Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful

Community 101: Questions & Answers!

I want to get stuff at Sephora or get a Sephora gift card but my parents won’t get anything for me and start questioning me I want to wear makeup and not have to steal my sisters makeup palette please help!!

Re: Community 101: Questions & Answers!

Hi @j4ckson and welcome to BIC!! I don't have kids, but I would like to give you my view about the situation. If I were you, I would ask for permission. But not just that, I would open up with my family about what I feel about makeup and about myself. There's nothing wrong with being trans/gay or want to wear makeup!! I think it's kind of cute that you "steal" your sisters palette 😊 I don't see a tragedy behind it, it's just you and your desire/need to play with some makeup and be yourself. If I were your sister, I wouldn't be angry about it, I would love to share my interest with you. You shouldn't hide yourself. Maybe your family is close minded, I don't know...how old are you? If you have a job already, and you have enough money....go for it and spend whatever you feel is necessary for being YOU!! Good luck 💗🍀

Re: Community 101: Questions & Answers!

@j4ckson As a parent and someone who has been your age I would ask your parents for permission.  If you start taking your sister's makeup behind their back there will be a lack of trust.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing