Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
Anonymous Insider

fave rainbow/multicolor eyeshadow palette

I was given the morphe Jaclyn Hill palette as a gift but the colorsaren't pigmented enough for me and lack staying power. On the hunt for a new favorite rainbow eye palette & need recommendations. thanks! 🖤

Re: fave rainbow/multicolor eyeshadow palette

Viseart Editorial Brights! Fantastic colors, pigment, staying power, they blend like a dream, everything! I believe Muse Beauty have 20% off right now.

I also love UD Electric Pressed Pigment palette. It's discontinued, but you can still find it here and there. It's fantastic!

@lyravega You are right about the discount at Muse Beauty right now. I have the UD electric palette but it’s barely touched. It made me nervous using colors around my eyes that weren’t approved for that area!

@jozkid  Interesting thing is that warning was/is only for the US. A few shades in the palette contain a colorant that has not yet been approved for the use around the immediate eye area by the FDA in US, although they are approved in other countries. There was no such warning on European Electric, for example. But, the truth is some people are sensitive to some pigments. Not only on their eyes. Lips, and even skin, too. So, yes, people should be cautious when first trying pigments, and even regular eye shadows, in general. Like everything else, too, I guess. I had some "regular" pink and purple eye shadows ( not pigments ) causing my eye lids to swell a bit and get irritated. Whereas none of the shades in the Electric palette caused me any problems. But, that of course doesn't mean anything, and certainly not that other people will react the same.

Anyway, I think the warning was not for all of them. Just the ones with the red pigment? If that helps at all.

@lyravega You’re right. It wasn’t the whole palette, just the reddish ones. The “warning” did make me pause a bit, but to be honest, I just never warmed up to the palette. I guess I just prefer a collection that’s a little less in your face. But if I were to do a rainbow palette, I would definitely go the Viseart route. 

It is unfortunate that the Smashbox Covershot Bold Palette isn't sold anymore because it was very pigmented and creamy, which is difficult to find in rainbow palettes. If you can find it anywhere, or one of Kat Von D's rainbow palettes, those are the only good and pigmented rainbow palette formulas that I've ever tried. Most are just sheer or chalky.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing