Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Feedback Wanted: New, Clean Sephora Collection Makeup and Skincare!

SephoraCollection_Logo.png

The Beauty Insider Community and Sephora Collection have partnered together to give select Community members first access to Sephora Collectionโ€™s first-ever Clean at Sephora makeup line and some new skincare as well!

This thread is a space for Community members who received these products to share their honest thoughts and reviews! As we told these members in advance, we may feature them in the form of quotes on sephora.com. ๐Ÿ˜Š Check the spoiler tab for a full list of product sent in this product review opportunity:

Spoiler

1. Clean Glowing Skin Foundation (launching 8/14): This foundation allows for sheer to medium coverage while giving you a soft, radiant finish! Matcha tea powder works to provide long-lasting hydration, and vitamin C powder helps give your skin a natural glow.
2. Clean Cleansing and Exfoliating Wipes: These biodegradable and compostable wipes are now formulated with natural ingredients such as plant extracts and wood pulp fibers. Fun fact: 65% of the wipesโ€™ new packaging is derived from sugar cane residue!
3. Clean Fresh Face Masks: Now with a new clean formula, these sheet masks are made from eucalyptus fibers and are rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins targeting specific skincare needs.
4. Clean Lip Mousse (launching 8/14): This whipped formula sits comfortably on the lips while serving up serious pigmentation for long-lasting color. Rosehip oil helps to heal the lips and keep them nourished!
5. Clean Glossy Lip Oil (launching 8/14): Is it a lip oil? Is it a gloss? Well โ€ฆ itโ€™s both! This pigmented oil/gloss hybrid gives off a beautiful, non-sticky shine. Watermelon seed oil is used to provide extra hydration.
6. SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream โ€“ Hydrate & Depuff: This eye cream does double-duty in the hydrating and brightening department. Its key ingredientsโ€“caffeine, hyaluronic acid, and mudra plant bark extractโ€“work to reduce the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, and signs of aging.
7. Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette (launching 8/14): These eyeshadowsโ€™ fun, bouncy texture makes them easy to apply with your fingers! The shadows are made with pearls, resulting in a gorgeous, lustrous sheen. 
8. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 PadsLike the Glow Peel Pads, but these contains salicylic acid. These peel pads are formulated with 99% natural ingredients to exfoliate, smooth, and purify your skin.

To our Community product reviewers: weโ€™re excited to hear your thoughts on these products! Sephora Collection and the Beauty Insider Community canโ€™t wait to hear your feedback.

Tags:

Re: Feedback Wanted: New, Clean Sephora Collection Makeup and Skincare!

@ather, choose for both ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’. ๐Ÿ˜† No need to make one feel left out. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

I'm excited about the new flavors, @itsfi!

Me too @curlychiquita; me too! โ™ฅ๏ธ Excellent choices by the Sephora Collection team! ๐Ÿฅฐ

@itsfi 

Peach?!?! Well darn I love peach! 

I know, right @GG84!!!! ๐Ÿ‘ Iโ€™ll be good and only purchase one... for now. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Oh nice!  I'm going to need to check some of these out @itsfi !  You got me hooked on their lip scrubs. 

Love the lip scrubs in this line @missjeanie! โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

This might not be new but obviously Sephora Collection also has sleep mask 

https://www.sephora.com/product/sephora-collection-overnight-glow-mask-P455218

Not sure if this has been posted yet. The new clean cleansing wipes are now available online.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Clean Cleansing & Gentle Exfoliating Wipes SEPHORA COLLECTION - Mini Clean Cleansing & Gentle Exfoliating Wipes

Most of the original versions of these wipes are on sale. 

