Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Coming Soon - Highlighters

Soo...You may have noticed on our homepage that there's a super special "App-Only Exclusive Early Access" highlighter event happening soon (That's 2/26, to be exact). Well I got my hot little hands on a couple of the products that will be in the event in a meeting today and I *may* have snuck some pics (okay fine I didn't sneak them, I totally took pics and then asked if I could share them with you guys because I love you but I also love my job).

Anyhoo, the Anastasia Nicole Guerriero Glow palette on the left won't be news to any of you, but OMG LOOK AT THE NEW COVER FX CED SHADE (CED=Custom Enhancer Drops). It's called Halo and you guessed it, it's a Holo. I'm. Obsessed. I've swatched it on everyone within a 5 foot radius and it's legit, you guys. 

Both of these pretties will for sale in the app-exclusive early access event on 2/26, so get ready. Meanwhile I may have pocketed the Cover FX drops* so I'll be coming to work tomorrow SHININ'.

highlighters.jpg

*okay fine, I didn't pocket the drops, they gave them to me because I swooned. Again, I like my job and I've never stolen so much as stamp in my life. xo 

Re: Coming Soon - Highlighters

I've heard so many good things about ABH highlighters and I need to try them!! I love the CoverFX drops!!! This shade looks amazing!

The UD Illuminators including Skywalk, are live!!!  ❤️  (So far just on the U.S. site)

Just got my ABH Nicole Guerriero glow kit! This is my first time trying a glow kit, and a different highlighter other than Becca 😄

For reference, I believe I'm roughly an NC20/25 if that helps! And I tried these on my bare face after the pictures, and no blocks of highlight appeared. So, I guess all shades work for me depending on how heavy handed I am.

Taken with natural light/beside the window:

02-ABH-NG-2.jpg

The long swatch on the left is Becca Moonstone, my go-to highlighter for comparison. (The angle is terrible, sorry!)

02-ABH-NG-3.jpg

EDIT - Quick thoughts

• 143, Glo Getter, Forever Lit, Daydream, Forever Young, Kitty Kat (top - bottom)
  • Darkest shades seem similar to Becca Opal and Champagne Pop, respectively, in terms of depth
  • ABH has more noticeable glitter specks, while Becca is more finely milled
  • IMO, Becca is better colour payoff, while ABH is more shine. Since ABH doesn't have too much colour payoff, I assume that's why the darker shades are ok since they come off shiny more than tinted. Normally Opal is too dark and leaves a stripe of colour on me

Thanks for the swatches!  Beautiful!  @Melissa136

@Flyte @makeitup305 This looks pretty close to how these would swatch on my skin tone 😊

@Tamara76 Thanks for the tag! @Melissa136 Great swatches!

Wow these swatched so pretty! Thanks! Hmm the glitter specks is why I hesistate getting this @Melissa136, do you feel it will be very noticeable once blended out on the face?

@Anewxa Once applied, you can tell it has more glitter specks than other finely milled highlighters. But it doesn't spread all over you face unless you apply too much.

I watched a review on YouTube while waiting for my kit to ship. Stephanie Nicole! She was very thorough about the formula and pretty spot on. She said these gave a wet sheen to the face, and I agree! They kind of mesh with your skin.

Hope this helps! I'll be testing them out Thursday. I will come back with photos and my full report 😉

Thank you @Melissa136! I did watch her review as well. Can't wait to see these on you 🤗

i have all the glow kits this is a must in my collection i missed it hope i can grab it on the 3rd of march

I just received the CoverFX drops in the shade "Halo" and I'm so glad I didn't hesitate to buy this gorgeous highlighter. 

Halo is described as "holographic, multi-dimensional." I would add that Halo is a rich mix of icy blue and silvery lilac that create a unique multi-faceted shade. As with other CoverFX drops, this is easy to blend into the skin and one can intensity the color by adding more drops to the desired area.

What impressed me the most is the shift in color intensity as the light hit a particular surface area. Light intensifies the color which gives the illusion of saturation. It's cool to see a highlighter have similar properties to gems (shout out to my earth science teacher, I was paying attention in class 😛 ) with respect to light.

So far I'm very happy with Halo and hope everyone that ordered theirs gets it soon 🙂

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

WOW! Halo is stunning!! I love how intense it is while still being very wearable. It has the perfect glow in the sunlight!  Thank you for sharing your swatches @trishavt

Stunning! I just got mine too and will be playing with it soon. I saw the rose gold box and thought they sent me the wrong one! It would have been neat if the box was holo. 

I just got mine too @trishavt @Anewxa.  I also thought I was sent the wrong one when I saw the rose gold box. LOL  I posted some quick thoughts and pictures in the Cover FX thread.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Cover-Fx-Love/td-p/2675382

Are the CoverFX rose gold drops all that different than Moonlight? 

I didn't see it, any hints? My tablet keeps kicking me off Sephora, it seems to go in phases. Just went to look again and got an error message kick off - paged back and it let me come back here, but nowhere else. Have to shut down completely and then turn it back on. So shutting down for a bit, will check here later.

Thanks for any assist. 🙂

FYI - The highlighters did not show up on my iPad app - it appears to just be a mobile version of the full site vs a separate mobile site like on the phone app.

@kssweetheart Like @tsavorite says, Veronika posted the links below.  ❤️

@kssweetheart,

Scroll down to @veronika23's post to see the links to the 4 highlighters.  About 11 hours before this post.  🙂

I picked up the CoverFx halo drops and I'm so excited!  This looks like exactly the kind of look I've been trying to achieve but haven't be able to. 

I caved in and got the ABH - so excited!

These are beautiful.  Is it age appropriate for me though?  I'm thinking of getting a new highlighter, I have Champagne Pop and it's gorgeous, but I don't want to look like I'm trying to be 20 again 🙂  Should I stay with something more subtle?

157 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • highlighters.jpg
  • IMG_0319.GIF
  • halo.jpg
  • 1c7b7cc678935773c8e76dc13ee7b053.jpg
  • IMG_2292.PNG
  • Savebythebellexcited2.gif
  • IMG_0342.JPG
  • IMG_2381.JPG
  • IMG_2385.JPG