Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Feedback Wanted: New, Clean Sephora Collection Makeup and Skincare!

SephoraCollection_Logo.png

The Beauty Insider Community and Sephora Collection have partnered together to give select Community members first access to Sephora Collection’s first-ever Clean at Sephora makeup line and some new skincare as well!

This thread is a space for Community members who received these products to share their honest thoughts and reviews! As we told these members in advance, we may feature them in the form of quotes on sephora.com. 😊 Check the spoiler tab for a full list of product sent in this product review opportunity:

Spoiler

1. Clean Glowing Skin Foundation (launching 8/14): This foundation allows for sheer to medium coverage while giving you a soft, radiant finish! Matcha tea powder works to provide long-lasting hydration, and vitamin C powder helps give your skin a natural glow.
2. Clean Cleansing and Exfoliating Wipes: These biodegradable and compostable wipes are now formulated with natural ingredients such as plant extracts and wood pulp fibers. Fun fact: 65% of the wipes’ new packaging is derived from sugar cane residue!
3. Clean Fresh Face Masks: Now with a new clean formula, these sheet masks are made from eucalyptus fibers and are rich in vitamins, minerals, and proteins targeting specific skincare needs.
4. Clean Lip Mousse (launching 8/14): This whipped formula sits comfortably on the lips while serving up serious pigmentation for long-lasting color. Rosehip oil helps to heal the lips and keep them nourished!
5. Clean Glossy Lip Oil (launching 8/14): Is it a lip oil? Is it a gloss? Well … it’s both! This pigmented oil/gloss hybrid gives off a beautiful, non-sticky shine. Watermelon seed oil is used to provide extra hydration.
6. SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff: This eye cream does double-duty in the hydrating and brightening department. Its key ingredients–caffeine, hyaluronic acid, and mudra plant bark extract–work to reduce the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, and signs of aging.
7. Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette (launching 8/14): These eyeshadows’ fun, bouncy texture makes them easy to apply with your fingers! The shadows are made with pearls, resulting in a gorgeous, lustrous sheen. 
8. SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 PadsLike the Glow Peel Pads, but these contains salicylic acid. These peel pads are formulated with 99% natural ingredients to exfoliate, smooth, and purify your skin.

To our Community product reviewers: we’re excited to hear your thoughts on these products! Sephora Collection and the Beauty Insider Community can’t wait to hear your feedback.

Tags:

Re: Feedback Wanted: New, Clean Sephora Collection Makeup and Skincare!

Great reviews!! @ohheyitscindyk congratulations!! 💘

Congratulations, @ohheyitscindyk! I love the lip oils and the lip mousses, too. Thank you for writing detailed reviews!

@ohheyitscindyk  Congratulations, and thanks for the great reviews! I'm really enjoying the lip oils too - cherry is one of my favorites as well!

Congratulations @ohheyitscindy! 🤗 This is such a fun gratis! 😍 Love the raspberry and cherry lip oils too! ♥️♥️

Congratulations @ohheyitscindyk ! My favorite colors of the lip mousse are the same as your favorites, I’ll have to add the Rose one to my list! Great reviews! ❤️

@ohheyitscindyk Congratulations on receiving this gratis 

Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis @ohheyitscindyk.

Last but not least are my reviews for the lippies. The Sephora Collection Clean glossy lip oil is not sticky, it does feel hydrating, and it applies easily. The average wear time before I have to reapply is between 1 to 2 hours. I do have really dry lips though. All of the shades look really pretty but my favorites are apricot, watermelon, and cherry. The only con for me is the smell. It’s not super strong but they smell plasticky to me. The Sephora Collection Clean lip mousse feels very comfortable and is very pigmented. It doesn’t dry down and make my lips feel uncomfortable. Wear time for me was about 3 to 4 hours. The only shades I could get to work for me were rose, carnation, orchid and peony. The other shades looked patchy and did not apply well. 

@faeriegirl  Cherry and Watermelon were my favorites of the lip oils as well! I kinda wish they would have had some fruity scents to them, though I'm not sure how difficult it is to add scents that fit under the clean category.