Hop right over to write my review. I really like the wipe ๐Ÿ˜˜

1. Pine  3. Tulip  4. Carnation  5. Rose  6. Peony. 7. Orchid   8. Dahlia  9. Mahogany1. Pine 3. Tulip 4. Carnation 5. Rose 6. Peony. 7. Orchid 8. Dahlia 9. Mahogany

1. Pine    3. Tulip    4. Carnation    5. Rose    6. Peony    7. Orchid    8. Dahlia    9. Mahogany1. Pine 3. Tulip 4. Carnation 5. Rose 6. Peony 7. Orchid 8. Dahlia 9. Mahogany

Love how creamy these are!  They donโ€™t provide much moisture so I do recommend using a balm underneath but you have to be careful.  The mousse does not dry down so adding a balm underneath can increase the likelihood of transferring the color somewhere.  I personally prefer the shades 7 and 8, Orchid and Dahlia.  Hope they plan to release more shades in the future.

RE: Re: Feedback Wanted: New, Clean Sephora Collection Makeup and Skincare!

Loved the texture of these. So unique right?!

I tried to leave my review for the pads the other day, but it doesn't look like it was approved. The wipes are up now- https://www.sephora.com/product/sephora-collection-clean-cleansing-gentle-exfoliating-wipes-P460723?...

Clean Glossy Lip Oil:  1. Juicy 2. Apricot 3. Tamarind 4. Watermelon  5. Cherry 6. Grape 7. Raspberry 8. BlackberryClean Glossy Lip Oil: 1. Juicy 2. Apricot 3. Tamarind 4. Watermelon 5. Cherry 6. Grape 7. Raspberry 8. Blackberry

L to R: 1. Juicy 2. Apricot 3. Tamarind 4. Watermelon  5. Cherry 6. Grape 7. Raspberry 8. BlackberryL to R: 1. Juicy 2. Apricot 3. Tamarind 4. Watermelon 5. Cherry 6. Grape 7. Raspberry 8. Blackberry

I really enjoyed the lip oils!  They give a wonderful shine and a fair amount of moisture without being sticky.  Two small downsides: (1) they are not super pigmented (particularly on pigmented lips) and (2) the color does not long (much like other glossy products).  They are worth looking in to if glosses are you thing!

Lip oils were my fav part of the set!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป loves every color!

@ElleElleG wow! You really got great pigment from those, such pretty swatches

Thanks @lmaster !  It took a bit of building but worth it to bring the shades do life!

The Clarifying Peel Pads are available now.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads

Last night I finally used the Sephora Grapefruit Face Mask. Iโ€™ll use the review format I typically use in the masking thread. 

I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.

Notes: 

Spoiler

Claims: Purifies skin; perfects complexion, restores natural radiance. 95% of ingredients are from natural origin. โ€œFor even, more beautiful skin that glows.โ€ 

Ingredients: I held off trying this mask because of its grapefruit extract and limonia acidissima extract. After a bit of research, I realized limonia acidissima is wood apple. Iโ€™m not sure which part of the wood apple tree is used in this mask, though: the fruit contains high-moisture pulp thatโ€™s full of flavonoids; the powdered bark is the main component of the yellow paste many women and girls in Myanmar wear on their faces as cosmetic sunscreen and skin conditioner. Both tree components contain astringent tannins that can make pores appear smallerโ€”but tannins can also dry out skin with longterm use. Grapefruit is also astringent. Since my skin is mostly-dry combo, I was very nervous about this mask parching my dry zones. 

I felt better about a few other ingredients like moringa (a good vitamin C source, among other things), the anti-inflammation probiotic lactobacillus ferment, and my skinโ€™s BFF, hyaluronic acid (in salt form here). 

Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Lecithin, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Polyacrylate, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Sorbitan Caprylate, Limonia Acidissima Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lactobacillus ferment, Citrus Paradise (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Maltodextrin, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid 

Performance: Soft, thin, un-dyed eucalyptus fiber sheet, fully loaded with gel serum. Fit was decent: a bit too long at the chin; left some of my jaw exposed; slightly wide eyeholes Iโ€™d normally snip at the inner corners, but for a mere 5-minute session I didnโ€™t bother. There was a half handful of serum left in the sleeve, but I didnโ€™t use it. 

The serum smells delicious! I love the scent of grapefruit and it was very prominent throughout my session. Unfortunately, that usually means thereโ€™s too much grapefruit present for my skin (I wonder how many additional citrus perfuming agents were snuck into this mask as "fragrance")โ€”but I kept the sheet on my face. It stayed put throughout the 5 minutes I wore it. 

