Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
Anonymous Insider

each pic is different as the level of help increases and the quality of product increases.

I would like to say that this is me and my ability to learn from others shows that I have learned and continue to learn by practicing and watching how makeup is applied and that the more I practice the better I get and my skills are more refined. but in my experience the more I practice the better I get at applying my makeup and learning the best way possible to remove and start over might have a different way of saying maybe I'll get lucky this time and I will be able to accept that I am okay with the results and I am still not happy with my makeup skills but I'm still trying and not settling. i am very happy with some of my pics but can't say that it was because of my hard work or my ability to learn. my best pics are from the women who have the skills that are trying to show me how I can look my best but the instructing me on how to learn to do my own makeup is not the easiest thing to teach or anything I am able to learn just by watching them apply my makeup especially when they feel intimidated if I have the mirror in my hand and they don't want me to watch. they have the skills that I am seeking to achieve but do not have the ability to instruct and teach. they can't tell me what it is that I'm doing wrong but I'm very grateful for the help they are giving me and I try through practice but I must admit that I am better at removing my makeup than I am at applying it. This will change one way or another I am very confident and determined to accomplish this very important but difficult skill for me to learn but I'm still trying hard and either I am going to figure it out on my own or find the right person who has the ability to instruct me in a different way and I will understand because I will learn what it is I'm doing wrong or not doing right allowing me to learn the right way to apply and what I should be looking out for when I'm applying my makeup. any suggestions will be appreciated and the answer just might be in your response. Thank you for reading my long but sincere post.

Re: each pic is different as the level of help increases and the quality of product increases.

Learning makeup is quite the process, especially when you are getting to know yourself. Your preferences will change over time along with your perception of how you “should” look and what makes you feel good in your skin.  When multiple friends of mine transitioned, they had days where they were hard on themselves and felt like they weren’t learning fast enough. Practice is your friend and YouTube videos geared to trans women will be a big help. Getting together with other women before a night out is also helpful if you can find a community. It’s an another awesome place to learn. It will take time but you will get there. I was there the first time they put on makeup, helping them with their liner and picking the best lipstick for their skin. Many of them are now better at makeup than me!  

Re: each pic is different as the level of help increases and the quality of product increases.

@Anonymous @Keep practicing and never give up. 

you can take a bunch of online classes for free. Here is the link where we post them. Eventbrite and MAC are having a bunch of free classes online and some you can even do a free consultation. 

Virtual Masterclass Thread 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos4
testing