cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Not liking the new board

Ummmm yeah a few things .

- why is everyone at the "rookie" status ?? - I don't appreciate this label not to mention I've been online in this forum for years and now I'm a "rookie" not cool Sephora . 

-this layout is terrible , it's beyond confusing .

-I'm now getting posts of every thread I've been active in .

-Why ? Why ?

Re: Not liking the new board

I do not know if this is the right place to mention but I hate the new BT layout! So much extra dead whitespace. You need to constantly change page numbers. I cannot find anything anymore. Worst UI/UX I have ever seen for a long time. I feel like Sephora stole my happy place. I want it back! (Sorry for being so passionate, I want someone to hear this but I cannot even find the right place to yell :))

@teenageparasite  I'm having a lot of trouble following the threads, too!  Someone mentioned that sorting from Oldest to Newest helps sort things in the right order, but I've been finding a lot of new content parked right in the middle of threads, so who knows... 😞

I'm trying my best to be optimistic that the bugs will get worked out soon since this is a beta version of the site, but it's difficult, nevertheless, since this community has been my home away from home for a few years now...

Cheers!

I agree---setting it from oldest to newest puts the posts in the right order but then I constantly have to go to the last few pages of every post to see what's new. In newest to oldest all the replies are not grouped with who they replied to the newest response is just randomly at the top--it's very confusing. 

I agree, Tamara. I have been surfing around the new boards and learning, but I just don't think it's as user-friendly as the previous boards. Also the layout isn't as visually appealing....the other set up, you can scroll all the way down and see lots of pics being posted. It makes me less interested in posting-

Sadly I find this new board and "resetting" everyone back to rookie status really disrespectful .

i personally won't be contributing here much anymore.since the whole layout is just terrible.

@teenageparasite

Yes, every poster has been reset to Rookie status for the new board. It's the same for everyone, an even playing field.

If you haven't already read these two threads, you might find them helpful in learning more about the changes as well as space to provide feedback on the changes:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Beauty-Insider-Community-Feedback/td-p/2826082/page/8

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Welcome-to-your-new-Beauty-Insider-Community/td-p/2826...

And another user-created post here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Newness/New-BeautyTalk-Is-Confusing-Hints-Tips-Information/m-p/...

The email issue is an odd one, but CandaceBT addressed it too and that they are trying to fix it. From what I understand, the problem seems to be that for those who had email notifications set up for threads they were subscribed to or receiving replies to, they are receiving emails for every post in a thread when the thread is merged over to the new board. It will hopefully settle down as the merging comes to an end.

I'm not sure he it would be considered an "even playing field" considering some of us have been on here for years .

if anything I feel that by resetting my status makes me not want to contribute here as much and just backs up that Sephora really doesn't give two **** about us .

its things like this that really make your longtime customers angry , but what do I know ? I only spend $1000+ a year with you guys .

teenageparasite wrote:

I'm not sure he it would be considered an "even playing field" considering some of us have been on here for years .

if anything I feel that by resetting my status makes me not want to contribute here as much and just backs up that Sephora really doesn't give two **** about us .

its things like this that really make your longtime customers angry , but what do I know ? I only spend $1000+ a year with you guys .

To be clear, I'm not part of Sephora 🙂 I'm a user, like you (and also was a HOFer who went down to Rookie with the change). You definitely aren't the only one who feels this way, but I was just responding with the reason provided to us. 

teenageparasite wrote:

I get your frustration; change is hard. I don't think Sephora decided to do away from HOF'er status due to disrespect. I'm willing to bet all my makeup (and those who know me know it's a lot!) that it was a technology decision driven by how they wanted the new data to work. It wasn't personal I'm sure. 

The new format will take a bit of getting used to; it's still super new and we were warned that it was Beta. I hope it gets better; I too have had problems finding things. Fingers crossed they'll get it worked out soon. 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 33 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing