Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Help!! I need advise on makeup and skin care

I started wearing makeup in the last year and so far, I normally wear primer (porefessional), foundation (makeup for ever ultra HD-but it's causing me to breakout so I'm looking for a new one), waterproof mascara, concealer (Sephora gel serum). And of course highlight haha. I'm curious as to a good skin routine for my normal type skin. I tend to get pimples on my forehead and around the mouth. A few on my nose. I'm also looking for a really good dark under eye circle concealer and cream. Oh, and a good foundation haha. I really liked the make up forever one so if there's one with similar consistency let me know please!! I don't really want to do a mask everyday but I enjoy once a week or so. Skin care is a weak point for me so I need help! Thanks!!!

a mask once a week. a good wash, toner and moisturizer an...

a mask once a week. a good wash, toner and moisturizer and if you're past the age of 21 an anti aging serum is recommended at night in place of a moisturizer. if you do this you will be golden and it won't matter so much what you use as long as you use them all. you could use drugstore stuff and be fine since you don't have any special needs but the steps really are important. a mask is optional but the daily stuff really is needed.

Re: Help!! I need advise on makeup and skin care

Hey there! Before I start off with giving you advice, please keep in mind that I am also exploring new skin care routines and still learning about makeup and skincare. Thank you (:

Skincare: It seems that you should start off with exfoliating your skin to help with your pores and acne. I suggest you use a charcoal cleanser, since it can "pull out" toxins from your skin. Currently, I am using origins cleansing charcoal powder ( you should try a sample of this and/or the active charcoal mask  ). After cleansing my face, I noticed the cleanser dried up my skin a bit a little, so I used 2-3 drops (as instructed on the bottle) of the boscia sake hydrating and brightening essence ( which keeps my face moisturized overnight and throughout the day). Feel free to also try the human + kind family remedy cream for your acne. 

My routine: I start off by washing my face with the origins charcoal cleanser, then follow up with the boscia essence and family remedy cream.

Primer: instead of using porefessional, you should switch to the smashbox photo finish primer water. This way, you won't clog your pores that much. Another alternative to a primer is the blur stick by milk make up. Using this allow your primer allows your pores to breathe! 

Foundation: I highly recommend IT cosmetics CC cream, or the Milk Makeup's new Blur Liquid Foundation. 

Before you buy any of the products I suggested, please try a sample of them so you don't waste your money. Good luck, and please let me know what worked out for you!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing