cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New BeautyTalk Is Confusing: Hints, Tips, Information

New BeautyTalk Is Confusing: Hints, Tips, Information

This new BeautyTalk is shocking. With BeautyTalk being a {many, many times} daily landing page for loads of us, we'll need to figure everything out- and what better way than together?!

czxzxZX.jpg

Anything you figure out as far as navigating this new platform, please share. 

Update 7/12/17 8:33 EST:

I sat down, and read every reply posted that is available for me to read. It's been quite a day! If you have any tips, please PM me, and I'll add them here.

I wrote down some of us posted, today:

Manage notifications- click on the bell at the top right of the screen. A bar will fall down, and there will be a grey gear. Click the gear.  This will bring you to 'Settings'. Click on 'Subscriptions and Notifications'. Click on 'Notification Settings'. Edit as you wish.

BT friends lost? Privacy settings- click the bell. Click the gear. Click 'Preferences'. Select 'All' for 'Show private information in profile to'. Beneath that, you may also choose to show your email address to 'No one', 'Anyone', 'All', or 'Friends.

Follow someone- one of you wrote to click on the person's profile you wish to follow. Click to follow. It's not working for me... yet, it seems to have worked for some of us... UPDATE 7/12/17 8:49 EST I was able to follow @greeneyedgirl107, though I reach a blank page if U attempt to follow @veronika23. Thus, this option may be selectively functioning at current.

Hashtagging- hashtagging products and words creates threads based around those tags making it easier to find similar threads.

Re: New BeautyTalk Is Confusing: Hints, Tips, Information

I just updated my profile photos but they are off center, oh well.  It will be fun trying to learn the new and improved forum!

Does anyone know how to follow a thread yet?

@suzyo The three dots/options menu in the right bottom corner has a "subscribe" option. I'm not sure if that is the same as following threads was before, but I subscribed to this thread and I'll let you know if I get email updates. 

Aha! @skcfan Thanks! 😄

czxzxZX.jpg

@suzyo To  follow a thread, click the bell at the above right, then click the greyed-out gear. Click (on the upper right, 'Subscriptions and Notifications'. You can customize some options here (My Subscriptions; My Bookmarks; Notification Settings;Email Format). If you don't have anything that you follow in there, then, we need some help. I figured out how to subscribe to a thread last night, and now I'm struggling to find that option, again.

Thanks @ClassicallyFab @skcfan It works! So far things work better on my iPad compared to my laptop.

Idk there are some kinks that needs to be worked out, which is perfectly fine. I can't tell when I'm logged in or not at times. I tried to respond to a thread and it said it was read only. Also depending on idk what lol, our statuses change from rouge to insider. But I shall be patient and thug it out with the rest of you 🙂

IMG_2855.JPG

Hi guys! I know it's hard. But please please please just wait a little until we have all of the links working in the morning. It will be much easier to update your avatar and join Groups (which you don't have to be a member to post in, but they're all wonky now because we're still migrating content) and all of that once the rest of the site catches up to the Community changes. You guys are fast! 

xoxo

Candace

Thanks @candacebt. This is so exciting! I'm enjoying navigating through the new site. If we experience any issues or find any bugs can we report them here or should we send you or one of the other mods a message? Thanks again to you and all the other mods for all your hard work and dedication to this forum 🙂

Thank you @candacebt - patience is a virtue that I struggle with. Not being able to post/look at what everyone was talking about is kinda stressful, but we'll get there.

Image result for disney excited meme

Thank you @candacebt @NotCrocker for your replies. Yes, patience will be vital, as I'm already feeling the growing pains. 😛

I'm certain a lot of effort and intelligence went into the creation of this platform, and albeit we are accustomed to and have comfort with the former site, I trust that this will be a positive change.

tumblr_inline_oq6nyeieuT1r7t0r6_540.jpg

How to update your avatar:

Click on the bell to the top right! At the bottom of that menu, click the gear in the bottom left (slightly greyed out). 

Once in this settings area, you will see "avatars" listed, third from the left. Click that. Do not click the avatar image, it will take you to an error page (our profiles are not yet ready). Instead, click "upload an Avatar" and here you can find your original avatar in your old photos, or upload a new one. 

*Important!: Currently, once you've uploaded and saved the thumbnail for your new avatar, you will get an error page. But rest assured, it will be all good to go when you navigate back to the board! 

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 10.48.53 PM.png

@NotCrocker Thanks for posting!  I loathe all the stock avatars, though.  I can't seem to find any that relate to beauty...?!

@greeneyedgirl107 Yeah, I didn't go through this round of stock avatars, but usually they are pretty generic. You can also do a quick google with some beauty words and upload your own! I hope you find something you love! My cupcake will soon change, I took a pretty great shot of a deer on Monday that may be the new NotCrocker look.

Fun lipsticksFun lipsticks

Beautiful illustration by Kornelia DeboszBeautiful illustration by Kornelia Debosz

Or this one by Katharine AsherOr this one by Katharine Asher

Anonymous Insider

Thank you NotCrocker!

Thank you @NotCrocker!!!! I got it to work!! In trying to do that I figured out why I had 85 notifications too. The defaults are send us all the info notifications all the time. I changed that by unchecking it so we'll see if that helps? 

Thank you very much @NotCrocker! Gotta get the hang of this. A little video tutorial might be helpful @candacebt - just basic stuff. Just a thought - thank you for all your hard work 🙂

niki172 wrote:

Thank you very much @NotCrocker! Gotta get the hang of this. A little video tutorial might be helpful @candacebt - just basic stuff. Just a thought - thank you for all your hard work 🙂

A video would be phenomenal. 👍🏻😃

So, I believe that I'm correct in that we must be  a member of a group in order to post and/ or reply... but some "Join" radio buttons are unresponsive, and others bring me to an error or "read-only" page. It's unclear if we can customize an avatar.

Most of what I've tried to accomplish on my iPhone has been unsuccessful, such as joining a group, messaging another member, posting a reply, etc.

err9r.JPG

Oddly, I can reply to some posts but not others. Am anxiously awaiting the full roll out!

3 Replies
Photos40
  • Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 10.48.53 PM.png
  • err9r.JPG
  • tumblr_inline_oq6nyeieuT1r7t0r6_540.jpg
  • IMG_2855.JPG
  • czxzxZX.jpg
  • untitled.png
  • czxzxZX.jpg
  • czxzxZX.jpg
  • czxzxZX.jpg
  • czxzxZX.jpg