cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|
Anonymous Insider

Quarantine school

Hi am stuck in quarantine for a month and decided to learn makeup techniques for everyday glam look - since cannot go out wondering where to start online and what products to buy without spending too much on the wrong thing lol ! Any help appreciated ❤️

Re: Quarantine school

@Anonymous 

You can check out the Free Virtual Masterclass Thread here.  I've taken the ABH Brow Masterclass, Tatcha Masterclass, and Hourglass Masterclass all for free!  I signed up for a bunch more free classes, most can be found on eventbrite.com

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/Virtual-Masterclass-Thread/m-p/5519089#M5673

Mandy, uh...I'm not sure I'm allowed to do this, but I stream makeup application on twitch from time to time. I'd be glad to do one for you if wanted (it takes me about two hours with all the explaining and everything).  I'm not a professional, but I am a transwoman, and an artist - like oil on canvas, let's paint a still life artist, so makeup is just like painting to me. I believe my Sephora profile links to one of my social media sites, which will direct to the other. If you're interested - there's no money involved in this, of course; I'm a disabled veteran and do it as a hobby - I'll be around. Best wishes and stay safe. 

RE: Re: Quarantine school

Wow this sounds amazing, I’d love to clean and follow as well. I’m in my early early stages of transitioning and have been trying to follow YouTube.

Hi again! I think my YouTube is linked in my Beauty Insider profile. I did a video shortly after my last post it’s a long one; forgive my hair pls, it’s never been my strong suit. I doubt I’ll ever be a pro at making videos, but that’s not the point. If you find it, and have suggestions or questions, let me know. Stay safe! 💖

Hi! I don’t know why it took a week to receive a notification you replied, but now that I know, I’ll check more often. I had a look at your photos, and tbh, you look great 💜. I know a lot of us are still stuck inside, but Sephora also offers consultations for trans and enby persons. That said, I’m going to bed soon, but will be around to try and help with anything I’ve learned.

Hi @Anonymous!

I've found several free makeup classes online.  You can check out this thread to see what free classes you can take: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Exclusive-Events/Virtual-Masterclass-Thread/td-p/5519089

There are also some makeup courses you can take if you're willing to pay and some might give you a certificate once you finish the course.  MAC has some nice classes.

Youtube is great but they won't cover everything you need to know.

Are there any specific makeup products you're looking to buy?  I love glam looks!

These are some of the things I use for glam looks:

KVD Beauty Shade + Light Refillable Powder Face Contour Palette 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Bronzer Tawny  (not this color)

BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Mini Champagne Pop 

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade Ebony  (not this color)

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel Jumbo 5 

stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black (my holy grail eyeliner)

SEPHORA COLLECTION MOSCHINO + SEPHORA Laptop Palette 

HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette (super pigmented)

Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette – Peaches and Cream Collection 

Natasha Denona Bronze Eyeshadow Palette

SEPHORA COLLECTION Ready To Roll Brush Set (great beginner brush set)

KVD Vegan Beauty Studded Kiss Lipstick Set 

KVD Beauty Everlasting Longwear Liquid Lipstick Outlaw (not this color)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Luxe Silk False Lash 

SEPHORA COLLECTION House of Lashes® Eyelashes Adhesive (super glue for falsies)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing