Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Looking to tone down my masculinity

Hello everyone. I'm Zack, a 33 year old nonbinary individual. I'm AMAB and am rather masculine. I'm cool with it like about 60% of the time. Most of the time I just want to be an androgynous blob. So my question is, how do I tone down my hyper masculine appearance without being too over the top. Work might not be accepting, and my partner... Well we could share make up! lol I had a failure at eye liner, I ended up looking like an emo clown. Was it because nothing was working with it, or did I just lay it on too thick? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Looking to tone down my masculinity

Hey Zack, what colour eyeliner did you try? People often assume they should grab a black one, but that can be too harsh on some skin tones. I like to use a brown pencil or gel pencil really close to my lashes to make them look thicker.. or maybe you'd like a more fun colour? There are many different options for liner placement according to your eye shape and what look you're going for. Smoking out the liner a little (just tap or blend it with your finger as you go) can help soften that emo look too.

Tweaking your eyebrows a bit can create a more androgynous appearance with minimal effort, a la Bowie, Adam Lambert- then you can decide how much to amplify the makeup day by day without committing.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing