Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

What beauty means to me ๐Ÿ’–

Hey Community โ€“ Iโ€™m Kevin Ninh and Iโ€™m a member of the Sephora Squad! I am so excited to post here in the BIC and share my story with you all! As a member within the LGBT+ community, I have experienced beauty in a way that impacted my growth as a person.

One time I overheard someone call me ugly and rather than taking it personally, I knew it was a personal problem the person was deflecting onto me to feel better about themselves. I consider myself to be non-binary as I never exclusively feel that I fit in specific boxes of the gender binary (male and female). Rather, I like to experiment with myself and do what makes me comfortable and confident in my own skin as happiness comes with no labels; it's more of a feeling from within. Although I may not fit in the gender norm of what people deem aesthetically "feminine" or "masculine," just because I'm in a "grey area" of ambiguity when it comes to gender presentation, doesn't make me ugly. As clichรฉ as it sounds, it's not what's on the outside, but what's on the inside that determines your true beauty. It's the values you're able to provide to the world, empathy for others and a willingness to listen and understand that makes someone beautiful; not the superficial beauty standards and gender roles that are upheld in society.

I'm glad that in that moment, I knew exactly who I was and didn't take it as a reflection of myself but rather it's a reflection of the other person. Being able to live my truth with so much love and positivity reassures me of my identity. This is why I'm so glad that Sephora launched the Trans is beautiful group and partnered up with me to share my story with you all right here. I love that the Community is a space where you can find other people like yourself and share what beauty means to you and I also love that this group includes all gender identities under the trans umbrella, including nonbinary, femme, and masc. I canโ€™t wait to get to know you all!

Have you ever experienced a time where someone else tried to make you question your own beauty? Do you need a reminder of how beautiful you are? Comment below so we can remind each other of how incredibly FLAWLESS each and every one of us are! Because at the end of the day, to be flawless, is to be yourself ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: What beauty means to me ๐Ÿ’–

Hi @FlawlessKevin

Love your story! Thanks for sharing here. I'm learning much about the trans, nonbinary, masc, and femme community and I'm grateful to everyone willing to share their stories. One thing that I've done is added my pronouns to my bio and my email signature. It's amazing how that small act on my part shows so much support to others - being supportive is beautiful to me... letting the inside show though external actions. Welcome to BIC, xox!

RE: Re: What beauty means to me ๐Ÿ’–

Yes! So simple yet it goes a long way! Also it can start a conversation for those asking about why you have it and the importance of pronouns!

Thank you for sharing your story @FlawlessKevin! You are an inspiration to us all; thanks for reminding us to be true to ourselves. Heart 

Always ๐Ÿ’•

RE: What beauty means to me ๐Ÿ’–

@FlawlessKevin youโ€™re story is so beautiful and inspiring, just as you are, inside andout! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’•I have also felt this way in high school, a boy told me I would be beautiful if my skin tone was slightly lighter. I shrugged it off knowing he must be battling some inner demons. I love being a bronze goddess, and no matter what anyone else says, I will always feel this way! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Glad you didnโ€™t let that affect you and embraced your beauty and worth! ๐Ÿ’•

@FlawlessKevin  Thank you for sharing your story with us and that message of positivity. We are glad to have you join us here at BIC!

Ahh thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜˜

beautiful story, beautiful person @FlawlessKevin !!!

Thank you ๐Ÿ’•

So well said @FlawlessKevin! You have to focus on the positive in life and yourself or you are just letting those negative people rule your life ๐Ÿ’œ Do what makes you happy be it a bright bold lip or dressing up in wild colours because nobody can make you Love who you are inside out more than you can!!! #betruetoyourself ๐Ÿ˜˜

Exactly ๐Ÿ˜˜

Exactly! Do what makes you happy! Life is too short to be negative ๐Ÿ˜˜

Thanks for sharing @FlawlessKevin .  I especially enjoyed your message about positivity.

Have you ever experienced a time where someone else tried to make you question your own beauty?  Yes, I was in middle school and the mean girls once said I was ugly.  I'm proud of my reaction, though - I was able to shrug it off because I knew they just said it to be nasty as I was within earshot.  Even at a young age, I was able to take the attitude that I didn't care what other people thought.  

Do you need a reminder of how beautiful you are?  It's always nice to get compliments on how we look or our style!  But I must say that it's also very gratifying to be complimented on inner beauty.  A couple years ago I had someone give me a double compliment on being pretty on the inside and out, and it was one of the nicest things I could have heard.

Thanks for sharing your story! I definitely think compliments on your character are more fulfilling and mean a lot more too!
Anonymous Insider

ggnj

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. Stay fabulous and true to oneself. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ˜˜

Stay flawless ๐Ÿ˜˜

Youโ€™re beautiful and so funny. ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’— keep sharing your story and the beauty in you.

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ’•
22 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 121 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
testing