I can ask for as many samples as I want, now on line, 2... Bad call Sephora.

Re: 2 samples no longer 3?

Thanks for letting me know! I thought I had lost one. Kinda sucks bc Sephora online is the only option for where I live. Not being able to go in store means less exposure to new products. 

RE: 2 samples no longer 3?

Personally for me I like the samples so I can see if something is too fragrant for me, a little scent is okay but too much I cannot handle. A sample is nice to find this out instead of buying something and having to return it.

Re: RE: 2 samples no longer 3?

I completely agree. Perfume samples help tremendously in finding scents that work for your body chemistry. I like to wear a scent for a few days to see how it reacts in different conditions. There are samples that I didnt like at first, but that ended up growing on me and lead to purchases.

Frequently will buy something that I have sampled so it's nice to have the opportunity to try these. Someone in marketing and cost accounting must have done an analysis that shows that people will still buy product if they try 2 instead of 3. 

I'm with you, think it was a good little perk that they reduced - bad call. 

I agree, I have found some my favorite products from samples... when I've been lucky enough to get something i actually wanted to try. Two samples will cut those odds even more and considering foundation and perfume samples generally go straight to the trash unless i can't find someone to give them to. Boo Sephora

Hi @Anonymous, @danc312@ShortErica@RebeccaDarling, and @LadyPoe,

At this time, we are offering 2 samples with every online order. We appreciate your feedback and will forward this to the appropriate channels for review. Thank you!

Warmest regards,

Helen

Give that department this feedback. Done ordering from Sephora. Bite, drunk elephant, Sunday, eyeliner and the ordinary all sell directly to the consumer and all include samples and typically a deluxe size product as well as offering coupon codes for discounts. DONE with going Rouge and getting no samples from n my order. First 3 down to 2 and now none on my last deliveries. Ulta, here we come. 

and I gave cut my business with Sephora in half due to the meagerness...Ulta, Beauty.com, Nordstrom all are more consumer generous

You may be offering them Sephora, but you aren't sending them.  Just received my order today, the first time I've ordered since the samples went down to two.  I chose two at checkout, but didn't receive a single one.

we are all experienced with none or those that we don’t request...time to take business elsewhere 

Yes I just received my order and only received one sample! I guess I should be thankful I got that one and that it is one of the two I selected and not a substitute. 

Hi @akf24,

Sorry to hear that! Feel free to PM me if you need further assistance. 

-Mali 

Hi @frenchqtrchef,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive any of your samples on your recent order!  I'm going to send you a PM shorty for assistance!

Best,

Steph 

That’s not a very helpful answer though, is it? Like, could you tell us why? I mean, we know that beauty companies supply the samples free of charge to do exactly what everyone here has posted they use them for - to get new customers who like their products. It’s nothing to do with Sephora’s bottom line and it’s been three samples since literally I started ordering online ages ago. So, ‘only offering two at this time’ isn’t really a satisfactory answer. Could you please tell us why?

They are using the free samples provided to them at no charge for their play boxes they now charge 10$ for.  They went from 3 to 2 and none regularly ship without any because they are able to charge you for the previously  free sample via the play subscription. 

BOOO bad call. I'll shop Macy's and direct companies because many of them offer better sample choices.

I live in Las Vegas, NV and I just made an order for my VIB Rouge 20% sale....I only had the option to choose 2 samples too. Bummer.

I posted on another thread that I put an order in on Tuesday and was able to add 3 so it must have changed in the last few days. It does seem to coincide with the sale so maybe it is temporary...here's to hoping.

I have been on line to order ethos week when the sale isn’t active and it still only allows 2 samples. 

Hi @sarahanna,

At this time, the limit for samples in each online order is two. I apologize that we do not have additional updates. 

Kind regards,

Laurie

We all know why. You added the play subscription boxes. Now you can charge 10$ for the free samples the companies provide. 

Conversation Stats
testing