Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Need help finding right foundation *please, anyone?

1FEF1DB4-8E10-4C58-BFC9-9A23D3FD03BC.jpeg

Hey everyone!

id like to ask if anyone can please recommend what shade of foundation they think would match my skin best (also a highlighter and contour shade)

I have had the worst luck in the past... things I buy will look ok using a tester on my arm but when I go home and try my face it never looks right. Have had employees in places like shoppers help me and would still be off (being trans I used to have a bit of a shadow from facial hair and they would send me home with products that were too dark and off tone telling me it would hide said shadow... and it always showed up anyways... luckily I don’t have much of any facial hair anymore, at least that darkens my skin... I didn’t start living as myself until about 6 years ago and have been self taught  at a late age anything I know of makeup so I could really use a bit of help. 

id like to be able to do flawless foundation highlight and contour to help sculpt/feminize my face as much as possible. Going for glamorous ultra feminine, smooth looking skin

Tags:

Re: Need help finding right foundation *please, anyone?

Did you try Bare Minerals Original Powder light beige or lighter.  It takes a bit of patience but the results are worth it.  I also like Bobby Brown color corrector.  Both are available at Sephora.  What I do is apply 1 to 2 coats of Bare Minerals then dot on and rub on in really problemed areas like below my nose the Bobby Brown color corrector.  Also make sure you use a moisturizer and primer.  Bare Minerals Prime Time is good.  Before you try to apply Bare Minerals I would highly recommend you watch Shelby Wilson.  You can find her on YouTube.  I find that the Bobby Brown color corrector works well and I generally don't need concealer.  Just make sure you apply Bare Minerals a little at a time.  I find that the color corrector will blend.  Don't use too much.  Less is more on that too. The black shirt is no makeup.  The maroon shirt is makeup.  Not perfect, but I'm getting there.  Hope this helps.  Love Andrea. MakeupMakeupNo MakeupNo Makeup

I also have this problem and the shadow issue still. Personally I keep working at exactly what you explain yet I know that for me cosmetic can only do so much and decided to have fun and explore. I enjoy a regiment of cleansing and moisturizing that was recommended by a Sephora  employee.  Btw you look amazing and it seems to me you found what your looking for already. @JessyKat84 

Instead of using it on your arm try your neck that is the best way to find if you have a more pinkish, yellow or, orange tone!! Another pice of advice, some make up stores sell this serum and it allows you to make your foundation shade darker or lighter! So when you’re ready to apply foundation you can add on the amount of drops of the serum that you need!!! Hope it helps!!! 💕💕

Tarte Cosmetics and IL Makiage both have exceptional shade matching on their websites.  Have used both and got exceptional results.  

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos3
  • 1FEF1DB4-8E10-4C58-BFC9-9A23D3FD03BC.jpeg
  • Makeup
  • No Makeup
testing