@faeriegirl  I wasn't a fan of the plastic-y smell either - but at least it didn't stick around for too long! Apricot, Watermelon and Cherry are favorites as well! 🍉🍒

My last product to review.. 

CLEAN GLOSSY LIP OIL (launch 8/14)

I’m not someone who wears lipgloss or lip oils as I loathe the sticky factor. I’m also a long hair gal and the thought of my hair blowing in the breeze and sticking to my face is about the least appealing thing in the world. 
I tested a few shades out on the days I worked from home. 
• No sticky factor  - - - this is interesting. Shiny lips and not sticky? Who knew! 
• Insanely moisturized - - - it’s like bathing your lips in liquid silk

• BUT very minimal colour payoff. I like my lips to make a statement, I could see wearing these to run errands but I don’t think I’d wear these out or to work. 

The two that launched on the 23rd, are those live? If so can someone tag them I can't seem to find them.

@Samtian and @RGbrown the masks go live on 7/7 and the new peel pads should launch on 6/29. Sorry for the confusion! These two were late to the party but I think it'll be worth the wait 😄 

Gimme allll the biodegradable, recyclable masks meow!!

@KatieBT Thank you!

@Samtian 

I don't think they've gone up yet. I know I've been checking daily for the peel pads and haven't found them yet. 

@TeamBIC I wanted to share my first impressions of the Sephora Clean Glowing Skin Foundation.

Full disclosure: I'm not a foundation aficionado.  I've only owned a few in my life, starting with Clinique in high school/college; then Per-fekt; and more recently a now-discontinued Stila CC cream.

The amazing: Obviously, the wide range of colors that Sephora provided.  Foundation is notoriously hard to match, so this was a dream come true.  I've found that my skin tone varies from day to day, and certainly from month to month.  Having the chance to try a variety of colors was not only luxuriant, it was practical.  I found I could wear 7, 9, and 11.  I'm also really glad BICers rec'd using darker shades for contouring (and I'm assuming lighter shades for highlighting).  Since I usually stick to powders, this thought wouldn't have occurred to me.  I haven't tried it yet, but it's worth looking into.

The good: For me, the coverage was nice.  I found it to be light, and to be buildable (to a point, of course).  The finish was radiant, which I appreciated.  This was easy to apply - I just did it with my fingers.  And I found it to be fairly comfortable.  (That's high praise from me, since I don't usually liked the feel of foundation.)  I didn't experience and adverse skin reactions (i.e. blemishes) from these, but I didn't keep them on for super long.  They also washed away easily enough, which is a real plus for me.

The undetermined: The weather has been hot and humid, so my skin has been oily.  I've curious to see how these will wear over a full day.

Thanks so much for your reviews @greeneyedgirl107. I really like the radiant finish of the foundation as well! 

Here’s my review on the Sephora Collection Clean Bouncy Eyeshadow Palette (to launch on 8/14). The palette is made in Italy, and it contains six warm-toned shimmery shades.

The texture of the shadow is creamy and bouncy as described, though it seems like some of the shades were a bit softer/creamier than others.

I found that the shadows applied best using my fingertips. I’ve used it around 3-4 times, and I definitely would recommend using a primer. I found that Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Primer seemed to work best. With primer, I didn't notice much creasing; however, I did experience a bit of creasing without the primer.

After using 3-4 times, there are already some pretty noticeable dents in the shadow (particularly with the lighter shades). I don’t anticipate running out of it too quickly, though, and this may actually give me the opportunity to pan a shadow!

It's a fun palette to experiment with and use when in a hurry. I also find it to be quite versatile. I've used several of the shades as bronzer and highlighter, and they work very well for this purpose as well! 

Here are some photos, swatches, and how it looks after quick application using fingers.

shadow.jpg

Love the swatches and the eye look, @PrettyPaint! You did a great job showing the colors!

Thank you very much @curlychiquita. It's definitely a fun palette to play with! 🙂

My last product review! Woo hoo!

CLEAN GLOWING SKIN FOUNDATION (launch 8/14):

This is the one I've been dreading doing. It was so cool of Sephora to include all those shades to test out, but it was a little overwhelming, too. Looking at the tubes alone, I would've thought I was a 5, but boy was I wrong. This line definitely runs light. I've been wearing 7 and 9 (sometimes alone, sometimes blended) and am considering trying out 11. It would be very helpful if there was some sort of description of lightness/darkness and undertones to guide your decision. As it is, I'm not completely sure these particular colors are right for me. Am I correct to assume that because we received the odd numbers, that there are an additional 20 even numbered ones going up to 40? Not that I would expect ALL of them to be sent (good Lord!) but I'm just wondering if I could get a closer match. Now, that being said, this stuff is very forgiving color-wise, too. Which is why I think I'm having trouble nailing something down between 7, 9 and 11. And as per @SportyGirly125 's suggestion, I used a darker one for contouring (number 31!) and was able to blend it in without it looking ridiculous.

The texture of the foundation is quite nice. More like a BB or tinted moisturizer texture instead of a foundation. It applies easily with fingers, BeautyBlender or brush (both fluffy and flat). I found that the flat foundation brush worked best for me, though.

It was described as having sheer to medium coverage. I would agree with that, though I think it tends more toward the sheer. I had trouble building it up to medium without it looking too heavy. Generally I found it didn't settle into my smile lines, but my forehead lines were REALLY emphasized no matter how much I tried to sheer it out. I will admit my forehead has my worst wrinkles, but I've had less issues with other foundations. Also, it has a radiant finish, but it ends up looking oily on me as the day wears on. I've had problems with it separating on my nose (and I do NOT have oily skin... just the opposite!) and, well, it just doesn't seem to want to set on my face. I really need to set it with some powder and even then the inside of my face masks looks more like a used cleansing wipe.

I tried using the foundation with and without primer. I found it performed better with primer, and the ones I used were Ciate Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer and Marc Jacobs Perfecting Coconut Face Primer. I don't know if I just haven't hit the right primer/foundation combo yet, but...

On the plus side, it did not oxidize on me, but I wasn't getting the kind of wear others were either. I'm a little sad, as I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I think it has potential, but I'm not sure my skin is what it's geared toward. I think I need to play with this some more and I am definitely open to any suggestions.

Me wearing Number 7 with Number 31 as contourMe wearing Number 7 with Number 31 as contourFull range of swatches in outdoor light.Full range of swatches in outdoor light.

ETA: New photo of medium shades. The ones above look too similar.Shades 15-25Shades 15-25

Photos353
  • SephoraCollection_Logo.png
  • 035732F6-173C-4938-A624-CBF1E77908CB.jpeg
  • 7C371725-9160-47C7-A065-1DE55BA3A261.jpeg
  • A066D897-17D8-4131-9F19-AC60F28EDF94.jpeg
  • 5478FB8C-F102-404E-A712-4EB05F3D2AE2.jpeg
  • DD655A19-B29E-4CC0-A4C7-EDC4C027551C.jpeg
  • F0E70B10-DD83-4DA0-8CCA-FB937CA59203.jpeg
  • 9F9EBF89-FC57-4EB0-B8DF-C801389BD3E6.jpeg
  • The eyeshadows have a subtle shimmer, some could be used as highlighters as well
  • C01A0688-5B6E-41BB-BDDD-7C24E5EC4B25.jpeg
  • IMG_20200613_140607440_HDR.jpg
  • D792D3AE-BFE6-4004-893B-39FE59628A7D.jpeg
  • 8291B701-4451-4771-93FE-9377C18D6879.jpeg
  • The whole spread! The wipes are the charcoal variety.
  • Clean Lip Mousse, shades from bottom to top: 01 Pine, 03 Tulip, 04 Carnation, 05 Rose, 06 Peony, 07 Orchid, 08 Dahlia, 09 Mahogany
testing