Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Thoughts on Fenty?

Hi all! So I've made a few purchases buying some Fenty Beaty products, and wanted to know your thoughts? So far I've purchased the Gloss Bomb, Soft Matte Pro Filtr foundation (#260) and the duo highlighter in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal. I'm in love with the highlighter and gloss, but not sure of the foundation yet. What products have you tried and what do you recommend?

Re: Thoughts on Fenty?

I am IN LOVE WITH FENTY. I am a bit of obsessed. I went to Sephora for 4 days in a row the week of the launch to pick up all the products. I purchased the AMAZINGLY WEIGHTLESS AND DEWY foundation in the color 390. I also purchased the primer as well (which is a must for a flawless finish). It took me a while to find the right color but i fell in love as soon as I found it. For tan to deep colors, make sure you figure out your undertone. I am a warm undertone but right on the cusp of tan and right before deep. I consider my complexion to be dark caramel so i originally went for 410-too ashy, 400-to orange, and finally 390 :). I was amazed by how many shades there for us black girls!!! :))))!!! I also purchased the translucent powder (awesome oil control), Matchstix in truffle and sinammon for contour. Matchstix in confetti (beautiful for dark women, lighter women would love unicorn), killawatt in gingerbinge/moscow mule (awesome for dark skinned blush and highlighter) and killawatt in Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby. I love both highlighters as you can add how much you want to glow by intensifying it depending on the side you choose. I also purchased the full highlighter brush, foundation brush, travel contour brush, travel highlighter brush, travel translucent powder brush which are all amazing but not necessary. I bought these because I knew i didn't have any travel brushes or anything like the full foundation and highlighter brushes. The highlighter brush is a MUST! I bought the beauty sponge and after using it I wish i hadn't but its cheaper than the original but basically is the same thing. I also purchased the bomb ass Gloss bomb. It was amazing on me even though my lips are already big. I love layering it over the matchstixs as it makes it look like a nice lipstick or different color gloss. I also purchased the invisimate blotting paper for those days where I don't want my gloss to be poppn. The gloss is very nourishing and lasts for at least 6 hours. I cannot wait for her to introduce more products! I also learned that matchstixs, foundation, and killawats can be used for blush, highlighters, contouring, on your lips and eyes! So expirement and have fun! I am heading back to Sephora to purchase the FAMOUS Trophy Wife as I was very afraid to get this due to how high pigmented it is but its a staple from this collection that I MUST have. lol. I am also planning to pick up the matchstix in either ridiic or Yacht life. Which one should I choose ladies/gents? 

AshleyKan wrote:
Hi all! So I've made a few purchases buying some Fenty Beaty products, and wanted to know your thoughts? So far I've purchased the Gloss Bomb, Soft Matte Pro Filtr foundation (#260) and the duo highlighter in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal. I'm in love with the highlighter and gloss, but not sure of the foundation yet. What products have you tried and what do you recommend?

AshleyKan wrote:

RE: Thoughts on Fenty?

Hi @AshleyKan! A lot of BIC members are loving Fenty! There are some gorgeous swatches and really helpful reviews on the Fenty thread https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/THE-FENTY-BEAUTY-THREAD/m-p/2877198#M51968 I am loving how these products look on different skintones and skin types, the thread has helped me narrow down my search for matches. If you have any swatches or reviews to add to the fun it would be really helpful for others who may have questions!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing