Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trans is Beautiful
|

Advice for visiting Sephora

In a conservative city, I’d like guidance for clothes and makeup when visiting a Sephora.  Please don’t just say “You do you.”  

I think I might get better help if staff could see Susan the way i really am, but I don’t see other customers in traditional office wear and makeup, and I don’t want to offend anyone,

Tone it way down, or visit in my male disguise?

Re: Advice for visiting Sephora

I live in Wichita, KS.  A pretty conservative city.  I go out as Andrea all the time and use the girls bathroom and wear my forms and pink.  But that's me.  If you walk confident with your head up you wont draw the attention.  If you don't use it I recommend the app Solace.  Its made for trans people and it has a lot of practical advice tips and tricks. Hope this helps.  Love Andrea

Two more things I just thought of.  1.  If you are uncomfortable going out as your true self go with a girlfriend.  Cis or experienced trans.  2.  watch cis girls and dress like them and try to copy their mannerisms.  You're less likely to call attention to yourself.  Hope this helps.  Andrea

Thanks, everyone.  Great advice as  C encouragement.

When I finally went out as myself last Sunday, I didn’t seem to attract bad attention or disrupt anything; actually have pictures visiting Sephora.  When I looked in storefront windows, I just saw another, unremarkable, tall woman.  I’ve never felt better about myself and how I look!  Looking forward to getting out a lot more often.

You go girl!! Keep it up!! I'm proud of you.  Love Andrea

When I started to transition I would act like I was buying something for my spouse. First I went on line to check the size chart to see what size would fit me so I didn't have to try anything on in the store. 

Also shopping on line is another private way to buy. Try searching for transgender friendly online stores. 

Shopping online has been a savior for me, but there are times, like shopping for makeup, and learning how to use it, when I’d really like advice!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing