Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Trans Day of Visibility

Hello everyone! Wishing you a all well on International Trans Day of Visibility! It’s been a full year since I first stepped outside presenting fully femme. I thought it would be fitting to take some time to reflect and share how it started and how it’s going with my makeup skill and I invite you to do the same! 

Feel free to share as much or as little as you want. Makeup, skincare, haircare, or just life in general. Post photos if you feel comfortable or just tell everyone how you’re doing. Ask for tips and tricks or recommendations. If you’d rather not revisit your past, that’s fine too. Do you have any goals you might be working towards in the future? Or just say hi and check in with others. And cis-friends are welcome to share too, offer words of encouragement, or just say hi!

1CB1BF30-5026-4A0C-86CD-EC5436BF1C54.jpeg

Re: Trans Day of Visibility

@JoSometimes Beautiful photos. I am glad you have found BIC! I love your content and positive vibes. Happy belated International Trans Day of Visability! Keep being yourself!

In general, there should be equality and support for all people, regardless of their gender, orientation, gender identity or manifestation. Every person deserves respect and equal rights. But I categorically speak out when I see how people are campaigning to join different communities. Recently read about lgbt, found https://edubirdie.com/examples/lgbt/ for this. I agree that all people deserve to be accepted and loved without discrimination or stigma. But there is no need to advertise that I changed my gender and that's cool. I sort of bring up children and I don’t want my child to think about it.

Agreed @concurdew. Hopefully a day of recognition in today’s society will eventually turn into a lifetime of acceptance in tomorrow’s. 

Thank you for your encouraging words @Mellmars1185! They mean a lot! 😊

@JoSometimes  Just popping in to say I hope not just for visibility but for people to not even bat an eye at people being who they are and expressing it.  

May everyone feel supported finding who they are and feel comfortable and safe being who they are.  

Thank you @heartsmyface! I’m fortunate to live somewhere where society in general is pretty accepting (though I have come across a few individuals who aren’t). I’ve seen some of the news in the US, which is pretty disheartening.

@JoSometimes, sorry I missed this thread yesterday!  But, happy belated visibility day and props to you on your year!

Thank you @danielledanielle! It’s been an interesting year. I’m glad I found BIC. Everyone here has been very supportive.

E4139FEA-1EB0-4C11-B2B6-53817F416F96.jpeg
March 2022. One of the first times I set foot outside. I snuck into a change room to take a photo in private. It’s heavily filtered because I wasn’t confident or happy in how I did my makeup. Sadly, I deleted the original.

57DF714F-D5D0-4DBF-A22E-77D987B1C0E3.jpeg

07B8DFF9-8CB5-46E0-90CD-A176CE8749D8.jpeg

March 2023. One of my best makeup looks ever! I spent time with makeup artists, watching tutorials, and scrolling through BIC, learning as much as I could. I made many great connections along the way (including many of you here!)

Future Goals: To try more challenging looks and figure out how to do dramatic and artistic eye makeup specifically for my hooded eyes. I also really want to perfect a no-makeup/clean girl makeup look someday. 

@JoSometimes beautiful looks!

Thank you @Samtian! I learned a lot over the past year. 😊

Happy Day to you @JoSometimes ! I’m glad to know you and thanks for posting and sharing some thoughts on your journey over the last year! 💗💗

I’m glad I was able to connect with you @sister13! You’ve been very supportive and an inspiration. 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 144 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos7
  • 1CB1BF30-5026-4A0C-86CD-EC5436BF1C54.jpeg
  • E4139FEA-1EB0-4C11-B2B6-53817F416F96.jpeg
  • 57DF714F-D5D0-4DBF-A22E-77D987B1C0E3.jpeg
  • 07B8DFF9-8CB5-46E0-90CD-A176CE8749D8.jpeg
  • WIN_20230526_15_03_23_Pro.jpg
  • IMG_9222.jpeg
  • IMG_7321.jpeg