After removal, it took me 4-5 minutes to massage and press residual serum into my face. I probably couldโ€™ve gone another 20 minutes with this sheet without serum drying out. My usual dry finger test revealed no pilling, and my skin had very slight tack. 

Results: Well hydrated and moderately moisturized skin with a slight glow. The grapefruit scent stuck to my face. Before I continued my skincare routine, I lightly rubbed my cheeks and they tingled unpleasantly in response. I doused my face with COSRX cica water toner and waited a few minutes for my skin to calm down before touching it again. Then I applied a thin layer of Flora & Bast CBD oil, followed by my Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion as additional soothing layers. This morning I neither saw nor felt any bad reaction signs, thank goodness. My skin was still moisturized, but that couldโ€™ve been mostly due to the CBD oil I used last night. 

I appreciate getting the chance to test this mask, but itโ€™s not one Iโ€™ll buy in the future. But I'm curious about some of the other new Sephora sheet masks and will probably try a couple of them once theyโ€™ve launched. I like the idea of a 5-minute mask, particularly for travel purposes. 

Brightening Eye Cream - I also finally used this a couple non-consecutive nights this week, even though it contains mimosa tree bark. The cream is much thicker and richer than I expected, so I tried not to overuse it under my eyes. It's VERY moisturizing. Perhaps too moisturizing for warm weather use, even on undereyes as dry as mine. Also, both times I used it, my left undereye turned itchy but not bumpy. Hmm... I'll shelve this jar for now and pull it out again when temps drop below 40ยบF, and see if my skin reacts again. 

Iโ€™m very impressed you had the guts to try this mask! My skin burns just thinking of touching the packaging of it! I just canโ€™t get away with using anything with citrus and/ or fragrance so Iโ€™m impressed you were even able to use it.

Re: RE: Re: Feedback Wanted: New, Clean Sephora Collection Makeup and Skincare!

@sarahshter  Normally I'd patch test something like this before putting it all over my face. I've done that with some other sheet masks: opened the sleeve, scooped out some serum, applied it to my usual patch test areas (wrist, inner elbow, chest, neck, and maybe one very small area of my bottom jawline), and waited 5-30 minutes for any immediate reactions. But since I planned to wear this mask no longer than 5 minutes, I decided to chance it on my faceโ€”with an antihistamine pill, cica serum, a cold compress, and hydrocortisone cream standing by. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

If you're highly sensitive to citrus and fragrance, definitely steer clear of this grapefruit mask. I think the grapefruit extract alone would send your skin into tantrum mode. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Conversation Stats
Photos353
  • SephoraCollection_Logo.png
  • 035732F6-173C-4938-A624-CBF1E77908CB.jpeg
  • 7C371725-9160-47C7-A065-1DE55BA3A261.jpeg
  • A066D897-17D8-4131-9F19-AC60F28EDF94.jpeg
  • 5478FB8C-F102-404E-A712-4EB05F3D2AE2.jpeg
  • DD655A19-B29E-4CC0-A4C7-EDC4C027551C.jpeg
  • F0E70B10-DD83-4DA0-8CCA-FB937CA59203.jpeg
  • 9F9EBF89-FC57-4EB0-B8DF-C801389BD3E6.jpeg
  • The eyeshadows have a subtle shimmer, some could be used as highlighters as well
  • C01A0688-5B6E-41BB-BDDD-7C24E5EC4B25.jpeg
  • IMG_20200613_140607440_HDR.jpg
  • D792D3AE-BFE6-4004-893B-39FE59628A7D.jpeg
  • 8291B701-4451-4771-93FE-9377C18D6879.jpeg
  • The whole spread! The wipes are the charcoal variety.
  • Clean Lip Mousse, shades from bottom to top: 01 Pine, 03 Tulip, 04 Carnation, 05 Rose, 06 Peony, 07 Orchid, 08 Dahlia, 09 Mahogany
testing